+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Some deep thoughts about RIFT

Plane Touched

Default Thanks Seshatar

I left awhile ago- but pop in to check on the forums and on my guild. There are a handful of guild members that still play. Raiders left long ago- I managed to collect enough of them to form a like guild in another game- and I am happy we are doing group runs and raids again. That said- I really miss the Rift feel- and I am so nostalgic for how things were. I hope things can move forward- I really do. I just can't see my way to it- I have been too disappointed.

Default This game is and will be epic forever.

I think that I get mad at this game a lot but I never go elsewhere. I try other games but my heart is here. I think these dev's just need DIRECTION AND ALSO ORGANIZATION. i''d like to talk about WOW for example and how they do so well. Part of it (to me) is because its fairly easy a nd everyone can enjoy the same lvl together, this was them back in the day, however it worked. Why change something that works? I think that this game is lacking that simple element and that is common grounds and how to build on that.I think that also these Dev's prolly feel very overwhelmed and I don't blame em. I think I would too. I think that this very small team is wonderful, but they are not seeing how great they can be together. Picture a small band that finally does great and lands a song on the radio. This team need to work together in every single way, I dont care if its fixing a boss or working on a really cool archer. You got this, it is literally waiting for you guys. You say your numbers are dropping in your team but the numbers are rising here because we believe in you and always will. Take that and shove it up your "I can't do this" *****.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

BMX
    Plane Walker

Well put, MissGreen!

There is a dire need for a team lead that can do the job with integrity, dignity and respect for this community. The dev team is loaded with damn good people that need a guide that is strung out on Rift at each and every level. This mess going on currently needs to be eliminated immediately and professional curation to replace what we are witnessing. The incessant, habitual gamble to play needs to be kicked to the curb, post haste. Content needs to not be an empty promise, it need delivered on a reasonable, routine schedule.

Frankly, funding at this point may be very difficult as the active playerbase has never been at such an all time low.

Classes have been decimated at the wholesale level. The soul system has been destroyed by neglect and the lack of scaling with 4.whatevuh. Now the ability to build your toon the way you want has been replaced with "build your toon the way you are forced" since there are NO choices that are viable. Hybrid specs have been outlawed in Telara. Why? Lack of quality leadership is the answer, plain as the day is long.

Is the current playerbase spending as much as they were in 2017? How about 2015?
    Unfortunately, the current state is the shambles and REVENUE STREAM has been nerfed worse than classes were in the last 45 days. That really looks great to share holders...
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Well put, MissGreen!

There is a dire need for a team lead that can do the job with integrity, dignity and respect for this community. The dev team is loaded with damn good people that need a guide that is strung out on Rift at each and every level. This mess going on currently needs to be eliminated immediately and professional curation to replace what we are witnessing. The incessant, habitual gamble to play needs to be kicked to the curb, post haste. Content needs to not be an empty promise, it need delivered on a reasonable, routine schedule.

Frankly, funding at this point may be very difficult as the active playerbase has never been at such an all time low.

Classes have been decimated at the wholesale level. The soul system has been destroyed by neglect and the lack of scaling with 4.whatevuh. Now the ability to build your toon the way you want has been replaced with "build your toon the way you are forced" since there are NO choices that are viable. Hybrid specs have been outlawed in Telara. Why? Lack of quality leadership is the answer, plain as the day is long.

Is the current playerbase spending as much as they were in 2017? How about 2015?
    Unfortunately, the current state is the shambles and REVENUE STREAM has been nerfed worse than classes were in the last 45 days. That really looks great to share holders...
    Thank you, I think I got a bit excited lol but I agree with this too and I have been here going on 5 years. I feel that this game will end up to be a great in many years to come, where WoW is dead completely. People will come back to this game down the road for sure.
    The way I analyze this is simple, I could be playing EQ right now but I'm not. I'm here. It goes for now and in the future, that I will be here. I think this team needs direction the most. you can't communicate to your fans what you do not know, its simple. I don't think it has anything to do with communication right now.My question to the team is "why is everyone so separated and not communicating between each other??? That is why businesses fail the most and that goes for any business. If you have a director in charge, that person needs to see that everyone else is on the same page as them , if not then what is the point?

