Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree310Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: LOL seriously.....Game not in maintenance mode??

I'm sharing the same thoughts with you guys but sadly Trion's dont want to listen us at all. We are like just trying to accomplish something impossible even if we try nothings happening. We are getting the same answers over and over again.

For me rift is like a dimension, artifact and puzzle game ( That things are content for trion )
    Even Rift Stuff is happy about this situation. I simply give up dont have faith about rift future. I dont even think we will see some kinda expansion in 2-3 years. Main focus heavily on prime.

You guys are just wasting your precious times and that makes me angry. I love this game but simply no one cares about our opinions at all.

What about streams its like a laugh show everyone is happy, everything is going fine. Not answering our questions and White Knights ! ( They are always happy )

They have a budget for re-releasing defiance game, When you look at the defiance stream at least 3 or 4 k peoples watching. Because the defiance team working on content and listening their players suggestions. What about rift hardly 300 peoples watching stream most of them joining for giveaways and such.

Rift is not a AAA game anymore and never be the same.
    Last edited by Omerr; 09-15-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Champion

I see the raiders on my team once a week for 45 minutes to clear BoS then not again for another week. They go back to the games they are actually playing.

I keep them clearing that, now old, content because in my opinion logging in to a game is 90% habit and once that habit is broken people disappear.

I don't know how much longer I can convince them to keep logging in because "T3 is soon guys, let's keep slogging along for a bit more".

I simply don't see how T3 isn't, and hasn't been a red alert - all hands on deck - we need this done - priority.

Cladari
    Guild Leader
    Dol Amroth - Deepwood
    Last edited by Cladari; 09-15-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Champion

We broke the habit clad. We were ahead of you guys on progression and had 2 teams clearing easily and one with a bit of a struggle for months. Late June we just got so tired of no real upgrades, the bugs, the lack of variety to the place and fights and the realization that nothing else was in the pipeline except maybe if we were lucky a return to GSB. Our guild which had been doing everything together for years is now a collection of people on discord and various texting threads. Now we try to hold it together until Pantheon comes out or maybe by some chance Trion gets their act together in between.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Shield of Telara

You are a Raider if you do any sort of Raid content not just end game raid. If you do Raid Rift you are a raider. If you do crafting rifts in a raid which most people do you are a raider. If you even join in a zone event to kill a boss with players you are a raider. If you join instant adventures in a raid you are a raider. If you do EZTD, LFR which many people usually do you are a raider...
    Right now all we have to go by is that the the transition to 64 bit caused more problems that made it tough for developers to work on content for the most part. Broken dev tools.. And that it is an on going problem with no definitive solutions.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 09-15-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    This year's theme has definitely been one of addressing QOL (Quality of Life) issues on Live, as Dev has explained in previous letters. That has been the case to date, as promised, and will continue.

We appreciate feedback and track it carefully. Development teams have the challenge of balancing personnel resources, player wishes (for many, many different playstyles) as well as the needs of the game progression and evolution. Games, like people, have a life cycle. Some might claim that I am in maintenance mode too, but I plan to carry on for another 30 years or so, albeit at a slower pace. =P

Every player will evaluate the fun and challenge of a game and will act accordingly. Stay, or explore another world instead. Repeatedly posting the same thing will not add to the quality of feedback for Dev.

Brasse
    I left this game months ago and I still cannot understand your lackadaisical attitude towards losing customers. You are the Director of Community Relations. You serve as a public representative of Trion Worlds. You continually mock the concerns of players with your sarcastic responses, while continuing to reassure players that you are perfectly fine with them leaving.

And guess what? They leave.

That shouldn't be okay. You should want people to play your game and not someone else's. You should be concerned that your players, some of whom have played since beta, are losing interest in the game. Yes, it happens. Yes, players losing interest is a common occurrence in MMOs. Players come and go. But you are the Director of Community Relations and yet your perpetual public stance is that Trion Worlds is okay with this. That Trion Worlds does not care if their players leave for other games and companies. Because Trion Worlds does not care about the individuals. When is the last time you went out of your way to make a player feel wanted? See, change happens by large-scale outcry, yes. But that large-scale outcry comes from the individuals. If you ignore the individuals, if you tell them they can leave, they will.

I'm not talking about Trion's development resources or time. I'm talking about your public approach. How you present Trion Worlds. Stop working against the players. Stop meeting every concern with a blanket excuse paired with a sarcastic comment. Stop dismissing legitimate concerns and most importantly, stop telling your customers they can leave.
    Last edited by Artewig; 09-16-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Soulwalker

100% truth from Artewig. Cheers.

Shadowlander

Default 10000000000 percent this...

I left this game months ago and I still cannot understand your lackadaisical attitude towards losing customers. You are the Director of Community Relations. You serve as a public representative of Trion Worlds. You continually mock the concerns of players with your sarcastic responses, while continuing to reassure players that you are perfectly fine with them leaving.

That shouldn't be okay. You should want people to play your game and not someone else's. You should be concerned that your players, some of whom have played since beta, are losing interest in the game. Yes, it happens. Yes, players losing interest is a common occurrence in MMOs. Players come and go. But you are the Director of Community Relations and yet your perpetual public stance is that Trion Worlds is okay with this. That Trion Worlds does not care if their players leave for other games and companies. Because Trion Worlds does not care about the individuals. When is the last time you went out of your way to make a player feel wanted? See, change happens by large-scale outcry, yes. But that large-scale outcry comes from the individuals. If you ignore the individuals, if you tell them they can leave, they will.

I'm not talking about Trion's development resources or time. I'm talking about your public approach. How you present Trion Worlds. Stop working against the players. Stop meeting every concern with a blanket excuse paired with a sarcastic comment. Stop dismissing legitimate concerns and most importantly, stop telling your customers they can leave.

Exactly this!!! Well said, I agree 1 million percent

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    aileen is really on the money. The fact that tools may break because of code refactoring for 64 bit does appear quite unprofessional. It suggests that development is run on a shoe string and Trion as a company is sparing very little resource for Rift Live.

To me personally a problem like that would need to be addressed pronto.
    I mean day 1, 9am, let's get this fixed right now before we do anything else.
    It's really not simple though, far from it. It has nothing to do professionalism. It's an incredibly complicated system that was not built with 64 bit in mind. When introduced to 64 bit integers, some of the behavior either changes from what it was doing before, or stops working entirely. When this happens, the designers don't know what is going on and they spend hours upon hours debugging their scripting to see what they did wrong. Eventually once they can't figure it out, they ask engineering to take a look. I spend some hours (or days depending on the issue) and realize it was from the implementation of 64 bit.

I submit the fix, design finds a different bug...repeat. It's not a matter of sitting down and going "ok, I'm going to fix this". It's a matter of designers sitting down and going "welp I can't work today because my tools are broken and the bugs have to be fixed as they are found".

It's a matter of people literally not being able to do their job because this is submitted. Once we are in a good spot where we have the time for people to have a more-loose deadline we can look at re-introducing this.

aileen is really on the money. The fact that tools may break because of code refactoring for 64 bit does appear quite unprofessional. It suggests that development is run on a shoe string and Trion as a company is sparing very little resource for Rift Live.
    So this is true for every nontrivial software project, and isn't a sign of anything to RIFT.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    So this is true for every nontrivial software project, and isn't a sign of anything to RIFT.

OMG that may be the best meme I've ever seen and so on the money.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

General of Telara

I am well aware of the issues with bugs and staring at code for hours on end trying to figure the problem only for something else to happen. I appreciate the pain.

The issue is very little to do just pure coding or "urgh why don't you just fix it" As Rough Raptors essentially alluded to the small team working at Rift doesnt have time or resources to try and integrate anything new, anything that might upset things. It is clear there isn't enough person power and whatever else to deal with what really needs to happen for Rift to somehow recover from the Abyss it finds itself in.

