+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How would you feel if rift...PvP?

Default How would you feel if rift...PvP?

How would you feel if Rift normalized pvp? Any and all levels all get the same gear for their builds, damage, tank, healing and support. The same goes for spells/abilities. The spells and abilities for pvp are not the same you have for pve, that you acquired as you leveled up.

You go and join the pvp que and once you go in, you hit a lobby where you chose a class and build and receive a locker with your gear and trinkets, special potions/food made just for pvp in it. That way levels 1 can pvp with a level 70. I think since everything will be normalized, how you do in pvp will deal more with abilities over better gear.

Do you think it could/would work and will people enjoy it? Would it bring back pvp to Rift? And would it bring back the pvpers to the game?

People have said over and over that Trion needs to wor on pvp in Rift and would you be happy if they did this over anything else?
    Last edited by BigBeaver; 08-01-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Soulwalker

I think that's kinda how it works in FFXIV, each class has a different skillset in pvp and pve and everyone is "mentored up" to max level when they join pvp. I think its a pretty good system, even though pvp isn't very popular in FFXIV.

"How would you feel if Rift normalized pvp? Any and all levels all get the same gear for their builds, damage, tank, healing and support. The same goes for spells/abilities. The spells and abilities for pvp are not the same you have for pve, that you acquired as you leveled up."

PVP level bolstering was mentioned during the June 1 Rift Live Stream - [around the 22:01 min mark] re of Conquest.

"You go and join the pvp que and once you go in, you hit a lobby where you chose a class and build and receive a locker with your gear and trinkets, special potions/food made just for pvp in it. That way levels 1 can pvp with a level 70. I think since everything will be normalized, how you do in pvp will deal more with abilities over better gear."

Very similar to Guild Wars 2 iirc, you cannot switch classes but make pvp/wvw builds; armor & weps are automatically bolstered, no need for a separate set; choose a trinket and pvp stat runes. I agree that will level the playing field highlighting abilities and skill.

"Do you think it could/would work and will people enjoy it? Would it bring back pvp to Rift? And would it bring back the pvpers to the game?"
    I really look forward to testing bolstering out in Conquest first.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 08-01-2018 at 09:20 AM.

I don't feel that pvp needs to be normalized or anything, but in it's current state I won't set foot in a WF. There are a few reasons...

1. The bolstering system needs a lot of adjusting. In a lot of cases 65 gear is better than lv 70 raid gear due to bolstering. Other posters have more or less laid out the BiS for PvP these days and it's nearly all lv 65 gear.

2. Rewards aren't good enough. As with any MMO, it's a carrot on stick scenario where efforts need to reach some end reward. There's nothing worthwhile for any casual PvP'er to strive towards by participating in PvP.

3. Some classes are just bad for PvP. Right now it's a primalist, warrior, rogue...and the rest are mostly meat. You likely won't find much meat playing these days because of it.

How i'd fix this?

1. Remove the PvP "stats" like vengeance from the game. Slant PvP reward gear towards endurance slightly and mostly remove the disparity differences from pvp gear and pve gear. Just use a synergy crystal with pvp based stuff like "+5% damage vs players" etc. The synergy crystal would work for any set piece gear.

I think removing the limitations for PvPers to engage in PvE content is a good thing, I noticed some current pvp blue gear doesn't even have hit. If PVE players want to casually pvp, this would allow them to be at least a bit more competitive. The players with PvP gear would have a slight advantage since their stats are more weighted towards survival, but not an overwhelming one.

2. It would be cool to see new mounts, wardrobes, trinkets and weapons, planar essences, and seals added to the store. Perhaps make a few of them BiS to encourage PVE players to PVP.

3. This is a class balance thing here, and TBH PVE adjustments are rightly taking priority. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to examine the old PVP souls from vanilla rift and make them available for purchase. It would be a nice source of revenue for Trion and they should already exist in the code somewhere.

All the concepts are outdated and for lack of better term played out. The current meta of PvP should be everyone starts on an even playing field. Power ups can be earned in matches and are only momentary. Ganking lowbies and newbies is extremely not tolerated by this newer generation of players. It has been proven to drive community of players away rather than to keep them playing.

Bolstering was just a stepping stone IMO. The ultimate goal should have been complete normalization. Swagger rewards that are purely cosmetic like costumes, emotes, cool frames, dimension items. Something that says look at me "I'm Boss" has been enough to make millions of players like the current meta of other pvp games.

I would say as a minor motivator, pvp consumables where favor is used buy momentary buffs would be the only compromise. My honest opinion.

How about using a Trial PvP server and in this case you just create a hub where players can make actual PvP only toons where they can get rewarded cosmetics account wide. If you transfer off the hub you can't transfer back to it since the point of creating the hub is to alienate all the bolstering problems. Maybe that can be considered the PvP shard for prime as well.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-01-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Pvp need some love in Rift
    I used to pvp a lot. now just a little.
    Its boring the way damage/heal works right now.
    Also Pvp needs asap new reward.
    Add something to buy with each prestige rank u unlock or with favor (wardrobe,mounts,pets)
    Or some kind of new progression that unlock things will you play pvp.
    Last edited by simpa1988; 08-01-2018 at 03:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread