+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The case for Zone Automentoring

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    At the moment, acheivements and CTA invasions/footholds are some of the only, if not the only, things that reward anything to unmentored. Not rewarding is not enough of a deterrent. We need to lock this down with preventing damage from anyone who is too high of level, not just somewhat, 100% damage nerf.

Any players under level 70/without an eternal do get Planar Equity when fighting bosses/Hellbug footholds and it seems to really slow them down, but 70s (and I assume the eternal procs are a large part of this) easily still nuke despite Equity. This is why we cannot have a even 1% of damage go through. Something is seriously bugged on Equity.

The problems with this is that in timezones other than the major prime times such as USA prime time there is maybe only 2 or 3 people at most doing these events. If you force mentoring or 0% unmentored damage then people such as myself that play at those times are effectively locked out of doing CTA (or any other type of World) events simply because 1-3 people cannot do a zone at level.

Trion needs to address the frequency of these events. Then you wouldn't get so many fighting to get completion of quests. I was on during USA prime time a couple of days ago and there was no Hellbug event for almost 2 hours. In the end some-one with the lure popped them on all shards.

Rift Master

I'm firmly against auto mentoring. One of the joys for me in MMOs is that leveling & gearing brings an increase in power. I like being able to run through zones that used to kick my butt. With auto mentoring will I now have every scrubby two bit NPC trying to tear me off my mount again & waste my time having to clear "trash" before I can remount again to continue? This is not fun. I play these games to have fun, not to get frustrated.

This is an example of firing a cannon to try and hit a sparrow. If the problem is level 70s one-shotting event bosses just give them a debuff that sets your damage to 0 if the boss is not "within exp range" for you. Problem solved without pissing off a large amount of your customers. Alternatively, give event bosses an aura around them (40m or so). Any player in that aura will be auto mentored. Kinda like how NMRs work.

Rift Disciple

DING! "Congratulations! Your level has increased from 52 to 52."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hellishly View Post
    Your comment about demounting and lower mount speed when trying to gather low level mats or do Unstable Artifact events shows you don't do these things. Yes it does make a difference. It soon gets frustrating to have to fight your way through everything just to get a node or an artifact.
    You really shouldn't make those assumptions. In fact I have collected every single unstable artifact. I just disagree with you. Lower mount speed is clearly noticable, but you only lose the PA bonuses below level 50. You keep 160% bonus from mount etc. And mobs can often be avoided.
    Last edited by Dico; 09-13-2018 at 05:10 AM.

If I was auto-mentored to old zones I would cry and definitely quite the game. It would make going through past content and achievements take far too long (I started late).

I think they took the right stance on this, future content will be scaled, past content won't.

If you have issues with invasions etc. then fix that issue in some other way. Possibly scale level/add a debuff to high levels when approaching rifts/bosses/invasions if doable (seemed to work with Volan). More work, but that's not my problem.
    Last edited by Refuge; 09-14-2018 at 04:05 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2