+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Autumn event

Default Autumn event

I have read and googled but can not seem to find out will there be any new item upgrades for gear..anyone heard or seen anything regarding gear?
    Have you ever wanted to?

Rift Disciple

Doesn't look like any gear "upgrades" this year . but ya never know..
    Brazill@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Dreezee View Post
    Doesn't look like any gear "upgrades" this year . but ya never know..
    Ok thank you. I was not sure if I was just having a blonde moment or if I was looking in wrong place or MAYBE they were not going to have one. I was hoping for synergy crystal....silly me
    Last edited by Kulta; 10-17-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Prophet of Telara

I really don't understand why they haven't put a new BiS item. It's easy to implement and gives some revenue for Trion because it can also be bought with credits. It's a win-win for everyone. It could have been a necklece or a ring.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 10-17-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

General of Telara

No new BiS item?

PvE players engage with the event a lot more if they have something to work towards. I hope this is just an oversight.

They did put the items in and they added a new necklace, that appears to be only 300 hit... I am sure it will be fixed/changed to 325 hit. It has very nice stats, not quite as good as Overlord, but a fine piece of metal !
    Last edited by Onebutton; 10-17-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hmmmm, Salvatrix will check on this when she gets back from the airport.
    Bear with us!
    Brasse

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Salvatrix says that it is in store, on par with the highest iLvl gear in game and significant increase over last year... look for the Deathwalker suffix on it, as each class has a different prefix.

Salvatrix acknowledges that RNG accessory boxes may be marginally better stat optimization, but hey... this one is not RNG and is the same iLvl.

Brasse

Cleric one is a very minor increase over upgraded hero but less hit.
    Last edited by Skiye; 10-19-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Not sure if it is the same across all classes, but it is inferior as DPS than the VP Conqueror and Overlord, possibly even vindicator for rogue/primalist. I imagine it is the same for all the other classes. Not to mention the -25 hit issue. Avoid this unless you are on T1 jewellery and have no intention of getting T2 through VP grind.

Given the amount of work that typically goes into earning these (let alone for several alts) making it equivalent to Overlord would have made more sense (plus an option for preserver I guess). Placing the stats in the middle of the range (like vindicator) makes it fit for neither DPS or tank unless the stats had been weighted slightly heavier across main stat, off stat and END. A vindicator 'heavy' if you will with a bit of the best of both worlds.

To illustrate with a simple numerical example, let's say the VP jewellery worked like this:

Main stat 200, Off stat: 150, END 100 (DPS version)
    Main stat 100, Off stat 150, END 200 (tank version)
    Main stat 150, off stat 150, END 150 (Vindi version)

Then the event version could have been:

Main stat 175, off stat 175, END 175.

Better overall without being OP - people would still like this.

PS> You don't even have to step foot in BoS to get T2 upgraded jewellry as the storm cells are purchasable with 5k legion datagrams which can be obtained from various weeklies etc
    Last edited by Linolea; 10-18-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Plane Touched

Anyone who's questioning the stats

Once the hit is fixed, this necklace will be an option to the Vostigar Champion necklace!

The VP Necklace requires Captured Intel a to buy, has RNG element, and requires Storm Cells to upgrade.

The Autumn Harvest necklace is a guaranteed, middle of the ground choice that is cheaper to upgrade if you're not currently residing in Boss.

Sword of Telara

I guess it has already been posted, but the HIT is off on this item if it is supposed to be BIS.

General of Telara

The weekly quest and any dailies I pick up auto abandoning a few seconds after taking it.

"Fright Night was automatically abandoned because the required world event phase has ended"

Perhaps the dates are still set for last year?

The Carnival ring was not BiS, and it shouldn't be, as the amount of effort put into getting Overlord should mean that stays supreme over an easy buy.

But tbh, it was close to BiS, it had the same main stat, but less secondary stat. It was essentially BiS but gave a tiny bit of leeway so that Overlord acquirers didn't get butt hurt.

Seal was always a seasonal BiS. You simply expected that to be BiS.

I must admit, making the necklace "Hero" standard seems rather low. I'm really not sure that Salvatrix really meant this. I hear the argument about "but the boxes take time", but it takes literally 1 box to open to get the equivalent, as Hero/Vindicator is so damn common, and they're basically the same.

So ye, odd choice.
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-19-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Guys it's simple, save your signets and amber for next year (lol next year) and hope, just hope that an expansion exists and hope more that a bis will be sold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast