Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree310Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: LOL seriously.....Game not in maintenance mode??

Champion

They killed the game and now are pounding the rubble acting like dust clouds are accomplishments.

Just my guild 50 or more patrons gone from Rift this year, prob closer to 70.

Also last time SL launched smoothly I lost 4 levels in a wipe on the "venerable" faeblight server.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Sword of Telara

The game is not really dead. The old school thinking of you need to join my guild and my shard to raid with us is dead. Players are joining multiple discords from guilds and asking for invites through that to fill empty spots. So if make your discord public or make discord and know other guilds who are willing to cross link their raiders with yours they will probably do it just to get multiple raid days filled.

For instance, I have access to 5 discord guilds and pretty much can find a raid every week. It may not be on the day I want to raid but as you build a reputation and get known as a good raider eventually people will want you to come raid with them etc.

Not sure if I am explaining it right.. but the old way of thinking is mostly dead. Lots of players don't want to leave their shard or guilds to raid either. Especially not to faeblight since that shard has problems and they have a different policy with names.

Many players like to have their own personal guild banks for storage as well. Most of the guilds that survived the fall out with prime and lack of content still managed to stay afloat and even still raid multiple days a week. I have seen raids going every single day from wens.- tuesday where guilds share players with each other and are not restricting players to have to join their shard and guilds for invite. I don't know if you use discord or not but every guild should.. and the more open to the public they are should allow your guild to survive. I use to be in a guild who use to even prohibit their guildies from raiding with other guilds or pugs when they could not make raid days and that ended up falling apart so fast..At the moment players do not want to be restricted like this anymore and leaders have a much bigger pool of players to choose to fill in spots by sharing.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 09-22-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    They killed the game and now are pounding the rubble acting like dust clouds are accomplishments.

Just my guild 50 or more patrons gone from Rift this year, prob closer to 70.

Also last time SL launched smoothly I lost 4 levels in a wipe on the "venerable" faeblight server.
    I lost about 15-20 prestige levels in pvp. Was nearly maxed out and on my way to equipping the best in slot pvp gear at the time. It took me almost 3 months to recover because I didn't have the same time to dedicate as well.I was just in CQ riding on my mount and dc'ed and when I got back online I had loss so much ranks. Am still salty about it to be honest. At that time they took off the PTS server for a few weeks too so I had to wait for PTS to come online then tell them to look at my PTS character which showed I had more prestige on it. They didn't reimburse me too much either..
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-22-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    The game is not really dead. The old school thinking of you need to join my guild and my shard to raid with us is dead. Players are joining multiple discords from guilds and asking for invites through that to fill empty spots. So if make your discord public or make discord and know other guilds who are willing to cross link their raiders with yours they will probably do it just to get multiple raid days filled.

For instance, I have access to 5 discord guilds and pretty much can find a raid every week. It may not be on the day I want to raid but as you build a reputation and get known as a good raider eventually people will want you to come raid with them etc.

Not sure if I am explaining it right.. but the old way of thinking is mostly dead. Lots of players don't want to leave their shard or guilds to raid either. Especially not to faeblight since that shard has problems and they have a different policy with names.

Many players like to have their own personal guild banks for storage as well. Most of the guilds that survived the fall out with prime and lack of content still managed to stay afloat and even still raid multiple days a week. I have seen raids going every single day from wens.- tuesday where guilds share players with each other and are not restricting players to have to join their shard and guilds for invite. I don't know if you use discord or not but every guild should.. and the more open to the public they are should allow your guild to survive. I use to be in a guild who use to even prohibit their guildies from raiding with other guilds or pugs when they could not make raid days and that ended up falling apart so fast..At the moment players do not want to be restricted like this anymore and leaders have a much bigger pool of players to choose to fill in spots by sharing.
    Thats more a reflection of a low pop/dying game than anything else. It started on Prime when only a couple guilds had enough for GSB on their own and the no lockouts policy there meant there were more opportunities to raid. Good to see it has trickled to live, but on live you have lockouts so...it really just means they have killed off most of the raiding guilds.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Prime is THE cash cow, why would they ever divert resources to live, when you have people pumping in $15 per month into "old" content?

thats literally IT. everything in prime is OLD. its already out there, the only thing that remains is to balance it and maybe add some new stuff?

its already taking trion several MONTHS to do this simple task. how much time do you think they will be willing to devote to live, which doesnt pull anywhere close to these $$$ numbers?

my prediction : no new content for live until 2020.

there, ive said it. someone screencap this for posterity, incase i get banned.

another prediction : a ban for me. soon. see you all. im sad to see you're still sticking to a dead and dying game. its time to move on.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    Prime is THE cash cow, why would they ever divert resources to live, when you have people pumping in $15 per month into "old" content?
    That's the thing. I think most people would agree that Prime likely isn't the cash cow. There's a lot of people playing it that were already patrons long before prime ever hit and they play it exactly because there's no relevant content to do on live so they play there until there is. Prime also has a significantly reduced store which means a ton of the convenience items were taken out and they tend not to have the same type of sales on there as they do on live which means it's probably not generating much if any revenue compared to the live store. This is especially true with the recent maelforge power pack with a 2mil+ loyalty incentive which is another system Prime lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    That has a lot less to do with "old school thinking" than it does necessity. I think I can speak for a lot of veteran GMs that they would much rather being doing progression / clears with their own guild rather than having to rely on outsider players and guilds to get it done, but the raiding population specifically isn't there right now so there's no other choice. That also isn't to say that people don't enjoy raiding with each other from various guilds/players, but one of the main points of a guild is to build up your group of players, work together and take down bosses under one banner. It gives a lot of people a sense of accomplishment in the game and and allows those who are competitive to compete against each other for fast clears, achievements ect.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 09-22-2018 at 11:55 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Default :P

LOL seriously.....Game not in maintenance mode??-f6c.jpg

The answer is obvious

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Shadowlander

The Dev team needs to stop with this prime stuff
    Last edited by Pints; 09-23-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    Attachment 33487

The answer is obvious
    Go be sad somewhere else, and eat your cookie.
    Also, a tad silly seeing your downvote Rift on Steam. How many hundred or thousand of hours did you play it after all? ;)

Maybe Solitaire works better for you.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

Rift Chaser

Default Gharn- This GM lost a guild and is saddened- it was a good run....

Gharn-and Aedynn- my guild raiders left not long after SFP came out. The grind for the eternal weapons, the bugs, and at the time no raid and only 2 functioning dungeons put them off. We paid 40.00 US dollars for the expansion at the time- which also put off my Free to Players. The rollout was flawed- and seemed more like a beta than something promised to be "polished." Yes- the game eventually got many of the bugs fixed. Yes the raid eventually came out. Yes- the game went free to play again. But after all the hype it was too little too late. There are other games out there that gave bang for the buck- and my guildies found those games. I felt much like I was losing my extended family. Our guild raided together- because we knew our strengths and weaknesses- and enjoyed each other's company. We helped gear each other, helped craft for each other, did world raid rifts and quests together- because we had a level of trust in each other's abilities. Yes- we occasionally filled in with friends or other guilds on 20 man raids- but we enjoyed being under one standard. Understand this is not QQ- this is pride. Pride in teamwork and achievement and progression. Not in just accomplishing a task. Our guild had been together since 2011. It still lurches along in Rift but barely. I moved some of our raiders to another game so we can still play together - we enjoy each other's company. No amount of random fills off a Discord channel can come close to that.
    Last edited by Andracleric; 09-24-2018 at 02:13 AM.

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Gharn- my guild raiders left not long after SFP came out. The grind for the eternal weapons, the bugs, and at the time no raid and only 2 functioning dungeons put them off. We paid 40.00 US dollars for the expansion at the time- which also put off my Free to Players. The rollout was flawed- and seemed more like a beta than something promised to be "polished." Yes- the game eventually got many of the bugs fixed. Yes the raid eventually came out. Yes- the game went free to play again. But after all the hype it was too little too late. There are other games out there that gave bang for the buck- and my guildies found those games. I felt much like I was losing my extended family. Our guild raided together- because we knew our strengths and weaknesses- and enjoyed each other's company. We helped gear each other, helped craft for each other, did world raid rifts and quests together- because we had a level of trust in each other's abilities. Yes- we occasionally filled in with friends or other guilds on 20 man raids- but we enjoyed being under one standard. Understand this is not QQ- this is pride. Pride in teamwork and achievement and progression. Not in just accomplishing a task. Our guild had been together since 2011. It still lurches along in Rift but barely. I moved some of our raiders to another game so we can still play together - we enjoy each other's company. No amount of random fills off a Discord channel can come close to that.
    Well said.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    Go be sad somewhere else, and eat your cookie.
    Also, a tad silly seeing your downvote Rift on Steam. How many hundred or thousand of hours did you play it after all? ;)