It always comes down to the same thing.

Perhaps myself and others that want Rift to realise it's potential are wasting our breaths - the live stream last night certainly seemed to suggest that. Maybe 9am day 1 already happened and the higher ups made the decision that Rift live just isn't worth it.

Champion

I am well aware of the issues with bugs and staring at code for hours on end trying to figure the problem only for something else to happen. I appreciate the pain.

The issue is very little to do just pure coding or "urgh why don't you just fix it" As Rough Raptors essentially alluded to the small team working at Rift doesnt have time or resources to try and integrate anything new, anything that might upset things. It is clear there isn't enough person power and whatever else to deal with what really needs to happen for Rift to somehow recover from the Abyss it finds itself in.

It always comes down to the same thing.

Perhaps myself and others that want Rift to realise it's potential are wasting our breaths - the live stream last night certainly seemed to suggest that. Maybe 9am day 1 already happened and the higher ups made the decision that Rift live just isn't worth it.
    Yep they will grind whatever cash they can from Prime since a small team can work on it, copy over whatever they can to live to give the illusion of work on it, and then act surprised when people say the cupboard is bare.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Telaran

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Oliverclothesoff View Post

Exactly this!!! Well said, I agree 1 million percent
    Well stated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post

Well, the thing they described on streams is exactly like this, they solved 64-bit issues for server-side and client which means, it's ready to use if their development tools were able to handle change which means "huge" project needs to update their development tools and change data-type used for units. The hardest part was handling calculations on server-side according to them and had issues which they claimed fixed.

So I really don't know but it's not about bugs or something just not updating tools for designers use... I worked huge projects too and still working and it feels like they just not having enough resources for this, when you have 1 or 2 engineer working on the such "huge" project it's no more huge project.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Default this thread is very crucial to the future of this game, do not tamper with it.

So, I've read through this entire thread and you guys know me I'm bipolar when it comes to this game/forum and can you blame me? I mean some days I'm all for it and the devs and other days I'm looking around for another game.

I think that I try to see both sides of things, always have. I try to see from all point of views because the only way to fully understand is to stand in the middle and look around you.

You guys know I have posted many upbeat and downer threads, but this is due to how I am responding to the game. It is that roller coaster of up and down.

I'm not gonna write a wall of text here, I'm gonna keep it simple and short. First of all I am standing in the middle and I see the dev's trying and I see the players trying, However the dev team needs to appreciate what is being offered here, because it comes down to us the players, we are here to get a break from this everyday life. I know that most of you devs signed up to this job for the same reasons. So,this is MAJOR on both parties here. I do not put blame on anyone, because just like life we are always learning and growing from past mistakes. The major thing here is HONESTY and we the players deserve that. If you are struggling be honest about it because I'm gonna tell you right now that most of us would understand and ya know what, even give you more money to help you guys out.

I love this game, I've been here for almost 5 years now and my journey here I feel is not quite over. I told my guildmate that I never beat this game to my standards, I haven't come even close. I told him I beat many other mmo's because I had set goals that once I achieved them or they happened I moved on. I have not moved on from Rift because to me there is still so much I have not seen or experienced. Seriously , I have been here for five years and am still figuring out the game, that to me speaks volumes.

Like wow for example, I knew every nic and cranny and everything in between. Also I landed the Grand Marshal in pvp. To me I beat the game in my own personal way.But I have yet to beat anything here in Rift, even dimensions which I love. I just feel like this game needs more attention to the players and also HONEST communication. I'm telling you that honesty is still and always will be the best policy for any company or human for that matter. You delete karma when you are honest.

<3 I will always take the years I've played this game to my grave regardless.
    Last edited by MissGreen; 09-15-2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: beet to beat, I don't eat beets...yuck
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast