+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are mystery boxes still accessible, or replaced by single item buys?

Default Are mystery boxes still accessible, or replaced by single item buys?

I wouldn't normally ask such a question considering the stigma on mystery boxes.. But once in a while they can come into some use. For example, I'm about 100 data grams short this week from buying a Storm Cell (unluckiest storm cell looter EU) and I might dish out a little just to peak it over 5000.

I can't seem to find any boxes on the shop. I think they're usually under the "premium" tab, that seems to have been replaced by the "Dog Days" event. None accessible atm? Seems an odd choice? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    Last edited by Refuge; 08-24-2018 at 07:34 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

What boxes are you talking about, and what category?
    Are you talking about the boxes with VP equipment?
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

There's a lockbox section on the store. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5362617

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

that section does not exist for me? does it for you?

I'm referring to mount boxes
    Fwob - Zaviel

Oh weird, it does for me, but my mistake anyway. The only 2 lockboxes are in the section I mentioned above. It's the fae yule bagling lockbox and the harvest levitation which patrons still currently get from their weekly box. The section is there for me and the thread I linked was just asking why lockboxes were there in the first place still if they're phasing them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I think at this point they're just left over until the store cleanup takes place at which point they'll likely just end up removing them from the store. I think if they introduce anymore lockboxes in the future, it'll probably be limited to the patron weekly box so there's still additional incentive there.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Well since the dog event ended I can now see this section. Pretty weird it was not always accessible. Shame as I missed the opportunity to buy a storm cell last week, bit bitter about that!

I didn't realise they were completely phasing them out. Wouldn't that be a shame considering they spent so much effort on the UI for these? I think there's some sort of place for them, but also appreciate them putting mounts on single buys.
    Last edited by Refuge; 08-29-2018 at 12:58 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

I don't think they'll be phased out completely. They'll probably rotate one for patron at the very least and dimension lockboxes will probably still exist. I think as long as they don't put any mounts into them or gate holiday wardrobe items behind them like they did with autumn harvest last year.

+ Reply to Thread