Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ok so what does live get???

Shadowlander

Default Ok so what does live get???

We get shut down for 6 hours so you can introduce SL to Prime since we are on the same software or whatever, what does LIVE get for having to wait?? We should receive something for the inconvenience this causes us or are we going to get nothing as usual even though you stated we would not be affected by Prime. Just curious

Rift Disciple

LIVE player contribute a hell of a lot more to the game and Prime, through Patron (which is nothing but a sub) and the store.

It just goes to show how limited the resources at TRION are and that LIVE really is just a cash cow for the few employees left.

Buy more mounts.

Supposedly the devs can finally work on some new content to live after this is over.
    Last edited by Skiye; 10-03-2018 at 05:12 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Supposedly the devs can finally work on some new content to live after this is over.
    What is over? Now devs will be fixing bugs in SL.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Prophet of Telara

EU Live is getting **** once again. Maintainace during prime time after weekly reset.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Rift Disciple

That's funny.

Shadowlander

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Telaran

Default Hilarious...really...

not only...as already said...it's prime time in Europe...no it's a national holyday in Germany which i guess many players would have used for visiting Telara.

That again shows how little Trion cares for the German and European player base.

Just so annoying...

Rift Disciple

It is getting to be a pain. I have a regular group on Wednesday afternoon (now) but we can't even swap from Prime to ftp as both are down in sync. I am fed up!!!!!!!!!!!!

General of Telara

From our experience of Trions behaviour of the Vanilla part of Prime, Trion will just move on to fixing/tweaking the next part of prime, then the next, then the next... then the next.

I do agree that Live players should get some form of compensation for the inconvenience for something that doesn't affect them at all. Prime gets Storm Legion. Live gets shat upon.

think our inconvenience for this load they r doing is the double creds sale. there r so many bugs o be addressed but hey who knows

I expect live players will get what the terms of service promise them in case of down time, which is absolutely nothing.

Or, if live players that subscribe are lucky, they will receive a credit of $0.05 to their accounts, which would be the approximate value of subscription time lost if one pays $15/month.

For those that play without purchasing subscription time, your compensation for the $0 dollars of paid time lost will be... $0.

I am more curious to see what changes in storm legion on LIVE as a result of all of this....in theory there should be no change to SL content on Live....

Though I think many of us were under the impression that Prime was an entirely separate instance, and it was certainly promoted as a standalone version with no discernible impact to live ( other than some long standing potential bug fixes) it shouldn't have any noticable impact on Live in terms of content...but perhaps it will resolve any old bugs as they will have done that before launching (relaunching?) it on Prime.

as for 6 hour maintenance window - that's about what it was last time round when Storm Legion was launched.

Once it's done however the Devs can hopefully get back to delivering some new content to Live, where a significant number of patrons still play.
    Last edited by AtoningUnifex; 10-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    What is over? Now devs will be fixing bugs in SL.
    Dropping SL isn't a trivial task; it's not like turning on Exodus of the SQ and finding out the entrance is broken. This is an entirely new (old) expansion so I anticipate a TON of bugs that will need their attention.

What's worse is I doubt anyone did any soul testing at 60 so some hybrid soul combo like RuneShaper/WarChanter/Necro is going hit Zaviel for 350k or Rage of the North + FanOut is going to one-shot people for 185K in PvP.

The next month is going to be nothing but bug fixes for the 200 Prime players.

Live will get a 200% XP bonus from kills so you can level up your 14th alt because you're *that* bored from 1 year of no content.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast