Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DEVS- nerf particles for the disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Simulator or virtual reality sickness is not a disability.

"I can't play FPS games. I'm disabled."

I think that if a real disabled person heard that then he/she might feel ofended.

How dare you insinuate I am not a real disabled person! You do not know me.

Is only having one functioning hand disabled in your eyes?
    How about when that also includes a severe tremor in the so-called good hand?
    Not being able to walk? Needing assistance with many daily activities?
    Does that make for a "real disabled person"?

People like you make me sick with your patronising, condescending tone and insinuations that disabled people should not play games. And I can tell you right now as a "real disabled person", I have more empathy and sympathy for those that can't do it because of vertigo, or colour blindness or motion sickness than I will ever have for people of (collective) your ilk.
    You don't get to decide what is and what isn't a disability. Your complete lack of anything remotely resembling empathy seems like a major disability to me.

Prophet of Telara

I was refering only to simulator sickness. Don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

I was refering only to simulator sickness. Don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said.
    You honestly don't get it do you?
    You do not get to decide what is and isn't a disability.
    If the activity requires you to do something that you cannot do because of a physical issue then that physical issue in that particular instance is a disability.

And I was commenting as a person with a real disability who was apparently supposed to be offended by such claims as "simulator sickness". You were the one that has labelled people with that by the way. I'm assuming it is based on the comment I made about vertigo and migraine being a possible reason one may need to go to the ER. If you read back through all 6 pages, most of the reasons given were vertigo and colour-blindness. Both of which are accepted medical diagnosis and can be disabling.

I am really wondering what your vested interest is in this? You are spending an inordinate amount of time arguing against people who state they have disabilities when it comes to the particle quest. Why?

Rift Disciple

Simulator or virtual reality sickness is not a disability.

"I can't play FPS games. I'm disabled."

I think that if a real disabled person heard that then he/she might feel ofended.
    Arguing whether Simulator sickness or vertigo is or is not a disability is pretty pointless.

What is clear is that some people are more susceptible to simulator sickness or vertigo than others and they can't do anything about that. They can raid fine with that, but this minigame really hurts them. So it is obviously a really bad minigame for a raidweapon. I am sure that if trion had known that in advance, they would never have added it to the eternal weapon.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hellishly View Post
    You honestly don't get it do you?
    You do not get to decide what is and isn't a disability.
    If the activity requires you to do something that you cannot do because of a physical issue then that physical issue in that particular instance is a disability.
    By your definition almost everyone is disabled beacuse there is always sth we can`t do. Disability is sth that severely lowers the quality of life. Usually you can get pension if you are disabled. I'm pretty sure I won`t get any money if I get vertigo/nausea from playing video games. At least not in my country (there is actually a list of what is a disability and what isin`t). There are 3 levels of disability in my country (a medical commision decides about that).

From the very start I referred only to simulator/virtual reality sickness or whatever you call it.

I also never said that you are not disabled. Check my posts.

I protested about calling simulator/virtual reality sickness a disability. If you know that you suffer from that then you should refrain from doing stuff that can cause you ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    I am sure that if trion had known that in advance, they would never have added it to the eternal weapon.
    Trion has made so many silly things in the past 2 years that I wouldnt be so sure about that.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 10-15-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Im honestly surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet, its not even constructive at this point just people bickering about who is correct

I guess arguing about particles/disabilities is fine but a thread asking for content for Live is just too much? idk
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-15-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #97
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Righto folks, as of this time, Maltie is correct, this thread has devolved into bickering and snide shots, so I am closing it before I have to start issuing suspensions for people who cannot keep civil.

The constructive feedback from earlier in the thread has been taken to the Dev Team and I thank you all for it.

Disabilities run a very wide gamut, and cannot be encompassed in simple guidelines.
    Be good to one another.
    Brasse

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7