Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DEVS- nerf particles for the disabled?

Rift Disciple

Default DEVS- nerf particles for the disabled?

This is something we've brought up and asked about many times. The platforming particles are not doable for many of us who have a disadvantage/disability of some sort such as colorblindness, vertigo, etc. It shouldn't be hard to make an option to grind more instead of doing particles, or maybe make each attempt count towards a total instead of resetting. Many of us play an mmo BECAUSE it isn't a platformer. Is this something that would ever even be considered? if not, is there a plan to add decent weapons in that AREN'T the eternal?
    Deepwood- Linn, Mina, Mordana, Nif, Sif
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

BMX
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Innomorata View Post
    This is something we've brought up and asked about many times. The platforming particles are not doable for many of us who have a disadvantage/disability of some sort such as colorblindness, vertigo, etc. It shouldn't be hard to make an option to grind more instead of doing particles, or maybe make each attempt count towards a total instead of resetting. Many of us play an mmo BECAUSE it isn't a platformer. Is this something that would ever even be considered? if not, is there a plan to add decent weapons in that AREN'T the eternal?
    This has been raised many times. It seems that creating an alternate path option is beyond optional at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Iuisa View Post
    Try harder?
    When you pay the cost of the ER visit and the four days of lost income, I'll "try harder".
    A personal injury lawyer has been considered.
    Banned

Default it really is easy

i mean all it takes to complete the particle part are two seperate buttons and a mouse that you can hold down your left click button…….

If you somehow have trouble figuring out which bubble to jump to, just keep trying and figure out which bubble gives Points and what not.

The last time someone made one of these threads (which was really big), someone posted that they only had one arm and still completed all of the particle portions of the quest and told people to stop complaining. Whether or not that's true is up to others to decide on their own, but as far as removing it or adding in an alternative - Salvatrix had stated back then the it's possible to do either, but because of the way the quest was designed/built, it's an integral part of the quest and would take a lot of extra dev time to try and separate it. The people who can't genuinely complete it seem to be few and far between compared to the people who can which probably puts it very low on their list of priorities at this point. That's not to say that the people who can't don't deserve an alternative path for it, especially those with disabilities, but you're realistically not going to see that bumped up anytime soon if at all with so many other issues that need to be addressed in game which I shouldn't need to go into detail on.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Shadowlander

I dont play very much anymore but if you need the 25 particles done send me a tell in game @ andysodandy@laethys.

and ignore the sheeters like luisa as they are too busy talking up their own game in crosschat with the ******bag dozen everyday to bother to help anyone

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the info guys, especially Holyroller. I had forgotten about that thread. I knew that the amount of importance vs other priorities was low, but I didn't know about the coding bit. And thanks for the ( mostly) helpful and mature responses.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Quote Originally Posted by Iuisa View Post
    Try harder?
    That person is disabled. That is not nice!

I do believe they were going to add in an alternative path, but like Holy mentioned it might not be on the top of priorities to do.

Also, That was nice of Andy to offer to help.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

This is not a useful or constructive post
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-10-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Doing this is part of why I still haven't pushed my way to 70.

I am an older player, so have slower reaction times, I also only have one functional hand, and my so-called good one has a severe tremor. On top of that I have mediocre eyesight. I also live in Australia so play with a latency of 320ms at the very best of times.

I'm not looking to raid as I know I'm no longer capable of doing that. But I do like doing rifts and having an eternal weapon makes a huge difference with those. Same with killing elites and rares. It would be great to be able to get an eternal weapon and at least partially be on the same level/footing as those that don't have a disability.

I am so fortunate to have a great guild to help me, I tried it many times and my lil dwarf legs just couldnt do it...I also am so grateful for my guild to give me man chances on new things, I really truly feel loved. I honestly was just gonna sit inside of my dim and create but my guild called me out. I can't do it all but I can do some things and that is everything this guild lets me do. Thanks guys. BMX, you are the best guild leader I have seen yet and I have been through many.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

I suffer from vertigo and just can not complete the quest for weapon leveling. I have now 2 chars stuck because despite my trying best I can, which is not much I will be fair because I get so disoriented as soon as I try at all. I am not asking for a free ride but an alternative that would still allow me to progress. Please consider
    Have you ever wanted to?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    I suffer from vertigo and just can not complete the quest for weapon leveling. I have now 2 chars stuck because despite my trying best I can, which is not much I will be fair because I get so disoriented as soon as I try at all. I am not asking for a free ride but an alternative that would still allow me to progress. Please consider
    i dont suffer from vertigo but i get motion sickness from first person mode or character movement that im not used to. so i just asked someone if the could do them for me after getting sick just by trying it for 2-3minutes. you should ask a guildie or ingame friend that you trust to do it for you.
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

This also seems not to be a useful or constructive post.
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-10-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Is increasing the number of particles floating around not an option? What about removing the red ones?

Rift Disciple

Default thanks

Thanks for all the responses and discussion guys. I had forgotten how many times we have brought this up, or how many people had issues.
    Last edited by Innomorata; 10-08-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast