+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Gamescom 2018

Default Gamescom 2018

So as you know guys Trion is joining gamescom this year. I just wanna ask you guys what you are expecting or what we have to expect from Rift team ?

and last 11 days for Gamescom. Actually I'm kinda excited Idk why. I hope we can see like new expansion, dungeon or raid. Content at least.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Last Dawn

Would be nice to announce something big , but not very sure

King of Slackers

They will have a booth in the business/press area (special ticket needed) like last year.
    Soulghost and I will meet Amary & Salvatrix for an interview on thursday 23.08.
    Last edited by keepor; 08-10-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Prophet of Telara

I expect very little or even nothing for Rift Live (in terms of actual new content).
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Champion

My guess is they'll probably show off some fluff items for the rift store and the new puzzle dungeon Dead Simon has hinted at.

In terms of content that the overwhelming majority of players have been begging for, new raids and a new zone. I doubt it, but I'd love to be wrong.

General of Telara

I doubt it will be anything to do with Rift. Most likely announcing some new Project or new Trove content as that appears to be their premier title at this point.
    Last edited by Balidin; 08-10-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I doubt it will be anything to do with Rift. Most likely announcing some new Project or new Trove content as that appears to be their premier title at this point.
    Amary & Salvatrix will be there so if they are gonna promote some other game than Rift then it would prove that Trion has completely abandoned Rift.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

General of Telara

We haven't seen or heard from Amary in a long time. We haven't seen any of the 3 large content updates she talked about on stream either. It looks like those plans were quietly discarded and she has moved to another team. Perhaps Salvatrix will mostly be talking about Prime I guess.

I don't say these things to be a downer. It's just the reality of the situation. The last actual content added to the game was a 3 boss raid last year. There has been no new PvE content added to Rift in 2018, isn't that insane? No dungeons, no zones, no raids, no epic quest lines.... nothing. There has actually been more PvP content in the form of a new warfront this year. Isn't that mad.

This is why I stopped subbing after 7 YEARS of support for this game.

Damn that turned into a bit of a rant.... : /
    Last edited by Balidin; 08-10-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Damn that turned into a bit of a rant.... : /
    I'm actually surprised that not many ppl are ranting. I guess ppl just don't care anymore and the vast majority of those that cared just left Rift.

All we get is fluff. Mounts, dim items, etc, live streams about fluff.

I know that some ppl like that but I'd really like to know if that is the only direction Rift Live will be heading now. So I can move on.

I'd be surprised if Amary and Archonix were still working full time on Rift.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 08-10-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    I'm actually surprised that not many ppl are ranting. I guess ppl just don't care anymore and the vast majority of those that cared just left Rift.
    And others just stick around to play casually for the group lulz, events etc., because there is nothing else out there worth playing.
    I play a score of different single players games, or small group based games. MMO's being the only thing to play burned me out ages ago, and hardly any MMO can keep up with that amount of content anyway..
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

WoW months are trough RIFT.

A few months after WoW months are peak RIFT.

Obviously super relatively speaking.

Keep your eyes open for Oct-Nov. No not necessarily a RIFT expansion, but who knows. I do find than when Trion is stuck doing fluff news, more often than not its because they're actually deep into heavier content creation and 1) Can't even pull devs away for an hour or two, 2) Can't give proper info yet until they have things set up for trailers, livestreams, and mostly confirm-able information. Of course it could be the opposite and this is all they have to talk about ever, but I'm going off the history.

EDIT: This isn't a hardset rule. Nightmare Tide happened Oct 2014, Warlords of Draenor Nov 2014. But point is, there are busier times and they're rarely summer/earlier summer, but rather fall/later summer.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 08-10-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post

All we get is fluff. Mounts, dim items, etc, live streams about fluff.
    There was a little more than that but we are not allowed to discuss closed/removed threads. On the other hand one statement from a while back still stands: Rift Prime being nothing more than a ruse to siphon Rift money into Trion's other projects seeing that Rift is to be written off. It would not be the first time Trion pulled a funny on Rift players.

Seeing the overall layoffs (15 people+), 'restructuring' of other personell, and all the other complications of the last year one can say that people believing in Rift as game with a future are either blind or on Trion's payroll.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    They will have a booth in the business/press area (special ticket needed) like last year.
    Soulghost and I will meet Amary & Salvatrix for an interview on thursday 23.08.
    i thought your video was the newish content until i realised it was guild stuff lol man thats a pretty good video !

Why not even one announcement that Trion/RIFT will be at Gamescom ?
    Hope that doesn't mean that we won't learn something new.

I suspect any announcements about Trion taking anything rift related to Gamescom would be made on twitter or facebook first and then the main game forum would be updated to contain the news....possibly only the day before the event itself which is something I have complained about consistently since this became the modus operandi.

I have always maintained that any game related news should always be on the forums and can then go to other third party operated sites as well but should be on the thing that is under Trion's direct control first - we are the people that have paid for them to do all the things they now do, well us and the venture capital folks, so treat us like shareholders and not mushrooms (there is a joke in there about being kept in the dark will leave it up to you all to work it out).

Sorry, rant over on that one!
    UPDATED: I have went and looked through the streams again!

Fayme, as part of TRion Creators programme, did a livestream on Friday and Yaviey was on this.
    The following are all lifted from chat in Infaymes stream which you can check out here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/298522542

These are posts in chat from Yaviey following questions in chat - Fayme if you are not okay with me posting this here then let me know and I can pull out this quick summary.

Various questions about live content at gamescom:

13:40 Yaviey:we won't have any news for Live until after Gamescom

Some questions asked about any streams for rift at gamescom:

14:43 Yaviey:sadly no gamescom stream

Asked if at least some kind of update from gamescom coming - series of linked questions from multiple sources:

17:33 Yaviey:@AtoningUnifex definitely understood and we had hoped we could but the setup that we're going to be at won't allow it
    17:41 Yaviey:there will be a video coming out but it's produced
    17:52 Yaviey:the livestream will have to be once the team gets back from the Germany
    18:09 Yaviey:@fearhoirai for sure but we have to do things in a PR-way
    18:26 Yaviey:so I hope we can share official news soon
    46:25 Yaviey:aye the next regular RIFTstream we'll do is after the team is back from Gamescom

I asked if Rift devs were going:

49:03 AtoningUnifex:@Yaviey is salvatrix and the new dev going as well....I think there will be lots of questions from people about upcoming things? Have a great time in Europe (and enjoy the beer)
    49:22 Yaviey:@AtoningUnifex Salvatrix is going but not the new dev.
    49:42 Yaviey:And yeah there are lots of bookings for peeps to talk to her and the other devs

The fact that Slavatrix is going to gamescom is good news (last dev stream) however I am surprised that not more made of this as in the past the Trion team have been quite up for meetups, events and parties to meet fans when in Europe, as well as posting threads about Q&A etc.

Will this mentioned promotional video contain some possible CONTENT updates?
    Are we getting new things in Live?
    Wll the video focus more on Prime now that SL about to hit Prime servers?

These remain to be answered, hopefull y in the next few weeks we will start to get some actual content information from Trion.
    Last edited by AtoningUnifex; 08-21-2018 at 03:48 AM. Reason: massive edit for inclusion of info from livestream on Friday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast