+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did anyone figure out the Planar Defense Force fragment differences?

Default Did anyone figure out the Planar Defense Force fragment differences?

Been a while since I've had to look at my fragments, but realised I'm still using a lvl 5 CP earth, and would like to find a t1 Wisdom with CP as a secondary. Yep, I can dream!

Did anyone figure out what the differences were between Revered, Honored and Decorated Coffers were? None of the fragment guides I followed explained this, except that all 3 drop fragments from T1-T3.

More chance of T1 in Revered? Or more chance of an epic in Revered? Or no difference at all and I'm wasting 500 tower fragments if I go Revered?

Trion really didn't help explaining the differences with this one, do you think they intended that all 3 ranks from T1-T3??
    Last edited by Refuge; 07-31-2018 at 05:25 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

I'm actually in the same exact spot. I've started using what few tower fragments I get from weeklies and am spending them on earth frag boxes. In case other's are curious i'm guessing we're working off of the same guide.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1904994700

My guess is the earth boxes are T3-T1 at all rep levels they removed the IA's to get PDF rep. That's my guess anyway.

I've purchased 10 or so boxes. Mostly T3 and T2 but I did get 1 T1 Guard fragment just buying the decorated ones.. Definitely not a large enough sample to draw conclusions from.

Soulwalker

The earth and life frags (both being more or less rubbish) are easily farmed from TD and iRotP.
    Death frags are the ones ya hafta buy boxes for and you may go through more than 100 to get what you can use.
    Mid level boxes are the way to go to conserve currency.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Aisan View Post
    The earth and life frags (both being more or less rubbish) are easily farmed from TD and iRotP.
    Death frags are the ones ya hafta buy boxes for and you may go through more than 100 to get what you can use.
    Mid level boxes are the way to go to conserve currency.
    Some of us already have all our level 15 frags including T1 death.

For clerics, the T1 Earth wisdom with CP as a sub stat is BiS for DPS. You can achieve more CP than the t5 CP one and gain a lot more SP through higher wisdom and SP as a sub stat.

Simple solution is to mass transfer a bunch of your main cleric to the PTS and start opening up boxes just to be safe. And while you are at it you should check your dps on PTS as well. You will notice something about clerics if you test both on live and pts now... like how they don't scale well anymore. I guess they were right about how dependent Cleric was on the eternal weapon. Good luck.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-31-2018 at 09:56 AM.

From what I've seen there is no difference in the tiers, so I too keep buying the decorated boxes. The ratio of rare and epic fragments I can't comment on, but it actually looked like roughly 50% for either the last time I bought some.

Question is how far Salvatrix is with the rework, as it might be better to just wait, so you won't mess up fragments with the 5th slot of tanking stats :P
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

Rift Disciple

First of all the spreadsheet Skiye linked was very helpful and I hadn't seen it before. Instead I was using a guide with a little less detail.

I have crap fragments but I decided to upgrade the fire fragment I had. I was hoping for a Cleric DPS one. I bought 24 boxed from Theodor's spear rep boxes. I got a lot of nice tanking ones but only 1 that had Crit Power as the main stat. I stopped buying 3-4 boxes after that.

The fragment is not ideal since it has dodge and other stats on it, but the CP was better than a WIS item I needed.

For the record I bought all middle tier boxes (750 Tower Fragments). Based on the 24 boxes, getting a DPS fragment was 4-5% chance and a tanking fragment about a 15% chance. It also took a little over 2K plat to upgrade it to lvl 15.

Hope that helps.

Here is a document I made with the help of many excellent guildmates.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q3B...2XpXSDRm2/view

This was an attempt to cut through all the craziness of fragments. The most important thing I can say - ignore the Tier of fragments. It is only a reflection of how well the numbers match what the plane is closely attuned too. What you ultimately want is the best fragment to increase what you need for your role (usually Crit Power). That doesn't mean to get Crit Power as the main (first) stat on all fragments. Here's the chart that's on the document. It shows what main (first) stat to have for each plane for each calling. The document also explains to have Crit Power as one of the secondary stats on those fragments.

I hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did anyone figure out the Planar Defense Force fragment differences?-frag-snippet.png  
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 08-01-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Simple solution is to mass transfer a bunch of your main cleric to the PTS and start opening up boxes just to be safe. And while you are at it you should check your dps on PTS as well. You will notice something about clerics if you test both on live and pts now... like how they don't scale well anymore. I guess they were right about how dependent Cleric was on the eternal weapon. Good luck.
    I don't know how this works. I've upgraded fragments on PTS before and they work differently to when I upgrade them on Live.

There was mention how you could predict the upgrades with PTS, but I haven't found this to be true, am I missing something?

Anyway I don't know how this would solve the issue of getting a T1 wisdom, unless you mean test the odds of each reputation box.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    Here is a document I made with the help of many excellent guildmates.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q3B...2XpXSDRm2/view

This was an attempt to cut through all the craziness of fragments. The most important thing I can say - ignore the Tier of fragments. It is only a reflection of how well the numbers match what the plane is closely attuned too. What you ultimately want is the best fragment to increase what you need for your role (usually Crit Power). That doesn't mean to get Crit Power as the main (first) stat on all fragments. Here's the chart that's on the document. It shows what main (first) stat to have for each plane for each calling. The document also explains to have Crit Power as one of the secondary stats on those fragments.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks for the link but I don't know how this is relevant to my question.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Did anyone figure out what the differences were between Revered, Honored and Decorated Coffers were?
    Yes

More chance of T1 in Revered? Or more chance of an epic in Revered? Or no difference at all and I'm wasting 500 tower fragments if I go Revered?
    See the chart for where you can T1s.
    I don't think anybody knows if the boxes have variance in rarity. I would wager they don't personally.
    Buy any level of box to get a chance at T1 Earth.

Telaran

Bought some boxes months ago I think I had like 55000k tower fragments well I save token boost on my live character so maybe 60000k pts. I was testing the difference between honored death box and decorated earth box. So I think I got a chance of at least 1-2 t1 earth wisdom and the I could get a death fragment cp 1 or 2 if lucky. Sometimes after like the first few rolls I get t1 but if only because I focus on one character sometimes I don't bad farm. Best to save until you can buy like hundred boxes because trion wants you to stack cp easier but not better my Mage has sc fragments with sc stat and double cleric 4 sagacious earth with wierd or bad off stats

I don't really do storyline because it forever on like +8 toons even then I get no chance of accessories and zone events everyday non stop they made me wait till I get malanon necklace that isn't guaranteed I hate storyline except boa rune lol. Only my cleric scales well with cp and bullseye marksman but I hate when a class makes a state not same like most roles.
    I spent fragments early expansion they were replaced and crit became worthless 200k plat because stupid water intro quest.

With fragments cp is based on entirely getting crit wheras flat power is the ones not.
    Before you can say the best ones are the ones that crit nearly all the time or force crit.
    Inquisitor fantiscm and shaman stacks. rs legendary CP=cleric class
    MM cd
    Primalist Mage and Warrior dps most other specs not referee I know healing specs have these.
    Crit power drops common from irotp and tdez so the first build is cp more good secondaries.
    Or Main stat AP/SP low drops very rare barely use.^

Q:So do I go for cp or main stat
    A: Rng on stats
    Conclusion: I have cap cp but my dps is not best like primal.

Although you could replace a cp with another cp.
    Also crit is not a bounce stat can't pick it up anymore.
    When considering the crit cap will never be fixed its as useless as having it.

Fragments are worst terrible because they put like 3 tiers of a fragment in one box.need big sample size
    Boxes should drop own tier box. Open t1 fire chest for x token get a aggressive calculating nimble. Price t6-200 t5-400 t4-600 t3-800 t2-1000 t-1500
    More elemental boxes with tank or dps.
    I heard better fragments suggestion before.
    Rex sells

+ Reply to Thread