+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 259
Like Tree244Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Worlds Acquisition

  1. #181
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,370

    Default

    Here's something of interest, after years of nothing happening to the Rift Mobile Authenticator, it just got an update earlier and is now called the Glyph Auth, read into that what you like.

  2. #182
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...rip_trionrift/
    People have been repeatedly posting that article which i'll let you read the response to over on reddit. Trion as a company is no more, but it's been that way since news broke, They will be known as Golden Gate Games going forward. A lot of rebranding is likely taking place internally right now and bigdatadude is the first one to have changed his linkedin page with the new company name which I updated earlier today in my post. It'll probably be a while before they start rebranding all of the website related stuff.
    Of interest, not that it really matters was the inclusion of actual court documents which speak louder than Brasse ever could...
    Banned

  3. #183
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    There is a difference between a company see potentials in a certain game and buy it to grow it more by investing more in it AND a company buys the game just because it still generates small cash flows and its costs can be covered when added to a set of 999 other games!

    I think its clear Rift is which!
    I really laugh when thinking that some players actually fell for the long false promises by Trion in the past year and how many of them expected life-changing Producer`s letter, when in fact they were desperately looking for buyer around the world!!

    Unfortunately, the dev letters were empty and void of anything truthful. CM's were censored and censoring posts that were on point for ages. Again, teamleads were utterly guilty of dereliction if duty as were any other manager right up to the CEO.

    Cash grabs with zero intent to deliver any form of content is evidence of this.

    Aedynn, this is due to zero leadership from the top down. Anarchy at it's best and a chapter 7 for the lot of em resulted.
    Last edited by BMX; 11-01-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    Banned

  4. #184
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    So, gamigo et al purchased the assets of Trion Worlds, Inc and are leveraged to the gills over it. And these dolts think that peeps will actually stick around and give em money while they Trion like, give us zero content... Can you say, "Flaming Tail Spin"?
    Last edited by BMX; 11-01-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    Banned

  5. #185
    Champion Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    So, gamigo et al purchased the assets of Trion Worlds, Inc and are leveraged to the gills over it. And these dolts think that peeps will actually stick around and give em money while they Trion like, give us zero content... Can you say, "Flaming Tail Spin"?
    but we really dont know that they are going to give us zero content. i mean i really don't see them doing anything right away cuz they need to get organized but i can see them maybe doing something down the road especially if they are into or getting into cryptocurrency (someone needs to mine this for them and/or however this works). i just don't see it happening overnight ...
    Last edited by Merlin666; 11-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

  6. #186
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Honestly, 4.0 could have brought in a great deal of cash flow, had the right people been involved from the beginning of its development.

    These items are what took RIFT down the toilet and Trion along with it.

    1. The size of the world was pathetically microscopic.
    2. The souls were not scaled AT ALL.
    3. The gambling fetish was introduced.
    4. PvP was omitted.
    5. Raiding was omitted in the beginning.
    6. Intrepid RIFT had no business being deployed at a time when Trion was incapable of dealing
    with the expansion at hand.
    7. Cash grabs were done with zero effort/intent to bring content forth.

    Piss poor management, quite frankly! Would anyone as an investor be willing to bankroll an operation that is unwilling or incapable of delivering a marketable product? I hardly think so!
    The list above was tolerated by the CEO, whom of which was instilled in a position to oversee this operation and ensure that it was indeed marketable. That is a textbook failure called dereliction of duty. Was it entirely the CEO? No! There were plenty of players in that game known as team leaders that were responsible for each title and its subsequent marketability however, they were never held accountable for blatantly refusing to create content, let alone content deliveries on a reasonable, responsible schedule in order to retain playerbase numbers, with which, there would have been a revenue stream that would sustain the operation and show a margin that happens to be a positive integer each and every month.

    Wasn't it great hangin out in those livestreams and discords pretending all was good in Camelot??

    You missed all the RNG stuff to keep the player base busy with very little development effort aka eternal weapons and fragments.

  7. #187
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesDSneed View Post
    You missed all the RNG stuff to keep the player base busy with very little development effort aka eternal weapons and fragments.
    See note 3 above. Gambling fetis covers that in its entirety.
    Banned

  8. #188
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    but we really dont know that they are going to give us zero content. i mean i really don't see them doing anything right away cuz they need to get organized but i can see them maybe doing something down the road especially if they are into or getting into cryptocurrency (someone needs to mine this for them and/or however this works). i just don't see it happening overnight ...
    Not likely to see new development occur near future. Would love to see VALUE placed in the title once again, seeing as Trion didn't think it was their responsibility and it provided em with the equivalent of a chapter 7. Gamigo et al has heaviliy leveraged for the upstart of Golden Gate, so now they will have to step up to the plate or "Flaming Tail Spin" will bite em in the ***.

    The one factor that they have not addressed is communication. This is likely to be detrimental in the future since there is nothing forwarded to the community to gain our trust in them (gamigo). That in and of itself should not be taken for granted as rebuilding trust will cost immensely more than establishing it upfront.
    Banned

  9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #189
    Community Manager Fasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Hey folks,

    I've merged multiple newer threads back into this original post on the topic. I can appreciate that different people will have their own take on the current situation, but it's still best to keep the feedback in one place.

    We're keeping an eye on your concerns and look forward to being able to share more insight into future plans. It's absolutely understandable that you want to hear more details and we owe you that, for sure.

    Please bear with us a bit longer. We're all working very hard to get everything finalized so we can discuss clear plans forward with the most up to date info.

  10. #190
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Fasti,

    Can we at least get a bona fide introduction that can give us some form of insight of the future?
    The longer this is left out, the deeper the distrust becomes.
    There are many that make claims of gamigo not being in our best interest, which also does not help this extended limbo going on.

    Thanks
    Banned

  11. #191
    Rift Disciple pwnguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    There are probably a lot of moving parts - I don't think they are specifically ignoring the community, but they want to say things a certain way and put actual information out and that can't happen right away with all of the legalese and transitioning happening. It's kinda disappointing to see so many of those 'entitled gamers' getting all huffy about not having any info when the actual people left working for our game(s) might not even have that information themselves! Give it time. They aren't dropping an anvil on our heads and if they do? Well, best to have some time before then, eh?

    Chillax, babes.

  12. #192
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    A simple introduction is really going to make a positive effect take place. What was NOT asked for was intricate detail etc. just an intro with mention of an announcement of things to come in the near future and workings for the next few months.

    Either way, neglect was expected from Trion et al and not from their successor.

    Entitled? An empty allegation for asking for a simple introduction.
    Banned

  13. #193
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnguin View Post
    There are probably a lot of moving parts - I don't think they are specifically ignoring the community, but they want to say things a certain way and put actual information out and that can't happen right away with all of the legalese and transitioning happening. It's kinda disappointing to see so many of those 'entitled gamers' getting all huffy about not having any info when the actual people left working for our game(s) might not even have that information themselves! Give it time. They aren't dropping an anvil on our heads and if they do? Well, best to have some time before then, eh?

    Chillax, babes.
    What ?

    Gamigo, did not just buy trion from day 1 to day 2 :P It was 100% a long process, and planning, funding and so on. Just really sad, they did not show there plans or had them ready to the news of the sell :/ Should have been ready for the day after.

    To wait 1-2 week or even more (we dont know yet) IS WAY to long for a playerbase. Its only a good idea if they are going to rework some of the games and focus on new players.

  14. #194
    Champion Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We're keeping an eye on your concerns and look forward to being able to share more insight into future plans. It's absolutely understandable that you want to hear more details and we owe you that, for sure.

    Please bear with us a bit longer. We're all working very hard to get everything finalized so we can discuss clear plans forward with the most up to date info.
    Many of us do not need a crystal clear picture with a rock solid plan laid out in full detail. Many of us just need some official word about the state of things going forward. For me personally, it is far far better to say "we intend on developing new content and do some stuff, but have patience as we get settled in and we'll be able to tell you more details soonish", than this wall of silence from gamigo. All you're saying is "can't say anything now" and given the time that has already passed since this whole thing happened, I am more and more likely to quit than have any kind of patience.

    You want me to keep playing? I want to know SOMETHING that will give me any hope of this game not going down the drain. Right now it feels like the bathtub is being drained and this little rubberducky will no longer have any water to swim in.

  15. #195
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Here's something of interest, after years of nothing happening to the Rift Mobile Authenticator, it just got an update earlier and is now called the Glyph Auth, read into that what you like.
    Is it the same proprietary authenticator flow as always, or can I use any TOTP app that I want, like Google Authenticator?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts