Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Holyroller12
  • 3 Post By Pints
  • 1 Post By Skiye
  • 1 Post By simpa1988
  • 1 Post By Clowd
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By TrionBrasse

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 09/07: Simon Sez - Questions

Default RIFTstream 09/07: Simon Sez - Questions

I've been saving these questions pertaining to the information we got from the Gamescom interview a few weeks ago, but the Dev hosted streams have been pushed back just as many weeks so I'm just going to post them here for any and all Devs to see and hopefully answer. I don't expect Dead simon to, but just titling it as though they would be answered.

Intrepid: Greenscale's Blight

On the subject of balances changes, will these go through to live in time for IGSB if enough people test and give feedback? The changes are always good to get after we've been waiting and asking for them for a very long time, but we all hope that you'll keep the IGSB tuning in line with the changes that go out before the raid hits so that we don't run into another BoS situation where people can't clear the raid due to those changes.

Will we be getting new armor set graphics for IGSB or will those also be recycled from the vanilla and or Bindings of Bloods sets?

Will IGSB be dropping accessories and capes this time since there's quite a bit of trash this time around around or should we expect to see those from a new set of boxes similar to the BoS ones? Capes more specifically just from the raid itself rather than trash packs.

What's the new hit requirement going to be? and will there be alternatives to crafted ranged weapons before IGSB comes out in order to help people get caught up? There's quite a few people who opted out of upgrading those due to the amount of extra grinding required and the price for the amount of Celestial matrixes you need. Gating people over crafted gear will not get things off to a good start, not that IGSB is already.

Other

It was mentioned that the next set of balance changes would be hitting PTS in September. Will this be a continuation of warrior focused changes or will it be some warrior and then the rest of the classes also getting their changes?

Will the toybox be a separate bag on each character or will the toybox be a collection of fluff items that's then account bound similar to PA so that all of your characters have access to them?

Edit:
    When (roughly) will we start hearing more details about what this new disciple system is going to be or can you at least tell us in a hot or cold fashion as to whether or not any of the speculation thus far is even remotely close? Answered

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Planar Disciples
    Simon didn't want to give away too much, but here's what has been confirmed:

- Planar Desciples are like "Uber pets" and we're doing things we promised the
    artists/engineers we'd **never** do (for technical reasons)

- You will be able to use wardrobe on them and you can either make yourself a partner to level with or a doppleganger of yourself.

- You will be able to go off and do "all of the regular stuff with them" to level them up (no confirmation if that means dungeons/raids though doesn't seem likely), but they also wanted to release more specific content alongside them which will include "a bunch" of planar dungeons
    Will the toybox be a separate bag on each character or will the toybox be a collection of fluff items that's then account bound similar to PA so that all of your characters have access to them?
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 09-07-2018 at 11:55 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Shadowlander

Sooo,

How about those fragments?

When will some of the Bastion of Steel changes on PTS finally make it to live?
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

Default Questions

Toks2
    • Does D.S. Love us enough to make us not suffer with Toks2 (chapter 7 doesn't love me). Super excited about this, can we have a sneak preview of it?(screenshots?)

Fragments
    • Will there be another cost reduction?
    • We all want the fragments to have less rng, and it being more focused towards stats we actually need? any update in that regard?

T2 Raid
    • Will T2 weapons be introduced in store? For warriors atm having 2 x 1-handed weapons (eternal 1h + RaidTier1 Tartaric Depths 1h), is better than the final upgraded warrior 2h-eternal
    T3 Raid -IGSB
    • Will there be new currency and if so, will the cost of T2 items be further reduced?

PTO
    • How was the break? What did you guys get up to? Any fun stories

Twisted artifacts in new zones ?
    Any new rewards to buy with lucky coins ?

5-man dungeons
    1. Any plans for new 5-man dungeons?
    2. Any plans to add additional rewards to 5-man dungeons?
    3. Has the team considered something similar to WoW's Mythic+ to extend the longevity and rewards for 5-man dungeons?
    4. Any plans to add additional rewards for non-premades to queue up for Normal dungeons?

Rift Store
    1. The latest Power Pack is being received quite well, will future power packs continue to have some high value bonus for a $20-$30 price?
    2. There was word a while back about a revamp for the Rift Store. While some talk has circulated that Dimensions will see some tweaks soon(tm), is progress being made towards updating the rest of the store?
    3. Does the team find that items/packs sold for cash sell better and more consistently than items/packs sold for credits?
    4. Any plans to lower credit costs on things such as minion slots, role slots, wardrobe slots, or dye costs?
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    When will some of the Bastion of Steel changes on PTS finally make it to live?
    According to Avathar, it's going in next week, barring at last minute delays as per usual.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

RIFT Fan Site Operator

So if we are hypothetically asking hypothetical questions for a stream my questions are:

Whats happening with the Trion Creator Program now Mobi is gone - is it really that successful?

I measure it based off Twitch views which seems to be the main target market. ArcheAge is doing ok always increases at major patches like Trove, Defiance is better which is great since 2050. Rift hasn't changed.

Hows Rift Prime being looked at these days? Are Devs happy with its progress?

Look forward to updates on Prime knowing SL is slated for Autumn.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-07-2018 at 10:40 AM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I didn't start a question thread for this stream because we don't have all the Devs back in office yet. =)

The Trion Creator Program will carry on, it's just going to take some time for us to rearrange personnel, responsibilities and time. We have several hundred members in the program, and we are grateful to every one for showing our games to others.

I was really happy that DeadSimon showed off so much of the new puzzle dungeon to us - WAY more than I had hoped for when he agreed to do the stream at the very last minute.
    Closing this thread now, please save your questions for next stream, which I'll post on Wednesday, along with the official question thread. =P

Brasse

Closed Thread