+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planar Disciples (Spoilers)

Default Planar Disciples (Spoilers)

I know there's been some groaning about Planar Disciples being even a thing (as well as what it may imply about how Trion is both treating their older content and how they may treat their future content), but there's some interesting things lately.

-They have wardrobe. I really like this, and it will make RIFT have some of the most companion customization in the genre. Even SWTOR scaled back on that to an extent before gradually returning the wardrobe functionality to newer companions. You just know things can and will get crazy in RIFT's version. And in a sense, I wonder if it brings some RP ("This is my twin, Maelodtwo, say hi Maelodtwo.").

-They seem to be getting their own progression system, as opposed to a basic level-matched scaling that 'pet companions' have. The good is that class-based pet companions may still have their use, or especially might be the only ones allowed in group instances for balancing sake, but we also will have an option to progress our disciple to the point that they provide that extra umph for certain content that its always going to be really hard to find a PC helper for (like EI/Dendrome/etc activities...).

-A mention lately of 'Planar Dungeons' (caps perhaps not necessary). Will these be unique things specifically for the disciples system somehow? Or will they be basically 5-man dungeons that roll into a larger content update that introduces the disciples to us? Or will they have versions for both, acting as both new chronicles (more story focus) and a more combat-centric dungeon? I dare not get my hopes up for 6 of them to represent each plane, but it'd be nice if that's Trion's plan for the next several months before later 2019.

Just the words of a casual that doesn't even play recent content, but felt intrigued by this news.

Whatever we like or don't like about this, we have confirmation of new content coming. Its just that there's still the whole niggling matters of 'no unique new raid officially announced', 'no major expansion happening this year', and 'where dat fragment update'.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 09-07-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Im very excited for Planar disciples , sounds fun and it is NEW content.
    Also the new tok looks awesome and different from Tok 1

Sounds interesting for sure, we'll see what it actually is... When SFP was announced, Fragments sounded cool and convenient, like a QoL for both players and devs... apparently they turned out none for neither... not very unlike Legendary Skills... so I'll be happy if only this ben't just one more clogged up system that detracts from playing and then can't be fixed or balanced because it be "too convoluted."
    Xarhuli@Greybriar

I already accept that PD will be grindy.

But yes, I don't want it to be otherwise a mess.

Plane Walker

I'm sort of meh on the whole thing. I'd rather have more raids, fun zone events like Volan, Outdoor weekly raid bosses, chronicles, etc.

Feels a bit like fluff when what we need is content.
    Last edited by Skiye; 09-11-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane.
    Stabbytha@wolfsbane
    Gunsho@wolfsbane
    Stelatrix@wolfsbane
    Skye@Vigil

Plane Walker

if it's anything like dungeons and dragons online's version of hirelings/mercenaries (with tons of trials and errors to get it right of course) this could be a casual player's wish come true.

why wait for your friends to come online? get some hired npc's add them to your party for specific dungeons/adventures what not and just attempt it yourself :P

for chronicles/ attempts at oldschool hardmode dungeons etc this would be fun.( also still keeping in mind it will take a ton of trial and error to get this right but it will be a good addition at some point !)

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I'm sort of meh on the whole thing. I'd rather have more raids, fun zone events like Volan, Outdoor weekly raid bosses, chronicles, etc.

Feels a bit like fluff when what we need is content.
    Just throwing this out there, that having me work on this is not going to have an effect on the raids/events/etc. I primarily build new systems, not create new content. With that said, there's still no timeline available for the feature, and if I said anymore I would probably be drowned in a pool of juice or sriracha or trapped in tub of burritos until i eat them all to escape (which sounds both terrifying and awesome at the same time)...or something like that.
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 09-11-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    if I said anymore I would probably be drowned in a pool of juice or sriracha or trapped in tub of burritos until i eat them all to escape (which sounds both terrifying and awesome at the same time)...or something like that.
    Those sound like very specific forms of punishment like your life has been threatened before in such ways. D:

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

General of Telara

New systems RoughRaptors could be working on could be a master mode dungeon system for players similar to mythic plus in wow. Probably a lot more value in that than an npc buddy to stand next to you while you afk in TB

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    New systems RoughRaptors could be working on could be a master mode dungeon system for players similar to mythic plus in wow. Probably a lot more value in that than an npc buddy to stand next to you while you afk in TB
    The system for Master Modes already exists just hasn't been utilised since vanilla. It's a matter of designers putting their effort towards it. I'm still waiting for Chalmer's Caldera Master Mode! >.<

I'm with everyone else on this. This seems like another gimmick that's a huge waste of time same as Prime. Why not use the same resources to fix what we already have and focus on new content. I would much rather a new raid even if it's an Intrepid! GA, PF, ID, etc!
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

General of Telara

Create features for players to do together not features for players to do alone with an NPC.

This is an MMO.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Just throwing this out there, that having me work on this is not going to have an effect on the raids/events/etc. I primarily build new systems, not create new content.
    Can you tell us who is working on new content for Rift Live at Trion ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    The system for Master Modes already exists just hasn't been utilised since vanilla. It's a matter of designers putting their effort towards it. I'm still waiting for Chalmer's Caldera Master Mode! >.<

I'm with everyone else on this. This seems like another gimmick that's a huge waste of time same as Prime. Why not use the same resources to fix what we already have and focus on new content. I would much rather a new raid even if it's an Intrepid! GA, PF, ID, etc!
    A lot of Rift's players are what you would call casuals. They do fluff. So no, you are not with everyone else on this, you are with the louder crew that demand raids because you can never have enough raids to satisfy a raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Create features for players to do together not features for players to do alone with an NPC.

This is an MMO.

There was an interesting discussion in CrossEvents yesterday about playing solo. Almost everyone said they play solo over 80% of the time, only doing group stuff such as raids, dungeons and crifts.

And by the way MMO does not mean play together literally. It means multiple players online playing the same game at the same time in a persistent world. Playing in a group with others is not a pre-requisite.

General of Telara

I can understand the argument of raiders wanting more and more I really do but it isn't valid here. The game is bereft of any content at all. It is not like we have stuff to do and are complaining like spoilt brats. We don't have anything to do and haven't done for months.

If Trion wishes to come out and say that the focus of Rift is fluff activities and is effectively a solo game with optional co-op then fine. Until they do that, Rift is still a PvE focused game and therefore requires PvE content for players to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast