+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: shards down?

Shadowlander

Default ........

Yet another example of Prime screwing with Live and yet again we get no answers from the devs as far as if they even know why we are experiencing this and if they are in the process of fixing it or if we even get an ETA. Guess we are gonna be under maintenance for most the day, gg trion. Good thing my patron runs out soon cause I know I'm not giving you any more money for a broken game and worse management.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Valnia View Post
    Still cannot logon.
    Also something odd I noticed on the forums, I am in pacific time zone, which is where I thought trion was based, but the times on the forum posts about 7 hours after PST. (12:29am posting)
    That is a forum-specific setting. Go to Settings > My settings > My account > General settings, scroll to Date & Time Options > Time Zone, and choose your time zone.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pentavala View Post
    I don't think I've ever posted a complaint before now. I've been playing since Beta and I'm starting to believe that I'm done. Just one response from Trion would help here. But all I hear are crickets. Seriously, you can't have one person on-call to address this issue, or at least give us some feedback?

Signed,
    Probably ending patron sub. soon.
    I think that's the thing that's pissing me off the most, is there has been no acknowledgement of the issue anywhere that I can see. Nothing to let us know it's being worked on. Yet a whole day gone from me and our raiding night at that, one of the two nights I only enjoy logging in to play this ****ty game anymore.

well i did have some time to spend playing in rift today but as this is contiuing I see no point flogging a dead horse so am off to play a game from someone else. will return post patch though maybe not.

fed up of the seemingly endless black hole that comms go into but don't come out (other than "buy this shiny thing").

In my line of work, either I, or one of my manager colleagues would by now be being roasted for the delay in comms, the delay in determining issue, the delay in fixing issue, and for simply not being transparent enough with our customer base - any of which would typically result in some form of remedial action, and potentially some form of disciplinary depending on the severity of the issue.

there again, in my line of work there are lives at stake so yeah consequences can be very bad.

Part of system being unavailable is often just as bad, or worse, than no system being available. It can lead to problems relating to incomplete datasets.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Keep in mind that this issue started happening just before midnight in Trion's time zone. It's not like they noticed it's broken but decided to play foosball in the cafeteria instead of handling it.

hmm but they do have people....but nice try

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxie View Post
    hmm but they do have people....but nice try
    And those people are probably asleep. It's not yet 6:00 am. I'm sure they'll see the situation when they get to the office (or if they check the forums before heading to work) and get started on it then.

Telaran

Default Server issues

Well.. Looking back on the forums explains only that I am not alone with the issues, and for some time now it would seem.. What I don't see is any communication from Trion regarding the issue. Can someone near there please go knock on their door and make them aware!! Hey Trion, nice try on doubling credits for cash... How about doubling your efforts to ensure the game is running correctly..

Rift Disciple

I am guessing there are still issues, as I am still getting stuck at 110%.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hello Ascended,All RIFT shards will be taken offline for weekly maintenance at the following times:NA (including Vigil): 7:30 AM PDT / 10:30 AM EDT on September 27, 2018EU: 1:00 UTC on September 28, 2018The estimated downtime duration for all shards is ** 3 hours **Patch Notes will be posted asap.

Hello Ascended,

All RIFT shards will be taken offline for weekly maintenance at the following times:

NA (including Vigil): 7:30 AM PDT / 10:30 AM EDT on September 27, 2018
    EU: 1:00 UTC on September 28, 2018

The estimated downtime duration for all shards is ** 1.5 hours **

Patch Notes will be posted asap, they are making the approval rounds right now.

Confusing much, which is it?? We suppose to pick one?? LOL

[Brasse: The duration of the patch was reduced and I updated the post accordingly. I am sorry that you were confused.]
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 09-27-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    And those people are probably asleep. It's not yet 6:00 am. I'm sure they'll see the situation when they get to the office (or if they check the forums before heading to work) and get started on it then.

You know, with most 24/7 services, there's someone who's on call to deal with issues like availability. Every other online game I've ever played has people on call to address (and communicate!) about issues relating to service availability...which is what things like Patron and store goods are supposed to pay for (in addition to content updates...)

It's pretty telling that this isn't the case and has been an ongoing issues for almost 12 hours with zero communication about what's going on and if anyone is even looking at it.

Full disclosure:
    I don't even know what the official channels of communication are anymore. Seems that some things, like a delayed patch are communicated in private discord servers instead of in public locations.

That is an entirely different sort of problem.

[Brasse: Normally I post the downtime messaging when I have it, and that time can vary. In future, I will also post when we do not have a patch on the usual Wednesday. By the way, the RIFT Discord channels are PUBLIC, open to all, and very ably run by Clowd & Seshatar. just load up Discord and search for Heroes of Telara.
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 09-27-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letigre View Post
    You know, with most 24/7 services, there's someone who's on call to deal with issues like availability. Every other online game I've ever played has people on call to address (and communicate!) about issues relating to service availability...which is what things like Patron and store goods are supposed to pay for (in addition to content updates...)

It's pretty telling that this isn't the case and has been an ongoing issues for almost 12 hours with zero communication about what's going on and if anyone is even looking at it.

Full disclosure:
    I don't even know what the official channels of communication are anymore. Seems that some things, like a delayed patch are communicated in private discord servers instead of in public locations.

That is an entirely different sort of problem.
    This does make me seriously rethink whether or not I will stay a patron. First of all I can't play my main character and have not been able to all day, and second I think if the news is brought on private discord servers and not as I would think normal, on this forum, I consider that to be an insult to injury, and not merely another sort of problem.
    I am very disappointed right now.
    Last edited by Talgal; 09-27-2018 at 06:53 AM. Reason: typo

There was a time
    When I was so broken-hearted
    Love wasn't much of a friend of mine
    The tables have turned, yeah
    'Cause me and them ways have parted
    That kind of love was the killin' kind

Now listen
    All I want is someone I can't resist
    I know all I need to know by the way that I got kissed

I was cryin' when I met you
    Now I'm tryin' to forget you
    Love is sweet misery
    I was cryin' just to get you
    Now I'm dyin' 'cause I let you

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #43
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hello folks,

Normally our NOC (Network Operations Center) would pick up on a large number of issues like this and we get a call in the middle of the night - I sleep with my phone under my pillow. Unfortunately that did not happen, so we're looking into it.

NA servers are down for the patch now, which generally also serves as a "magical reboot" and fixes all manner of issues.

EU folks, please post here if you are experiencing issues.

And hey, this has nothing to do with the Prime services - no activity was going on behind the scenes overnight on the Dev side on Prime or Live that would conceivably cause these issues.

I will post if we get further information. My apologies, I was indeed asleep before midnight.
    Brasse

thanks Brasse, for the acknowledgement and the message.

Soulwalker

Wink Things that make you say, Hmmm?!?

I tried to log several times this morning between 03:30 and 11:00 EST. All NA shards are down after a 10% timeout that returns you to the selection screen, (Error: disconnected due to inactivity) but EU and Prime work just fine. The outage forum at...
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...9-28-18-a.html
    Says they had a scheduled NA outage from 7:30 until 9:00 EST (1.5 hrs) but either they started early and ran in to some issues or the whole mess just came down prior to them starting and they still haven't been able to fix it.

So the short story is, if you need your Rift fix for the day build a new toon on Prime... Which is where they want everyone to be anyway...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast