+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dev time spent on Mount Organsation

  1. #16
    Champion of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    Stop complaining about free stuff, you sack of potatoes.

    Salvatrix was messing around with it, and I even think it was in her "free time". It was stated over 100 mounts are in the loot table, with some not even used anymore. This is great for us collectors and for those wanting to pimp up the achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balidin
    I am pretty sure Salvatrix stated she was moved onto this instead of the fragment update which is why we haven't seen it. It was aimed to be on PTS right after the last patch.

    Priorities.
    I think this answers your question. Let's be realistic, achievements are not priority over lack of content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    The reason for the fixed speed and autoscale is pretty logical. The fixed mounts was usually those from events etc., which people went for to increase their mount speed if the unlocked mount was quicker. Salvatrix had to make all autoscale version, because free mounts with fixed speed doesn't sound like a good idea. Those you're supposed to grind, buy or unlock through other means.
    Ye I get that. That's what I thought it should be. Hence when you said "Stop complaining about free stuff, you sack of potatoes" I thought, wait, free stuff isn't always good!

    I also found it a bit confusing about the minimum/maximum thing, but I'm thinking now they essentially work the same way. If you unlock that speed mount, your auto-scaling will now meet that. I just don't know why people were mentioned min/max and what the point of fixed is, except for limiting "swift". As others have said, the logic is flawed. Whatever, I give up now.

    Also "sack of potatoes", I'll let you off this one time, but in future otherwise I won't hold back XD
    Last edited by Refuge; 09-24-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  2. #17
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    424

    Default

    I guess the Valmera I recently got in the calendar trove could potentially have been a new mount skin for one of my characters if I had any Defiant (each Guardian gets two Valmera mounts from the Ascended Trove while leveling). Kind of a letdown.

  3. #18
    Telaran Perisemiotics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    68

    Default

    hey guys, totally off-topic question but I've seen Salvatrix being referred to as "she" - that is the dev who used to go by Tacitus, yes? and he was a guy, so did I miss something here? or is Salvatrix a different/new dev?
    Just curious is all.
    Xarhuli@Greybriar

  4. #19
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perisemiotics View Post
    hey guys, totally off-topic question but I've seen Salvatrix being referred to as "she" - that is the dev who used to go by Tacitus, yes? and he was a guy, so did I miss something here? or is Salvatrix a different/new dev?
    Just curious is all.
    One and the very same awesome person

  5. #20
    Isp
    Isp is offline
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perisemiotics View Post
    hey guys, totally off-topic question but I've seen Salvatrix being referred to as "she" - that is the dev who used to go by Tacitus, yes? and he was a guy, so did I miss something here? or is Salvatrix a different/new dev?
    Just curious is all.
    She was Tacitus and she does not look like a guy - http://www.twipu.com/Keepr0
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  6. #21
    Rift Chaser Tuasemper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    397

    Default

    With regards to mounts & ach's, there is no lack of content. As a matter of fact, while there are still some bugs floating around, in my opinion, I don't feel there is a lack of content. I believe there is plenty to still work on until newer content comes out.

    However, they ( being the devs ) have to try & cater to everyone, & give ppl what they ask for. Doing it this way helps us collectors as it counts towards the ach's. You're not into that, that's fine. Changing one little thing at times has a totally unintended affect on the rest. Sometimes not changing anything at all can have the same affect.

    This isn't about someone just "not wanting to say anything bad about the devs". It's about the majority agreeing with, & not having an issue with, the attempts the devs are making at pleasing the whole entire community in as many ways as possible, & in as many different categories as possible. It's what they're here for. Just because you don't agree, or don't like it, or don't understand it, doesn't mean they don't deserve a big thank you, & it definitely doesn't mean the majority just doesn't want to "rock the boat". The ppl you claim don't want to say anything bad, have also been in these same forums asking, begging, & pleading for more understanding or more fixes. I myself have jumped on here & ranted, then have to come back & say "my bad, boy was that uncalled for".

    If this were about not trying to be negative, & it really is about trying to understand or wrap your head around something, then I feel it could have been worded in a better, less offensive sounding way. Less argumentative, & less accusatory, for sure. Just my opinion, of course. Since it is worded that way from the beginning, surely you can understand why it seems so many aren't pleased with your issue. I know sometimes I just want to lash out, say what I really think in the exact words I feel like using. However, if/when I do that, I can't blame everyone else, or get upset at them because I chose to sound like that instead of reasoning with myself & figuring out a better way to express my intent & question so it can be heard & handled in a productive way. Believe it or not, it shows a certain level of maturity, & ppl tend to listen to what you have to say because of it, & are usually alot more willing to help.
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts