+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Comparison of ST Damage, HPS, THPS and APS of all classes after 4.5 Patch 7/11/2018

Sword of Telara

Default Comparison of ST Damage, HPS, THPS and APS of all classes after 4.5 Patch 7/11/2018

My spreadsheet compares the single target dps after the 4.5 patch 7/11/2018. The healing potential of all classes/roles is also compared with each other.

To get a sufficient amount of data I need your support. I obtain my data from https://prancingturtle.com/. So that I can evaluate more data it would be helpful if you upload your combatlogs to Prancingturtle. To do this, simply use the command /combatlog in game before you start a raid and in your document folder/Rift a CombatLog.txt file will be created with all relevant combat information. You can upload this file to Prancingturtle. If you have questions about this you are welcome to ask them here in the forum.

If registration for PT is still not working (no email) write directly to Hewi in Dicsord. Hewi#0692 that he can unlock your account.
    Last edited by Bamul; 10-12-2018 at 11:51 AM.

I misread the graph at first. I thought the blue represented the dps post4.5 for each calling and the red was the difference of dps compared to avg top dps pre 4.5.

Interesting data! I am yet to raid post 4.5 so personally I havent seen how Ive been affected.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Prophet of Telara

Registration for PT is still not working. I've send an email to hewi@prancingturtle.com but got no reply.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Registration for PT is still not working. I've send an email to hewi@prancingturtle.com but got no reply.
    Same, I've tried a few times to register and I never got the confirmation emails.

Sword of Telara

I informed Hewi about the bug some time ago and hoped it would be fixed in the meantime.

He wrote the following:
    And the emails aren't making it, yep. Need to look into the mail relay, I may just need to double check that part's working as expected (web server seems to do its part fine)
    In the meantime I'm happy manually activating accounts when this happens
    The best way is to write directly to Hewi in Dicsord. Hewi#0692
    Of course, it's still unfortunate it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Bamul; 07-20-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Sword of Telara

I am back from vacation and have added all missing parses of the last 2 weeks. It seems that the warriors have significantly improved their damage according to the current table.

The Database contains 116 encounters, 217 players, 67 Rogues, 51 Mages, 38 Clerics, 36 Warriors and 25 Primalists. The Top 20 rankings contain 50 % Primalists, 18,75 % Warriors, 13,75 % Rogues, 11,25 % Mages and 6,25 % Clerics.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

And if you are not top 1 or top 3 dps, here are average results, based on Bamul's data:
    Excluding outliners:

Lower bound: Q1 - IQR * 1.5
    Upper bound: Q3 + IQR * 1.5

All dps data:
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Xly
    Plane Touched

Yey, we're finally worst class and have a ****ty spec to play as well

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    A comparison is difficult because the top mage parses are currently without a MysticHybrid while the top parses of the other classes are with a MysticHybrid. I'm pretty sure with a MysticHybrid, the mage is better than rogues and clerics for pure st damage.

General of Telara

That warrior spec is using dual weilding (so our tank weapon + any off hand we can find) and large amounts of auto attack gameplay. Warriors yay.....

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    That warrior spec is using dual weilding (so our tank weapon + any off hand we can find) and large amounts of auto attack gameplay. Warriors yay.....
    I know they fixed this back in Nightmare Tide and while I can't find the exact patch it was in, there's this: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-wield-1h.html

I don't know why it's back, but the difference in dps between dual wielding and using a 2h is pretty significant for Riftblade at the moment. Not sure for paragon as I have yet to play it.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

General of Telara

Its because of the Riftblade 61 point legendary paired with Icy burst legendary. It reduces the time between auto attacks by 75% and Icy burst deals damage each time you auto attack. So the spec inherently favours dual weilding. More auto attacks = more procs. The auto attack damage itself is most likely the same but the procs of icy burst aren't.

The players reaching those numbers are good but the spec they have to play is rubbish. Our eternal is rubbish. A 61 point legendary that affects speed of auto attacks is lame. Rabble rabble...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    Cleric is still the worse class. You can just open up the parses of the clerics in prancing turtle that is represented on that graph and see.

https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/202920
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/203490
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/203425

There are only 3 dps clerics. They are not even top dps in any of the encounters. Exalus and Fyel are almost dead last on each encounter and Viexie is basically in 3rd position even in the best parse they can manage. Also, inquisitor burst block comes every 2 mins. so that graph misrepresents burst potential of classes because they peak much less often. Most classes burst every 1 min or less. Inquisitor have the longest cooldown in the game for bursting. It is very strong burst though but can't compare to other classes if you just look at their peak burst and pause parses because frequency is less.

Also, keep in mind their AE damage comes from being attacked, and standing in melee, and also it requires you to switch to a different mastery that lowers your ST dps potential. When you trade your damage this way it is unrecoverable. No toggle to switch back to maximize ST or built in cleave. Spec that cleave passively lose almost nothing to ST usually if its built into the rotation and specs with toggle cleave usually lose some ST but the rotation doesn't really change much. Cleric still worse class than any other in the game even mage. Elementalist is better than Inquisitor on practical use(cleave) and Pyro damage is very competitive to NB and warrior ST dps. Primalist is ahead still by a fair margin in ST dps.

This has been the only encounter I see a cleric in top in weeks and they use shaman and spamming AE?
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/203243
    So you are saying a shaman spamming AE damage on multiple targets is competitive other ST/AE classes?

There is also a parse of a mage named NME. He was top dps for mage for fights that week.
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/203446
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/203434
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/203445
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/203451
    Mage does well in all BoS encounters because they have good souls for practically every BoS encounter. FK, Archon, Pyro, Ele and Arb are all amazing in those encounters. These parses show them topping cleric in all cases. There is some parses with archon dps beating cleric dps souls in some encounters but I will not post because I know it is edge case :P I don't see how mage can be in worse position anyhow. Their souls just play better for those specific encounters.

It is a good try but it doesn't represent any average practical use data more like average peak burst potential of each class during support cd? Also, doesn't take into account raid buffs like he mentioned. Better to just stick to prancing turtle and dissect the parses manually for more accurate determination of practical dps or average dps.

Also, not every warrior hates the fact they can use two weapons. they get the benefit of having more wardrobe appearances. Also, have you played warrior in pvp with two weapons? They are kind of OP with the dps like that. And the animation for two handers always sucked for 1 sec. gcd specs like paragon. I hope they make warrior able to use two one handers again instead of fixing it for them to have to use a two hander forever.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-13-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    There is some parses with archon dps beating cleric dps souls in some encounters but I will not post because I know it is edge case :P. I don't see how mage can be in worse position anyhow. Their souls just play best for those specific encounters.
    Yes, that happened in one but the cleric died. However, you are right Archon have the strongest support in the game with the strongest DPS. I don't see mages doing too bad in our raids either. Can't really imagine that they are dead last. I would say warrior and cleric would still be but RB is really strong. It does as much dps on dummy as my druid and druid is unusable in BoS in my opinion. Don't know if they stealth nerfed it though because they did so two times already with out warning. I haven't tested in a couple of patches but it was like 1.3million+ on dummy which was right there with nb and rb except being virtually unsustainable in BoS. I can't imagine how someone is sustaining 1.6+million dps with inquisitor though. They need to write a guide.. unless that is just burst like you said. The burst does last a little longer than 10secs though.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-13-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Sword of Telara

I also created a chart that compares the top 5 players. I think this chart reflects the current ranking well but mages are probably above the rogue class for pure single target damage.

The overall comparison is always difficult because not all groups have the possibility to play with a MysticHybrid, maybe I will separate the charts for groups with and without a MysticHybrid in the future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast