+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: There goes the N. American Servers... CRASHED

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I will post updates in this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...stigating.html

Currently four shards are spinning back up, looks promising.

And thank you for the invite to Oz, but you folks have cray dangerous beasties down there!
    Brasse

Seastone, Deepwood and Faeblight are up. Can't verify if they are playable though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    It does take folks some time to get into office on weekends, but our Network Ops folks are on 24/7 so they're already looking into it.
    Thanks for the update, but "time to get into the office"? I'm a bit shocked that a company making online games can't do these kind of fixes remotely. The service I manage for my day job serves academics around the world hosted from an on-campus data center. Since we're in academia, we have a limited budget, but even some Dell DRACs make even the most extreme remote maintenance (I.e. server reboots) very affordable. We have our servers built and configured via Ansible so we can spin up the same exact configuration in our data center or a remote one (such as AWS), while keeping all configurations under version control.

I appreciate Trion isn't made of money, but a few smart and affordable investments might make your networking and devops teams a lot happier!
    Last edited by FlipperPA; 08-12-2018 at 10:22 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

Many things can be done remotely. Some things cannot. I am not an engineer myself, but I do know that everything works faster and better when in office. It is easy to second guess a company's software infrastructure when one is unfamiliar with it. I yell at Mucrosoft all the time, myself!

Amary and I are at our homes, because what we need to do can be done off site. In pajamas, with doggoes at our feet. =)

I can attest that Deepwood, Faeblight and Seastone are all playable right now.
    As Seastone is the best stone (so they say), this may be a good day to get our PvP on while we wait!

Brasse

Wink

Hellishly[/QUOTE]
    Come live in Australia. It's already Monday, so you don't have to feel bad about losing Sunday

Brasse[/QUOTE]
    And thank you for the invite to Oz, but you folks have cray dangerous beasties down there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails There goes the N. American Servers... CRASHED-brasse.jpg  
    Last edited by GipsyatHaiLOL; 08-12-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Soulwalker

I guess this explains why my quest npc was 2 minutes late, made a strange noise then left after only 2 seconds & never came back, then i crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrphilly727 View Post
    I guess this explains why my quest npc was 2 minutes late, made a strange noise then left after only 2 seconds & never came back, then i crashed.
    Why does this sound like a tragic lovestory to me? XD

Still down :'(

All is up (was already up quite fast after the crash) except for Hailol and Laethys...they are down since the crash ,still not up

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25

Righto, looks like everything is back online. We're going to keep an eye on it!
    Brasse

Soulwalker

Default Poor things..

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Righto, looks like everything is back online. We're going to keep an eye on it!
    Brasse
    You guys have REALLY got to remember to feed those poor lil hamsters! They are workin their butts off keeping the servers going.. someone forgets to hand them a carrot this is what happens.. Fire the hamster feeder.. he/she failed!

Cant shard hop to deepwood.

Yep, I can't switch to deepwood shard even though it is my 'native' shard.

Seems both my toons where deleted somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubarb View Post
    Seems both my toons where deleted somehow?
    Sent a ticket waited and waited, sorted it myself by accident by not making a new toon but going back and selecting my home shard.

Hope this helps anyone else effected.

I will keep my ticket open just to see how fast ( or rather slowly) I get an answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast