• 2 Post By ConcreteDonkies
  • 5 Post By aileen
  • 1 Post By Lokken`
  • 5 Post By Balidin
  • 1 Post By AtoningUnifex
  • 5 Post By dundare

Thread: 9/7/2018 Stream Notes (Short)

Default 9/7/2018 Stream Notes (Short)

As always. everything listed is subject to change!

This stream was mostly Dead Simon showing off a little bit of his new puzzle dungeon, but it was stated it's nowhere near close to being put on PTS let alone finished as it's being done in his spare time. Be sure to watch the recap if you specifically want to see that: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/307106439

Side Note: Brasse is acting CM again as Yaviey has moved onto Bandai namco to pursue new opportunities

Puzzle Dungeon Mount Reward (Concept)

New Raid

No reply so I asked:

@TrionWorlds Mugsy mentioned a new raid being worked on, but didn't clarify if he was referring to IGSB or an actual new raid besides that. Can you confirm?
    Brasse stated that she would gather and confirm information in regard to any new raids and answer me on the forum.

Planar Disciples
    Simon didn't want to give away too much, but here's what has been confirmed:

- Planar Desciples are like "Uber pets" and we're doing things we promised the
    artists/engineers we'd **never** do (for technical reasons)

- You will be able to use wardrobe on them and you can either make yourself a partner to level with or a doppleganger of yourself.

- You will be able to go off and do "all of the regular stuff with them" to level them up (no confirmation if that means dungeons/raids though doesn't seem likely), but they also wanted to release more specific content alongside them which will include "a bunch" of planar dungeons.

- 2 new dimensions coming. Not related to Disciples above.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 09-07-2018 at 11:50 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Thanks Holy
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I think I speak for a large segment of the community when I ask this. Why on Earth is time being pumped into a puzzle dungeon and a pet system when the game is desperately starved for content?

The last raid came out a year ago (and to be honest, it was a pretty paltry one). The last dungeons came out two years ago. Fortress sieges, which were planned to be the cornerstone of world content for this expansion have been entirely abandoned. The game is in an embarrassingly bare state. The fact that every conceivable ounce of every conceivable resource isn't being pumped into content creation is just silly at this point.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteDonkies View Post
    I think I speak for a large segment of the community when I ask this. Why on Earth is time being pumped into a puzzle dungeon and a pet system when the game is desperately starved for content?
    Clowd has confirmed that most of what's going on with Disciples is on the engineering side right now, not content design so none of that time is really being taken up in the first place. The puzzle dungeons as I noted was being done in Simon's free time.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Clowd has confirmed that most of what's going on with Disciples is on the engineering side right now, not content design so none of that time is really being taken up in the first place. The puzzle dungeons as I noted was being done in Simon's free time.
    In response to your point about engineering, I would like to point out that the reason cited for the long delay in the release of IGSB was issues relating to health pools being limited by 32-bit signed integers. I would suggest that putting time into addressing that is more urgent of a priority as it delays this iteration of content and all that might follow it. I would also suggest that it is highly unlikely that engineering is doing this project without any collaboration with content designers.

In response to the puzzle dungeon argument presented, I would like to beg a point of clarification. Does the term "free time" refer to what Simon is doing outside of work? Or does it refer to time that at work that is just not expressly allocated? If it is the former case, then I would be more than willing to concede the point.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Sad to see Yaviey leaving, when she joined to Trion some stuff changed even thou this stuff getting slow attention later, she was still doing okay and considering job amount on her shoulders here, she tried her best, sadly she left yesterday looks like she got better offer or opportunity while she was working till last second. Now Brasse needs to manage Archeage, Defiance, Trove, Atlas Reactor and RIFT, ain't it feeling lovely?

Stuff mentioned not satisfyingly good for live considering current state and expectations of players.

On the other hand looks like Salvatrix is actually Lead Designer for RIFT since 4.4, that's good news since game didn't have anyone on this position for months and I know Salvatrix can handle this more than anyone else on the universe when it's about the RIFT.
    Last edited by aileen; 09-07-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The puzzle dungeons as I noted was being done in Simon's free time.
    What is he working on during his normal hours ? Is it still Rift ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    What is he working on during his normal hours ? Is it still Rift ?
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/307106439?t=14m11s

"Between time"

General of Telara

Who IS working on content? Who IS working on the stuff that players are asking for?

What engineering work could be being undetaken rather than wasting time on NPC buddies? Many systems require updates, why not work on them?

Why is this desciple stuff being worked on AT ALL over new world content / dungeons / quest lines etc etc?

As I said on Discord yesterday, I don't need an npc buddy to stand next to me while I afk in TB.

This perhaps is the most important point. Why is Trion designing a system where you, the player in an MMO (massively multiplayer....) play with an NPC. Why is Trion not creating content for groups of Players (real people you can talk to), you know, in this MMO (Massively Multiplayer....)

General of Telara

Yes and thanks for putting up the notes.

Thank you for keeping us all posted Holyroller

I was on their youtube channel to watch the livestream as they usually upload it shortly after and I can't seem to find it. Is is still available to watch on their live stream channel?

Thank you

Edit- nvm I see it now, lol thank you! I just hate watching twitch recaps because they never play smoothly like on youtube.

Sad to see Yaivey go as well, good luck on your journey forth!

Also I would like to know what "free time" means for Simon
    Last edited by MissGreen; 09-07-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

A big thank you as always to Holyroller for pulling these notes together. I missed most of the steam as it happens when I am putting my son to bed but will watch it later tonight to see the pictures that are being discussed elsewhere.

Also, farewell Yaviey, may you have all the joy and fun that a new role brings.

TBH though I am always excited to see Simon on stream, this time I feel like he was maybe asked politely to come on and throw us a bone while Archonix et al try to work out what to say to us all.

But as long as its a shiny and fiendish bone then I will still be happy.

Just want MORE content please, what are my patron pounds being spent on now - is it simply salary maintenance or is there something amazing on the Horizon...rift will be 8 before long and Archonix mentioned around the 5/6 and 7 year mark that they see no reason why it could not make double figures...I guess that is up to them now as to whether it is still the case that this AAA MMORPG can make it to a ten year celebration....oh wouldn't that be nice!
    Last edited by AtoningUnifex; 09-07-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: fixed "bug" to "big"

Shadowlander

Here is also a dev overlook of the new puzzle dungeon:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/GoldenSuavePterodactylTheThing

Probably worth remembering that the puzzle dungeon is "bonus" content that Simon has been working on any time he has a free period from main work items.

We should still be expecting to see other NEW content on Live, they are working on this somewhere in amongst the tidy up work so as soon as the tidy up is done (which given post by Slavatrix about PTS changes) may be soon...

Puzzle dungeon looks amazing but may not be enough to keep people invested in game to the level that TRION may require in order for Rift to be viable.

I have not yet completed all the puzzles for Storm Legion, Calweddi or Toks yet so would want to do them before I did the new dungeon for instance.

Players are asking daily for some kind of update on the bigger picture, we were told that there would be formal update after Gamescom,

We are now in September 2018 and last significant content update was in October 2017(may have been November?). I think I echo many of the community when I ask again for some formal communication from the team on what we should expect as risk to viability increases with every week that passes without either content update or a communication about the content to expect.

And I do understand the need for the tidy up that has been happening, I suspect that the ever changing team for Rift has simply hindered the progress on everything, but that's not the fault of the players, that's for the management at TRION to resolve in the most appropriate manner
    e.g How many of the defiance/trove/atlas/archeage team for example have existing experience on Rift, perhaps utilise some of their time, even if only for a day per week each as that may help move things along for what is after all the flagship title for TRION..well now its trove of course but you know what i mean
    Last edited by AtoningUnifex; 09-09-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Champion

If they had people working on dungeons, you think they would be released steadily or in dribs and drabs. They would need to be tested, they could share the artwork. There would be some buzz.

The same is true of raids.

My best sense of it is they have to small a team for even one good game and just move people from project to project across all their games. 3 months nothing for Rift while they work on Defiance etc and on and on.

It is a recipe for disaster and their silence is telling.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

+ Reply to Thread