I'm trying to keep the faith here, its not easy, but I understand that they can have one dev on fixes and another on development, its not working. The team is spread too thin I think and its a shame. I don't see this game going down anytime soon, however its going down for sure. But the fact that when it released more mmorpg players left wow and eq to come to this. This means that this game will forever be around and will eventually take the title of classic if it hasn't already. So honestly I'm worried but not. I think Rift and EQ will always be around for years and years to come because they are classics and WoW is just WoW. I spent many years in that game at launch and am I there? Nope, I'm here. I also visit eq from time to time when this game is down.To me WoW will never represent a classic game because they keep going and have nothing really neat and new to offer meanwhile these other games have, and people will come back always for that reason
    alone.
    look at SWTOR, they are still getting new players and the fan base is there. That is another game I would call classic. Eventually these games won't be around but I think its safe to say they will be for a while.
    I think Trion needs to really understand that this was their baby and now that its all grown up, it is still their greatest game magnet.

I think that us die hard fans will be here but mostly for the people we have met same goes for the other games I mentioned.
    I just wish this team would work together more. Sit down together and organize and keep a focus. Remember more can accomplish than one any day.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    I feel that this game will end up to be a great in many years to come, where WoW is dead completely.
    Rift confirmed WoW killer in 2050. We're not in Azeroth anymore.YAY!

Plane Touched

Default I miss Old Rift but WoW is not dead lol

Rift is Rift and WoW is WoW. I am pretty happy in WoW- it is well populated and there is new content regularly. It has great lore and good progression. Rift is a great game- has a lot of features WoW does not have (Dimensions, artifact hunts, etc) but it does not have the depth or population that WoW has. Log on to Rift you get dumped onto one server and the only population I see is in TB in the craft area. Log on to WoW on any server and the AH is busy. I have guilds in both games, and the Rift one is soooooo quiet. The WoW one does regular groups and activities. It has a new expansion coming out this week and we have been busy with pre-expansion activities. Rift has its charm- WoW has its shortcomings. But WoW is *not* dead.

BMX
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Rift is Rift and WoW is WoW. I am pretty happy in WoW- it is well populated and there is new content regularly. It has great lore and good progression. Rift is a great game- has a lot of features WoW does not have (Dimensions, artifact hunts, etc) but it does not have the depth or population that WoW has. Log on to Rift you get dumped onto one server and the only population I see is in TB in the craft area. Log on to WoW on any server and the AH is busy. I have guilds in both games, and the Rift one is soooooo quiet. The WoW one does regular groups and activities. It has a new expansion coming out this week and we have been busy with pre-expansion activities. Rift has its charm- WoW has its shortcomings. But WoW is *not* dead.
    Key inclusions... CONTENT delivered on a regular and reasonable time line. No wonder they have a population and community.
    And the Tempest Bay "population" being a large %age of AFK's that are out on the porch smoking sarleaf...
    Banned

Plane Walker

"what we have here is... failure to communicate!"

BMX
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sofeorus View Post
    "what we have here is... failure to communicate!"
    Of epic proportions...
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Can't say I agree with you about WoW. I am guessing you play on a high-pop server. Some realms are thriving like you state, but the vast majority are dead. Hence the much hated cross-realming to make it look like it is busy. In fact population got so low they cross-realmed entire data centres to give the illusion of numbers. Some realms cannot even put a raid team together because consistent population is too low. I know my Alliance one couldn't. Population has been dropping like flies since Warlords, and this latest expansion will only add to that.

I think trion is working on new content , we have seen some of these on datamine
    They should just communicate with us about it . Tell us what u are working on even if they dont come in time.

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    I think trion is working on new content , we have seen some of these on datamine
    They should just communicate with us about it . Tell us what u are working on even if they dont come in time.
    They don't have enough manpower even to look after Prime, so even if they are working on new content for Live speed of content delivery will be unacceptable. They are communicating to us from time to time. They communicated that fragments will be reworked last summer, that they finalizing IGSB in January and that Prime would not affect Live.
    Last edited by Isp; Today at 02:23 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Plane Touched

Default Hellishly- all servers I play on are Active in WoW

Hellishly- I am on 7 servers in WoW- all active. I do not doubt population dropped after Snorenor- I left after Cata and came to Rift. I came back for Legion and enjoyed it very much. The new expansion is thus far a lot of fun. The cinematics and immersing your character in the game is top notch. There are new quests, dungeons, races, and lore. THAT is what I am looking for in an MMO as well as people to play with. I am not interested in no new or rehashed content, Lootboxes, fluff (like wardrobe items and fairs- although I concede these are fun for many) or a slow economy in the AH. I do not blame developers in the least- they are hard working and have way too much on their plate. It seems as if the Blizz cares about their player base and wants to keep things fresh and entertaining for their players- giving them value for their sub. I am not of the opinion Trion delivers this- they used to- but not at this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2