+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: LOL seriously.....Game not in maintenance mode??

Shadowlander

Default LOL seriously.....Game not in maintenance mode??

All right folks, this thread has been going on since April, and through a bunch of new content and quality of life patches. We appreciate all your input and thoughts!
    It is a fact that we cannot fulfill everyone's hopes and dreams for the game, but we have a widely varied player base to serve and a TON of content created over seven years to serve as much of our loyal players as we can.

Tune in to this Friday's Livestream for the new info on Primeval Feast and other topics, then feel free to start a new thread!
    Brasse

What game are you playing that had new content??? One raid came out that was new in the last what year and that was BOS, Inteprid dungeons ARE NOT NEW CONTENT! Of course you're not going to make everyone happy but maybe if Trion would take into account at least SOME of the suggestions on these forums for class balance, pvp gear/valor/prestige, new content, new lands, NO GAMBLING, notoriety, etc. etc. that we have been posting for YEARS now we would actually have a player base which would make the game worth playing again.

You're comments for this just go to show how much you guys really pay attention to what we have been asking for for years. You can deny it all you want but the game is in maintenance mode. Thanks for ignoring us as usual, have a nice day!

I tried so hard and got so far in the end its doesnt even matteeeeer.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Last Dawn

Shadowlander

Default Trion's Way to deal with criticism

DELETED - makes no sense to waste my time in this forum. I'm waiting for the day if in "todays posts" is only 1 row ....
    Last edited by Ascac; 09-14-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Telaran

I went through the patch notes since April, looking for things I might consider "new content." Given the context of questioning whether the game is in maintenance mode, I wasn't sure if I should include only "things to do" or also "things that change the way we do things" (balance changes). Notably, I did not include returns of old events, Prime stuff, Intrepid modes, and so on. Here's what I've got:

12: achievements for Tenebrean Prison
    13: mass class rebalance
    14: minor class balance

0: balance changes
    5: updated some daily calendar rewards

So, there hasn't been anything I'd consider "new content" per se in this time period, but I don't think a game in maintenance mode would get a rework of the fundamental interactions between various combat buffs. The new rewards are a smaller but still positive sign.

Plane Walker

It isnt even really in maintenance mode - it is worse than that.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

You guys are all so boring. Just use your eyes and be your own judge.

We already had one of these threads closed because it was repetitive nonsense. They said reopen one if you like after today's stream and you've jumped the gun.

Give it a rest already.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Shadowlander

Default ok......

You guys are all so boring. Just use your eyes and be your own judge.

We already had one of these threads closed because it was repetitive nonsense. They said reopen one if you like after today's stream and you've jumped the gun.

Give it a rest already.

This entire game is boring because we have had nothing new in forever and it's the same stuff every day. I do use my own eyes and that's how I judge Trion on what they do and don't do.

Lol repetitive nonsense, of course it is because people are trying to get Trion to understand where most of the playerbase is coming from and hoping against hope that they actually pay attention to what we have to say which of course they haven't. What difference does waiting for a livestream do, it's going to be more info on prime and maybe igsb which most of us don't care about but will take cause at this point it's better than nothing and if Trion paid attention to our REPETITIVE NONSENSE they would know that.

The only reason people post on here most the time is because we love the game and want it to succeed and hope that some of our ideas or wants for the game get taken into consideration somewhere along the road which again they don't. Nice to see people like you though that tell us to give it a rest when you yourself have stated that you're just a casual player and prolly have no idea what most of us are concerned with. GG and have a nice day lol!

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

This year's theme has definitely been one of addressing QOL (Quality of Life) issues on Live, as Dev has explained in previous letters. That has been the case to date, as promised, and will continue.

We appreciate feedback and track it carefully. Development teams have the challenge of balancing personnel resources, player wishes (for many, many different playstyles) as well as the needs of the game progression and evolution. Games, like people, have a life cycle. Some might claim that I am in maintenance mode too, but I plan to carry on for another 30 years or so, albeit at a slower pace. =P

Every player will evaluate the fun and challenge of a game and will act accordingly. Stay, or explore another world instead. Repeatedly posting the same thing will not add to the quality of feedback for Dev.

Brasse

General of Telara

Can we not pretend that the "theme" this year was of quality of life like Trion had any other options.

Trion had too small a team for 1 MMO then added a second to the same team. This whole year is about quality of life because that is all you can possibly do because you don't have the resources to do anything else. Please stop pretending otherwise.
    Last edited by Balidin; 09-14-2018 at 10:04 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

We are not pretending anything. There is always a limit to how much a team can create, and the QOL changes undertaken this year took a substantial amount of time.

Maintenance mode means nothing is being done on a game save for server restarts. It's pretty obvious when it happens; RIFT has a Dev team. I hope you're all coming to the Livestream in 15 minutes, where two of the living, breathing Devs will chat about the game and what they are working on.

Brasse

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    the QOL changes undertaken this year took a substantial amount of time.
    Brasse
    QoL changes were welcomed but I don't understand why they took a substantial amount of time. What was so hard in adding intel to various activities or reducing frag cost by half ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

General of Telara

Just had to turn off the stream. Too Dissapointing.

The whole focus is always on the next thing coming to Prime and always will be.
    Last edited by Balidin; 09-14-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Plane Walker

We are not pretending anything. There is always a limit to how much a team can create, and the QOL changes undertaken this year took a substantial amount of time.

Maintenance mode means nothing is being done on a game save for server restarts. It's pretty obvious when it happens; RIFT has a Dev team. I hope you're all coming to the Livestream in 15 minutes, where two of the living, breathing Devs will chat about the game and what they are working on.

Brasse
    No offense Brasse, because I respect what you do and how you try to do it BUT if there is a team and they are working hard:

1) Why was the expac so small compared to prior ones?

2) Why did most of the things in it fail so badly?

3) Why has there not been more raid content?

4) Why the desperate store content?

5) Why the ridiculous loot system and grinds baked into this one?

The list goes on and on. The reason why so many people have quit Rift and wont have anything more do with Trion is largely due to behavior which began/was exacerbated in this expac. If you are really being straight with us, I think it begins by answering questions like this (I am sure others have asked them better than I could) and laying out a clear vision of what will be rolled out this fall, this winter, next spring. What can we expect as players? Why should we stay given the last couple years? Honestly, I would love some answers because I love this game or at least what it was for years.
    Last edited by dundare; 09-14-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

To be fair, a lot of these have been answered over the course of this expansion, but a lot of people don't bother watching streams, reading notes (when available) or keeping themselves up to date with the information that's out there. There are all official answers that have been given at one point or another. Whether or not people like the answers is a different story of course. To be clear, I'm not defending their decisions and share most of the frustrations that others have, but just relaying the information that's already out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    1) Why was the expac so small compared to prior ones?
    The main reason was the team size at the start of the expansion. This was discussed upon the release of BoS on a stream where Icarus was present. While it was specifically more about raid size, it still applies to the rest of the expansion in general.

2) Why did most of the things in it fail so badly?
    Roughraptors admitted that certain systems like Fortress Sieges were rushed out too soon and that was mainly because people need/wanted something to do as there wasn't anything besides the 2 dungeons at the time. Personal Note: Not having content available at the level cap was likely due to the first point above.

3) Why has there not been more raid content?
    One of the biggest reasons besides the first 2 points is that the vast majority of people wanted and needed quality of life changes like balance. These directly affect any new raids that would put out in the first place and those changes are finally being made, but they take a lot of time. Those need to be ironed out first before any new raids are to come. More of those changes should be coming sometime this/next month.

It's also no secret to any of us that Prime (as many predicted early on) took a lot of focus away from Live and while that has been a little better, it still seems to be the case in a smaller degree. Storm Legion is on the horizon for Prime so getting that up and running is one of their priorities as of 9/14/18 via the live stream. More notes:https://www.thegharstation.com/2018/...ember-14-2018/

4) Why the desperate store content?
    Again, the vast majority of people have been asking for store changes since it's introduction really. The issues and drama around the store were heavily escalated last year with the Dragon's Hoard pack and the $100 random mount box released in December. The battelfront 2 debacle also contributed to those decision to make changes as well I'm sure.

5) Why the ridiculous loot system and grinds baked into this one?
    Personal Loot - Their attempt to allow people to grind to their hearts content as you can continually get marks and loot (specifically from dungeons as it doesn't apply to raids) so long as you have the IRCs to spend. The issue of course is that unlike prime, you either have to wait on a weekly basis to get more charges or you have to buy them. They really should've been ways to farm them in game like there is in Prime.

Eternal Weapons - Their answer to not have to wait for weapon drops in order to keep progressing through raids. Obviously attaching such major procs to the weapons contributed to the terrible balance problems we had seen even up to this current point. Either way it was something they tried and hopefully learned from as they said that they plan to do things differently if they continue with the idea of eternals in the future.

Personal Story: In vanill Hammerknell, I had a lot of warriors and the only relevant weapons were from Grugonim and Akylios. We killed Grug for several months and never saw a single warrior weapon to the point where we contacted a Dev and were told that we had really bad luck. Some of the warriors had to spend a lot of extra time grinding out PvP weapons (which wasn't easy back then) to get that little extra hit in order to be ready for Infernal Dawn. In that sense, Eternal weapons are great, but just implemented poorly like a lot of other things.

Planar Fragments - Another attempt to answer accidentally vendoring extra sets many people had to carry around, especially tanks: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...bag-ideas.html
    While people simply wanted a bag that would just carry that extra gear without having to worry about vendoring, that eventually turned into fragments. It was also beyond expensive for many people in Nightmare Tide constantly stat swapping and have to buy rune removers or make/buy new runes entirely. Fragments were a "level cap them once and be done for good" situation where any actual armor that dropped would just be a straight upgrade if it had higher base stats. Great idea, poorly implemented... especially because you ended up having to spend 10x more plat than stat swapping in NT. This was due to the 1% of people sitting on 100k+ plat in NT complaining that they had nothing to spend it on.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Brasse
    I think what frustrates people is the lack of any clear communication for what comes next (and when). Although I'm not one of them, a ton of people that have historically played Rift did so on its reputation for offering a compelling end-game raiding experience.

It's OK if we aren't going to see any meaningful advancement of that paradigm, but please communicate as much to your playerbase if so. Same with expansion content. By focusing on "QoL" features over content, it sounds like you're simply prepping the game for its sunset years which, again, would be OK if we know that's the direction you are heading.

Be honest with your customers about your intentions with the game so they can make a choice as to where they spend their time. Treat us with respect, please. I know it might be easy to lose sight of the fact, but we aren't children who need to be sheltered from "complicated" answers in favor of a juice box and a push into the yard.

What reasonable expectations can we have about new content over the next 6 months? What type of player do you envision choosing Rift over something else?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast