+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Seshatar
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12

Thread: Referral Rewards - Will new items ever be introduced?

Default Referral Rewards - Will new items ever be introduced?

Just curious. I know you guys have not really attended to this in a very long time.. Do you have plans to add any new items to this? Obviously not REX, but new wardrobe items or possibly some other things? It is kinda stale thanks.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Same with Affinity Awards; never changes or the Tier level for all the added exp for Patrons. Why is that? We do like carrots in front of us sometimes; guess Trion has yet to peer into this.
    <>< Bick

I agree with Affinity but I disagree with Referral Coins and Prize Tickets.
    • New items for referral coins will only benefit a handful of people who already amassed a huge amount of those coins from the past. It will not result in actually bringing new people in the game, just by the design of the system. The existing rewards are already more than an avarage player will ever unlock by referring a few friends. Those players also benefited much from the system in the past (patron, REX), so there is really no need to handout even more rewards for past achievements. (And I know what I am talking about, as I had over 1,300 referrals myself)
    • Prize Tickets are a lockbox currency and thankfully those are slowly going to be removed from the game. Unless there will be a new primary source for these, they will die out as a currency.

In my opinion it would be the best to convert both currencies into Affinity (Referral Coins 10 -> 1, Prize Tickets 1 -> 10) and put all the existing items in one shop category for Affinity. Then Trion should regularly add new rewards for Affinity.

In the same patch the referral system should also be changed, to pay out a fixed amount (i. e. 50 Affinity) when the referred person buys a month of patron for the first time for example. After that no more rewards. This way it would actually encourage to bring in new players.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 07-25-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    In my opinion it would be the best to convert both currencies into Affinity (Referral Coins 10 -> 1, Prize Tickets 1 -> 10) and put all the existing items in one shop category for Affinity. Then Trion should regularly add new rewards for Affinity.
    This was goign to be my suggestion as well. Hopefully this is a change taken into consideration when they clean out the live store and revamp it a bit.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

agree with most everything people have said.
    I hope perhaps some dev will chime in with some info. There is nothing in there worth anything anymore :P
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

If a large game like League of Legends can dump their referral systems without a worry, so can Rift. These systems only ever benefit few people.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 07-26-2018 at 01:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread