+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Rift 5.0 expansion

  1. #16
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Expac should be free too. They burned us really bad on the last one and I cant imagine many people paying - especially paying up front - like they did last time.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

  2. #17
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    They burned us really bad on the last one and I cant imagine many people paying - especially paying up front - like they did last time.
    You got that right. They sure snookered us, but in truth l guess we all knew there was only 2 experts. I think a lot of us just had faith that Trion had plans to deliver content. That faith is gone now.

  3. #18
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Yeah , I will just keep popping in here to see what's up , other than that I am done . Absolutely no sense me wasting time on a game that TRION doesn't even want to waste time on...........................

  4. #19
    Plane Touched jkelley393's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    Expac should be free too. They burned us really bad on the last one and I cant imagine many people paying - especially paying up front - like they did last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    You got that right. They sure snookered us, but in truth l guess we all knew there was only 2 experts. I think a lot of us just had faith that Trion had plans to deliver content. That faith is gone now.
    You are both spot on. I miss Rift, I miss it a lot. But I donít regret my decision to move on, I only regret the circumstances that lead to it. Starfail Profitsy is unsalvageable. Riftís only hope is a quality expansion. I truly hope for this, Iíd love to have a reason to visit Telara again. But they will never be able to sell it as a paid upgrade after the fraudulent dumpster fire that was sold as a AAA expansion, so I have no idea how 5.0 would be funded at this point.

    Normally a new expac would be launching in October. Sub after sub is lapsing while no news of new content is forthcoming. If one hasnít been announced within the next six months, itís probably not going to happen at all.

  5. #20
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Couldn't agree more if I tried. Props for the courage to say it, though CMs will remove and ban him now.


    Quote Originally Posted by jkelley393 View Post
    You are both spot on. I miss Rift, I miss it a lot. But I donít regret my decision to move on, I only regret the circumstances that lead to it. Starfail Profitsy is unsalvageable. Riftís only hope is a quality expansion. I truly hope for this, Iíd love to have a reason to visit Telara again. But they will never be able to sell it as a paid upgrade after the fraudulent dumpster fire that was sold as a AAA expansion, so I have no idea how 5.0 would be funded at this point.

    Normally a new expac would be launching in October. Sub after sub is lapsing while no news of new content is forthcoming. If one hasnít been announced within the next six months, itís probably not going to happen at all.

  6. #21
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Well, I bought the current expansion and it did not deliver on the promises. If there is a Rift 5.0 expansion, I will not buy it if they decide to charge for it. Learned my lesson from this current expansion. If they make 5.0 F2P I might check it out and give them a chance to win me back with a quality game.

  7. #22
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    923

    Default

    We can't even get any basic content additions to this expansion. I wouldn't hold out for an entirely new one.

  8. #23
    Ascendant simpa1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    We can't even get any basic content additions to this expansion. I wouldn't hold out for an entirely new one.
    That's true.

    I hope the reason that they don't release new content for this expansion is that they also think its a waste of time so they already working on a new one but they still can't share any info (hopefully in Gamescom).

    But with how small the team is , im not very optimistic
    Really hope Trion invest some money in Rift and make a good new expansion soon. Love this game

  9. #24
    Sword of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    887

    Default

    I lose faith in the intelligence of the Rift community when I see people discussing a possible expansion. It's like you can't add 2 + 2, where's the logic?
    Fwob - Zaviel

  10. #25
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    I feel quite disappointed with the level of quality that this expansion has had. Every time i look at the current state of Rift, various features scream to me "How can we(trion) monetize this feature/element?"

    I was hoping that the 4.x series would be a good generation/series of Rift, but everything feels as if it's just lopped together and hope for the best. The thought of 'Minimum Viable Product with Maximum Possible Revenue' comes to mind with this expansion series.

    It feels as if the soul and heart of Rift just isn't there, and it's just a husk of what was once a great and amazing game. I can only hope (I'm near 0 on that regard for any sort of hope) that they're making a good effort for the next 'series' of rift to be worthwhile - whatever that might be.


    A CM/PR-spun response will not cut it, words will not speak for the actions-done or to-be-done.
    --BC

  11. #26
    Rift Disciple BigBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    Expac should be free too. They burned us really bad on the last one and I cant imagine many people paying - especially paying up front - like they did last time.
    I have to agree, I pre ordered Starfall and having it go free a few months later was a slap in the face. Maybe if they didn't make it free they'd have more money to spend in rift.

  12. #27
    BMX
    BMX is online now
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    I have to agree, I pre ordered Starfall and having it go free a few months later was a slap in the face. Maybe if they didn't make it free they'd have more money to spend in rift.
    Perhaps going free to play was the worst decision ever made in this franchise's history.

    And Dundare, I couldn't agree more.
    Banned

  13. #28
    Ascendant Holyroller12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Considering that subscriptions were starting to tank during Storm Legion (just prior to the F2P change) and that most games are going that route, it's honestly one of the better systems to use if done well and staying away from P2W which I won't get into as there are plenty of other threads (past and present) for that debate. I'm interested in seeing the store cleanup for live whenever that comes.

    F2P makes up the bulk of the population and all of those people got pushed out when they tried out B2P for this expansion. It was something at lot of people asked for during Nightmare Tide, but it didn't work out too well. I don't see them going back to that or subscription going forward as that's partly why Prime exists in the first place to fill that niche without pushing anyone out of the main version of the game. Even blizzard has been taking small steps in allowing their players to play for free through their token system and have been testing micro transactions for other games like D3 in other countries. Not quite the same as F2P per se of course.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 08-08-2018 at 10:12 PM.

    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

  14. #29
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Considering that subscriptions were starting to tank during Storm Legion (just prior to the F2P change) and that most games are going that route, it's honestly one of the better systems to use if done well and staying away from P2W which I won't get into as there are plenty of other threads (past and present) for that debate. I'm interested in seeing the store cleanup for live whenever that comes.

    F2P makes up the bulk of the population and all of those people got pushed out when they tried out B2P for this expansion. It was something at lot of people asked for during Nightmare Tide, but it didn't work out too well. I don't see them going back to that or subscription going forward as that's partly why Prime exists in the first place to fill that niche without pushing anyone out of the main version of the game. Even blizzard has been taking small steps in allowing their players to play for free through their token system and have been testing micro transactions for other games like D3 in other countries. Not quite the same as F2P per se of course.
    I still look out for the day WoW makes Lv 1-60 (expanded from current 1-20) F2P.

  15. #30
    Plane Walker AtoningUnifex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    432

    Default

    here's what I think I am seeing from rift at present and for the short and medium term future.

    For fun I will use an analogy based on teeth.

    2018 Q1 -Q2: - Scrape and polish and x-rays to determine issues and early remedial treatment
    2018 Q3: minor fillings, an extraction and back to regular diet of check ups and follow up appointments
    2018 Q4: root canal treatment and a crown
    2019 Q1-2: Artificial tooth implanted, Additional root canal and a Bridge
    2109 Q3-4: Dentures!

    So 2108 Q1-Q2 has been about giving Rift a quick sparkle (Prime) and building the list of things that need done (balance changes etc)...

    For Q3: I suspect the sequences of short period events that have already started will be the focal point for "content", I suspect that the fragments system will be temporarily removed/suspended or modified in some way until it can be rebuilt, and a plan will be published for what is anticipated in the next 12 months

    For 2108 Q4: I suspect at least one core system to be significantly changed to make it less painful to use (Fragments), or for some significant changes to classes, possibly removing some classes entirely? (that's the root canal bit), however for the "crown" perhaps we will get that Raid that everyone has been talking about.

    For 2019 Q1 to Q2 I wonder if we will get a mini-expansion that adds a zone to The Celestial lands or at the least acts as a transition point for what will be coming later in the year. hand in hand with this may be a significant reworking of one system - possibly for PVP and a significant transition period for PRIME/LIVE content catch up (the bridge).

    That leads nicely to 2109 Q3 and Q4 where i suspect if all of the above has gone well there may be another expansion.
    This expansion may build on the existing content in Live and Prime, the lessons learned from the 4.0 expansion and the information that will be gained from Prime player activities.

    I also feel that this may be a significant turning point in the history of the game, as I suspect it will be an almost complete overhaul of internal systems (utilising the tech they acquired from Gazillion), with a massive new zone, dungeons, raids and all the usual gubbins included, but reuniting Prime and Live players in one supersized shard with f2p and Patron model available.

    As always, this is all pure speculation from me, possibly laced with a large dose of optimism and wishful thinking.

    However I feel very strongly that this is the kind of thing they need to start communicating to us all, before its a case of too little....too late.

    Unifex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts