+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Comparison of ST Damage, HPS, THPS and APS of all classes after 4.5 Patch 7/11/2018

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    The net loss in DPS is nearly 0 if any at all. In fact I would say it can even be a DPS gain. It is already gain just to replace the cleric with a primalist dps anyway.
    I'd like to know where you see using conflagrate is a dps gain for the primalist, because that's not the case for what i know. You will loose around 100k to 150k dps(maybe even more, last time i checked was 2-3 month) by using it in you rotation.
    Building 20 cunning and wasting 1 gcd in it , is soooooo bad in the tight rotation the spec have , you loose too much dps using it. Maybe you could show me parse of you doing more dps with conflagrate, i'd like to see this.

I agree with you , replacing a cleric by a prima using it is a dps gain , however finding even more prima is hard nowadays.
    But speaking about primalist dps only , it's a dps loss for the player who use conflagrate on his rotation.

Xly
    Plane Touched

I believe Aedynn meant that using Conflagrate is a DPS gain for the raid, not for the poor primalist forced to be doing it. And yes, from my experience it's about a 100-200k dps loss for the primalist. It just doesn't fit properly anywhere in the rotation

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    I believe Aedynn meant that using Conflagrate is a DPS gain for the raid, not for the poor primalist forced to be doing it. And yes, from my experience it's about a 100-200k dps loss for the primalist. It just doesn't fit properly anywhere in the rotation
    But why should he? he answered to me and i clearly spoke about the primalists personal dps.
    I even wrote about the usefulness of the 5% debuff in the first place ...
    it is clearly a dps gain for the full raid, thats also the reason why i wrote that if you have no cleric in the raid, the primalist should do the debuff.

But if there is a cleric, there is no need for the primalist to suffer personal dps loss.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kugelschreiber View Post
    But why should he? he answered to me and i clearly spoke about the primalists personal dps.
    it is clearly a dps gain for the full raid, thats also the reason why i wrote that if you have no cleric in the raid, the primalist should do the debuff.

But if there is a cleric, there is no need for the primalist to suffer personal dps loss.
    I don't really know much about Primalist but I just don't see why the guide doesn't have it in the opener. You can definitely start the fight off with using it since you can start fight with 100 in Fury and it should at least add to the burst with Flaring Power. I don't know much about primalist though. Losing 100K-200K seems quite alot though for keeping up a hard hitting DoT every 15 secs. Maybe I should check it out but I am not bored enough.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-11-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Sword of Telara

I have added the Raid ST DPS numbers for the top 8 guilds and compare them with the top 8 guilds before 4.5.

Because of the last patch (Reduced health and damage values of Commander Isiel, Vindicator MK1, Titan X) I need the new HP values of Vindicator Mk1, Commander Isiel and Titan X to calculate the ST damage correctly.

The HP values in the UI display are not 100% correct because they are rounded. For a correct HP value you would have to create a macro. The following macro will give you the exact HP value of your target. Maybe someone can give me the new numbers.

Code:
    script my_target = Inspect.Unit.Detail("player.target")
    script dump(my_target.name .. " = " .. my_target.healthMax .. " HP")

Quote Originally Posted by Kugelschreiber View Post

I believe he wasn't talking personally as he mentioned net, which actually makes the argument completely pointless. You're fighting each other with the same points.

However it did sound like Aedynn was originally assuming there was no detrimental impact on the Primalist to use conflagulate as he's mentioned this many times without stating it's dps loss for doing so. Convenient to leave out or didn't know about it?

I mean it literally comes down to this:

- Kugel says if there's a cleric and primalist in the group, you obviously don't ask the primalist to use conflag. Hence a 150k dps gain.

- Aedynn is saying don't use a cleric at all, use a primalist as they are better, despite the 150k dps loss on the primalist (according to charts, this would stand).

- Both of you are saying (or should be saying), Clerics optimal spot is probably OT with tenebrious distortion to cover the buff for both inquisitor and primalist.

Now considering these are all true, you're arguing for the sake of it. Primalists are rarer than most, and often used for the hybrid spec, so if there's space, take a cleric, why not.

If you have all the choice in the world (doubtful), and you want the best best possible dps, then you should be taking cleric as an OT. Not for the res, but for the 5% debuff, as you probably don't want an inquisitor, and you clearly don't want a Primalist using conflagurate. I don't know of any other tank that could boost damage further within these conditions. I also don't know of any other tank that can produce as much AoE damage as cleric tank. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Refuge; 09-20-2018 at 02:01 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Champion

I see the titanX dps values for clerics have changed since stacking and ignoring mechanics isn't an option. Inquisitor really does need some sort of viable aoe to help with the first stage.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9