Maybe Solitaire works better for you.
    This guy dissing me wow. I'm playing this game since release buddy. Oh man I really love that guy.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    That's the thing. I think most people would agree that Prime likely isn't the cash cow. There's a lot of people playing it that were already patrons long before prime ever hit and they play it exactly because there's no relevant content to do on live so they play there until there is. Prime also has a significantly reduced store which means a ton of the convenience items were taken out and they tend not to have the same type of sales on there as they do on live which means it's probably not generating much if any revenue compared to the live store. This is especially true with the recent maelforge power pack with a 2mil+ loyalty incentive which is another system Prime lacks.
    Prime is dead, only 2 guilds trying to raid ID which is another failure, all I know only first boss down, Ituziel (first boss of fire wing) and Maklamos (first boss of earth wing) are hard to kill, PF wasn't able to get clear either and now they pushing SL in 2 weeks, total online on prime was 149 like a hour ago when I'm posting this and 67 of it is levelling people, rest is level 50 and most of them are afking on capitals, and it's been like this for last 3 months on prime I never see more than 200 onlines there at all, most people bought yearly pack on prime launch.

So Prime is big failure right now, we have been told if SL launch is smooth live will get "attention" and SL launch won't release raids directly which means raids will be delayed at least 2 weeks and considering failures happend on recent releases ROTP, ROS, ID and PF, SL T1 raids FT and EE will be having big issues, this raids even on SL launch had problems so I personally think SL launch will kill prime but knowing trion they will keep developing it, since its their ex"prime"ntal (typed it purposely) server with people paying to play for testing, this will add pepper and salt over dead body of the RIFT.

Whoever believes trion has enough manpower for this game to handle both live and prime with same team, is having 0 clue about managing teams and business, we have excluding engineers 5 devs (Salvatrix, DeadSimon, CaptainCursor, EPS and Avathar) while Din Othar looked like helping to RIFT we didn't hear from him, after Icarus' exit on june Dakkon also left on july so team size keep decreasing each day and there are rumours about after SL launch and planar disciples release some of known people who is working on RIFT will leave trion too but I will not disclose any names etc since this are rumours

It's so lovely to see people defending current state of the game too but recent dead of Brisesol the EU shard which is having max 40 to 50 people online (considering it's only french shard) is giving emergency signals for community too.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

BMX
    Rift Master

Evidently, bringing in devs is not on the radar at Trion at a time when the title that put Trion on the map is in dire need of talent. It's not to say that the current team is not up to task, it is to say that 5 peeps cannot perform the tasks assigned. It is all about proper manpower necessary to bring content to the forefront in Live.

With a team (of required number of members) dedicated to Live, we could actually see a delivery schedule that does not cause playerbase issues. If there is leadership, this would be resolved in the near term, if not then business as usual complete with empty promises and pipe dreams.
    And last but not least... What was an AAA MMO/RPG franchise that was thrown to the wind through gross dereliction of duty.

Frankly, Prime needs a dedicated team to deal with delivery and maintenance of the franchise.
    Prime should indeed be treated as it's own distinct franchise apart from Live without any form of connection to Live. The line of rubbish that Prime would not affect Live has been proven patently false on every level. Get the clique out of discord and on the job with a hard deadline and expectations of outcome of said tasks assigned. A call to leadership has been out for quite some time and now is the time to come to task.

We love this game but with the last year of zero effort, we are hemorrhaging players at an alarming rate that directly affects revenue stream.

Looking at the class guide section, it is unfortunately lacking the theory crafters that once loaded that section with quality guides. The falling off of class discussion offers further evidence of the above.

At what point will there be the quality of content and delivery on a reasonable and reliable schedule?

Planar disciples? Do these offer a new raid, new war front? For another discussion at another time, provided information is disclosed on this addition...
    Banned

Champion

Hartsman started this thing off w so much promise. Everything was perfect or close enough at launch. All the ups and downs could be excused as a game found its footing. But man, these last two to three years have been awful and no one involved should be let off the hook. A wonderful game has been run into the ground. I hope they sell the title off - Trion doesnt deserve a game like Rift anymore.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast