+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sarleaf
  • 1 Post By BMX

Thread: Re-applying eternal buffs on teammates

Rift Disciple

Default Re-applying eternal buffs on teammates

Hey there, Rift developer folks!

I was wondering if it would be possible to adjust how the eternal weapon buffs are applied?

Sometimes in large rifts or raids, team mates go in and out of range, and the eternal buff falls off, but I can't reapply it because it's on that 5-min cooldown. I wish it worked more like my cleric shaman's Heart of the Frozen Sea, which is a toggled raid buff for resistances, that automatically buffs team mates who are in range of me.

Unless.... Maybe it's meant to be a bit more of a challenge to apply? Like, perhaps the game developers wanted the buff to be the kind of thing where you have to apply it at the perfect timing, when the group is mostly standing together? I'm ok with that. I just wasn't sure if it was working as intended, or if they'd be open to adjusting how the buff is applied...?

Edit: Also, I did a series of five quick Queen's Foci runs with a group, and I noticed that my eternal weapon buff would disappear from my team mates whenever we re-entered QF. But, again, I was unable to re-apply it because it was on that long cool-down. I mean, QF was pretty easy, so I'm not too worried... It's just that I wish the buff would auto-apply to team mates whenever they're within range of me, without a cooldown.
    Last edited by Sarleaf; 07-20-2018 at 05:29 AM.

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post
    Hey there, Rift developer folks!

I was wondering if it would be possible to adjust how the eternal weapon buffs are applied?

Sometimes in large rifts or raids, team mates go in and out of range, and the eternal buff falls off, but I can't reapply it because it's on that 5-min cooldown. I wish it worked more like my cleric shaman's Heart of the Frozen Sea, which is a toggled raid buff for resistances, that automatically buffs team mates who are in range of me.

Unless.... Maybe it's meant to be a bit more of a challenge to apply? Like, perhaps the game developers wanted the buff to be the kind of thing where you have to apply it at the perfect timing, when the group is mostly standing together? I'm ok with that. I just wasn't sure if it was working as intended, or if they'd be open to adjusting how the buff is applied...?

Edit: Also, I did a series of five quick Queen's Foci runs with a group, and I noticed that my eternal weapon buff would disappear from my team mates whenever we re-entered QF. But, again, I was unable to re-apply it because it was on that long cool-down. I mean, QF was pretty easy, so I'm not too worried... It's just that I wish the buff would auto-apply to team mates whenever they're within range of me, without a cooldown.
    Buffs in general drop off when porting, being rez'd etc. Yup, it's a nuisance due to the weapon buff cd!
    Our raiders automatically rebuff and as weapon buff comes off cd, reapply it as well.

It is a pita that has never been resolved...
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread