Like Tree17Likes
  • 3 Post By Amielle
  • 2 Post By Grimmsie
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12
  • 5 Post By Salvatrix
  • 3 Post By Ryaad
  • 2 Post By Ryaad
  • 1 Post By Amielle

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bounty dimension trophy in rift store

Default Bounty dimension trophy in rift store

Title says it all, THANK YOU!

Yes a big Thank You

Not happy about this, but it seems greed has trumped logic

Unless it's unique to a dimension, and this is just for people who may have deleted it.. but I doubt so.
    Last edited by Refuge; 09-14-2018 at 03:59 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

* Additional Bounty trophy dimension items can now be purchased in the Rift store for those that have completed the requisite achievement.

In other words, why is that bad? If you have earned the achievements, which is not that easy at all, then this is actually great, why not be able to use the same dimension item a few more times if you are eligible...

Because it's supposed to be a unique item. And now it's not. It's lost it's pazzazz
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Not happy about this, but it seems greed has trumped logic

Unless it's unique to a dimension, and this is just for people who may have deleted it.. but I doubt so.
    I believe that is the intention. Many other trophies/dimension items that were locked behind achievements already had sections on the store where you could re-buy them as long as you had the above requirements already. I think salvatrix just added in that ones that didn't for people who deleted, lost or just want to use them in multiple builds, but they are still Bind on Pickup so you can't trade certain ones like the hunting trophies.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Exactly.

I made sure they were not tradeable before adding them, I added them at the request of the dimensioneering community, were done on my own personal time while I was on vacation, are available for in-game currency, and are expected to be zero revenue generation for Trion.

The idea that is was driven by "greed" boggles me, since it was kind of the opposite of that. :-/
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

I don't really see any downsides to this change. It brings bounty dim items in line with other achievement granted dim items. It's something the dimension community wanted. There's no real greed here. It seems obvious to me that this was Trion doing something nice for the players, or at least the dim community. The lack of greed is even more obvious knowing this was essentially a personal project of a dev (seriously, thank you, it's always amazing to see things like that happen).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    It's oft said, and I do paraphrase, that Trion could mail people $100 each and some would complain on the forums that it should have been more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn View Post
    Hey folks,
    Just dropping in a reminder to ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    Exactly.

I made sure they were not tradeable before adding them, I added them at the request of the dimensioneering community, were done on my own personal time while I was on vacation, are available for in-game currency, and are expected to be zero revenue generation for Trion.

The idea that is was driven by "greed" boggles me, since it was kind of the opposite of that. :-/
    You've misinterpreted me (which is understandable, I wasn't clear about this). Greed of players not Trion - consumption over value. It would have worked if you made it unique to a dimension / character.

I know it was a simple plaque, but rarity is an important commodity that shouldn't be messed with, such that similar actions else where have undeniably negative impacts on an mmo.

It was like a collection of unique cards that could be displayed in a room somewhere and shown with pride, no other dimension items were like this. That principle is wrecked by making limitless multiples available at the whim of a few dimensioners. Anyway it's just my 'two cents', you're obviously not going to change it back so we'll leave it at that. The dimensioners who requested this should leave with a win in their hands before they regret trying to debate it further
    Last edited by Refuge; 09-14-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

You've misinterpreted me (which is understandable, I wasn't clear about this). Greed of players not Trion - consumption over value. It would have worked if you made it unique to a dimension / character.

I know it was a simple plaque, but rarity is an important commodity that shouldn't be messed with, such that similar actions else where have undeniably negative impacts on an mmo.

It was like a collection of unique cards that could be displayed in a room somewhere and shown with pride, no other dimension items were like this. That principle is wrecked by making limitless multiples available at the whim of a few dimensioners. Anyway it's just my 'two cents', you're obviously not going to change it back so we'll leave it at that. The dimensioners who requested this should leave with a win in their hands before they regret trying to debate it further
    Genuinely curious what these negative impacts you think are happening are? It's still available to show off as a trophy for non-dim people, as you still need to unlock it to get any amount of the item. Beyond that the main group dim items are aimed at are the dimming community, which was asking for this change. I truly am having trouble seeing the downside of this change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    It's oft said, and I do paraphrase, that Trion could mail people $100 each and some would complain on the forums that it should have been more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn View Post
    Hey folks,
    Just dropping in a reminder to ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive.
    Thanks!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaad View Post
    I truly am having trouble seeing the downside of this change.
    Dimensions filled with corgi trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    Dimensions filled with corgi trophies.

Yup. I asked for bounty dimension items from achieve in rift store. #scooore
    Last edited by Amielle; 09-15-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

LOL Coming from a guy who posted this http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5361415 , wanting to cheapen the achievement that some of us did paying full price for the flares is just precious.
    Veylin@Laethys <Nefarious>
    Veylin@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Serpent View Post
    LOL Coming from a guy who posted this http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5361415 , wanting to cheapen the achievement that some of us did paying full price for the flares is just precious.
    Oh deary me. I guess you think you're smart trawling through someone's previous posts and trying to find a hypocritical statement to counter them with? Orrr you could have debated the topic directly..

And if you had thought about this post for more than 2 mins you would have realised how completely unrelated it is to the point I'm trying to make. Please notice that this debate had nothing to do with making the achievement too easy. In fact, it's probably too hard.. no one PvP's anymore and I don't believe there are as many hunting them. This is more about what they were worth in a dimension.

I didn't want to make a huge issue about it, I was just sharing my opinion that I didn't agree with the change. I guess my quite provocative statement clearly drew interest. As someone above said, the idea of having multiple trophy duplicates doesn't sit well with me. I liked the idea that there was only one place you could put these, and probably in some kind of trophy room. Now, I won't be able to tell if its the original, or if it's just there as random decor. I guess I can't put my finger on it, but it goes back to what I originally said; there's something nice about rarity of a dimension object when you see it. This has somewhat lost that appeal (despite the achievement still being hard to complete).

And my response to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan
    I truly am having trouble seeing the downside of this change.
    I personally can't find the upside! Unless you want 100 corgi trophies! 2 is bad enough. That personally is not an upside!

More seriously, I don't want this to be the forward thinking of Trion. Turning rare items into abundance. I think there's a time and place for both. This isn't a serious issue, but more of a pre-emptive criticism. I would like to see Trion avoiding the path of 'feeding the greed', think they're winning themselves with easy changes that are pleasing the community, then before we know it see the essence of rare collecting over.
    Last edited by Refuge; 09-17-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread