+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fragments Question/Frustration

Default Fragments Question/Frustration

Talking about Water and Air Fragments.
    I have spent a few fortunes buying both of these fragments searching for a Level One in Crit, Wisdom or Spell Power, yet the best I have received is Level Three in all three categories.

Is a level one crit even available?
    Last edited by Featherrock; 10-11-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Xly
    Plane Touched

You really don't want T1 Crit on Water ;) But yeah, I've seen a few (and converted them to cores). But they're really rare, kinda like Tier 1 CP for Death...

Check here for what's best in slot for every spot. If you're not CP-capped, you essentially want CP mainstat on everything except earth and life:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...fragments.html

If you are talking about the primary stat, you only get certain permutations with each of the elements at each tier. I made a simple reference table here with colour coding for the stat types ("crit" means phys crit or spell crit, while CP is crit power):

https://imgur.com/jfpsvEa

But T1 is often not the best option. As a rogue, for example, the best earth fragments are T3 with Dex as the primary stat. With the secondary stats you try to get as many good ones as possible, and pray to RNGeebus as you upgrade them.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Featherrock View Post
    Talking about Water and Air Fragments.
    I have spent a few fortunes buying both of these fragments searching for a Level One in Crit, Wisdom or Spell Power, yet the best I have received is Level Three in all three categories.

Is a level one crit even available?
    To explain the spreadsheet a little, you definitely don't want tier 1 crit for water etc. You want Crit Power. But yes, T1 are very very rare, and the only way to access these is likely the fragment boxes. I opened 80 Death boxes and only got 2 CP frags. That might be lucky!

Don't spend real money on these, please don't. You're shoving your money down the drain if you do. It's not going to make a huge difference anyway. No point wasting 80 on a game that hasn't seen a proper update in a year, just to get 100k more dps.

Your focus is Crit Power until 8540. So Tier 3/4 water and air are perfect (I forgot which is 3 and which is 4).

Also I have a strong feeling that we'll see a fragment update before Christmas, I'm pretty sure that was Salvatrix's next focus after sorting the mounts. Definitely not worth spending tower fragments and huge amounts of plat until that change.
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-12-2018 at 05:48 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Thank you all for the feedback.
    FYI I am a Cleric, level 70 working on DPS, which is a bit lacking.

+ Reply to Thread