+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mech Week

Shadowlander

Default Mech Week

Need more Zone events to pop, its been a few hours and just seen 2 on eu and one of them bugged out.

Rift Disciple

Have you figured out the dailies?

Two are easy to figure - queue for a dungeon and warfront.

- But "Become What You Hate" isn't quite specific about where to go - I've been trying to get drops from VP events with no luck.
    - I'm guessing "Attacking the Defenders" (kill Volt-1) is a new Z.E., but the quest text certainly could have been a bit more specific.

Anyone figure these out yet?

Shadowlander

Become what you hate is also from those zone event.I got the components from the invasions.
    The zone event is called defenders of the elements both quest can be done in it
    Last edited by Ramenpower; 09-28-2018 at 05:06 AM.

IIRC there was going to be a lure for the zone event in the store - has anyone found it?

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    IIRC there was going to be a lure for the zone event in the store - has anyone found it?
    There was supposed to be, but I disabled it last minute. There is a bug with it that required an engineering fix, and that fix missed the patch. As soon as I get into the office, I will use some manual overrides to try and spike up the event rate
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

General of Telara

Is there any ability in the code to guarantee there is at least one zone event up at all times?

If these Call to Arms events are going to replace the old promo events always having a zone event is kind of essential. The old promo events could be picked up and run at any time of the day and didn't rely on a zone event being present. It would be nice if the new Call to Arms events could be run this way as well (from a player perspective). As it is now it is hard enough to find enough events to get the daily done on one toon. If you run several alts it is almost impossible to get the event done on all without being in game 24-7.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

The old events had events running constantly due to the manual overrides I am going to push through when I get into the office. We have work going on to automate the process for these events since the manual process is arcane, tedious, and error prone, but that work is ongoing.

The safety net was supposed to be the consumable lures, but that did not work out. So in about an hour when I am in office, I will do that arcane, tedious, error prone process.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Thanks Salvie, we appreciate all you do in the name of the game ;P
    Tehjianna Starweaver
    Hailol, Threesprings, Deepwood PVe Servers and Faeblight
    ~~Practically all servers have a character I made, but my Main is DeepWood!

Mayelianna, Arylenna, Airey, Zartanya, Kynne, Aibanna Maeyara & Mayeli as wel ;P

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    The old events had events running constantly due to the manual overrides I am going to push through when I get into the office. We have work going on to automate the process for these events since the manual process is arcane, tedious, and error prone, but that work is ongoing.

The safety net was supposed to be the consumable lures, but that did not work out. So in about an hour when I am in office, I will do that arcane, tedious, error prone process.
    Thank you sir! Could you possibly also boost up the Tyrant's Throne Zone Event? Some of us still don't have that minion card and keep seeing the reminder in our 5/15 deck.

See here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...nion-goes.html

I hope the arcane and tedious process doesn't involve editing data directly in the prod DB. If so, make sure you remember your WHERE clauses. Thanks again!
    Last edited by FlipperPA; 09-28-2018 at 07:42 AM.

General of Telara

Actually, the old events didn't rely on zone events (the Promo Events that is). They all had special objectives that were up continually during the Promo Event. Closing rifts was a part of some of the Promo events but these could be spawned by using lures to open rifts (you weren't guaranteed the needed rift would open but was a lot easier to get one then trying to spawn a zone event).

For an example the old Temporal Flux event (what this weekends event is based on) required you to:
    Smashing the Competition (complete a Level 60 Expert Dungeon)
    Power Play (complete a Warfront)
    Temporal Machinations (collect Mech Components from Temporal Constructs)
    Battling the Battlers (defeat a Mechanized Battler (the last boss) of a Temporal Flux Rift)

That would net you 40 Temporal Gear and was doable daily (850 Temporal Gear would get you a mount). The only part that wasn't up at all times was the Temporal Flux Rifts but these could be spawned using Air rift lures.

Now that the objectives rely on zone events it isn't as easy to complete the dailies on one toon let alone alts. Hopefully the manual overrides (and automated process fix) will make these new events as easy to complete as the old Promo Events.

Note that Unicornalia depended on a zone event.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Ok, all the safety net fallbacks I had lined up have failed - so I am going to the "in case of catastrophe, break glass" option.

I am going to unlock the zone event lure (Planar Beacon). It is priced as a consumable item, but it will not consume when used. Which means for the course of this event this weekend, you can buy it once and use it repeatedly.

AFTER THE NEXT PATCH, IT WILL BE A CONSUMABLE AS INTENDED.

So do not count on this being a permanent use item just because it is going to act as one this weekend.

*edit* to add:
    The item will SAY consumable on it, even though it does not consume. The item can be found now in the CTA store section and on the CTA vendor.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 09-28-2018 at 10:19 AM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

Ok, all the safety net fallbacks I had lined up have failed - so I am going to the "in case of catastrophe, break glass" option.

I am going to unlock the zone event lure (Planar Beacon). It is priced as a consumable item, but it will not consume when used. Which means for the course of this event this weekend, you can buy it once and use it repeatedly.

AFTER THE NEXT PATCH, IT WILL BE A CONSUMABLE AS INTENDED.

So do not count on this being a permanent use item just because it is going to act as one this weekend.

*edit* to add:
    The item will SAY consumable on it, even though it does not consume. The item can be found now in the CTA store section and on the CTA vendor.
    I want to smooshy hug you into next week and then make you cookies. I was a gnats hair from surrendering, giving up on this event and going back to dime building after 2 hours of following yarat all too slowly to reach any events before they were already 95% done. Thanks for doing this, will make the dailies far less of a flailing grind for the slackers who run too slow lol.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Newest Dimensions - "C-RP Monfrey Estate" - Chay, Legions Lost Factory - Dancingmoon. 2018 Storyroom winner - "Lest We forget" - Karinerasis.
    Typhiria - EU (Argent survivor) - Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Note that Unicornalia depended on a zone event.
    There was a zone event for Unicornalia but the dailies didn't rely on that zone event. You could get a trove and there was a one off quest.

Default Thank you

Thank you very much...when people use lures I do not see it in event log
    Have you ever wanted to?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast