+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: RIFT Update 4.5

Rift Disciple

Default Keeping in line with feedback

First, I have complained about the nerf to ALL warrior builds (based on what, the fact that ONE was actually competitive and useful?) enough, so feedback...

* still looking for the never to be seen 8 missing planar fragment slots that are cluttering up the entire right side of my character. I can understand a LITTLE delay in opening these up so that players are not overwhelmed with 19 new slots to fill on SFP release... 11 seemed like a fair amount but most people have long ago filled those slots, and since trion stopped allowing players to vendor the recycled fragments most players are fed up with filling their bank slots with useless crap or just trashing them. The remaining 8 slots should have been opened up months ago... many months

* creating havok with people's characters causes enough stress, but doing so while at the very same time initiating 2 new world events is beyond crass.. it's inconceivable. The "adjustments" to all the classes in the patch notes should have been done at least 1 week before or after summerfest and grim remembrance

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Because we can't buff Luminous Weapon any more with the Eternal Weapon we do slightly less ST damage and significantly less AoE damage than before the patch with 61 Harbinger.
    I was afraid of that. I'm not a fan (as noted above) of how our eternal works anyway. I feel like our weapon procs need buffing to be on par with what clerics and rogues have (if they still have it after the nerfening).

On a related note... can mana wrench please be channeled while moving? And tick for 3sec (maybe twice as fast)? Would be nice to have a mobile lock spec to compete with 58ele. But who am I kidding I'm usually tank or chon anyway.

King of Slackers

10 char....
    Last edited by keepor; 07-12-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Rift Disciple

Legendary tactics does not at all work like the tooltip suggests. It hits half as hard as the tooltip states, and having multiple stacks does not increase the damage. Having 3 legendary tactics stacks is the same as having 1...

All these changes to warriors, to give warriors some 'loving', and they are much worse off than before 4.5. At the moment, legendary tactics being the only option when going into subsouls, and it does less than 30k dps. Huge nerfs for no reason....

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzkatz View Post
    Legendary tactics does not at all work like the tooltip suggests. It hits half as hard as the tooltip states, and having multiple stacks does not increase the damage. Having 3 legendary tactics stacks is the same as having 1...

All these changes to warriors, to give warriors some 'loving', and they are much worse off than before 4.5. At the moment, legendary tactics being the only option when going into subsouls, and it does less than 30k dps. Huge nerfs for no reason....
    That's exactly what i thought about when i realised that Unleashed talent for paragons in legendary form stopped reducing the cooldown of Alactricy.

It Didn't make any sense

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by eunichman View Post
    If you EVEN consider 100-200 dps a nerf then you need to reconsider what you call a nerf.a 1-2% drop isnt a nerf, it's the warriors that got hit with not just a nerf bat but one with spikes on it. I ran tests on all my toons and they are ALL performing about the same post patch as they did pre-patch... except warrior, who I cant yet get above 75% below his old dps. Judging from the warriors i have seen in spes the last day, they all are suffering worse than me.. I have YET to see a warrior in GOOD gear getting above 200k single target with NO mechanics.
    Your math is so wrong. It is not 1 to 2%. It is up to 10% nerf on shaman and up to 23% nerf on druid and up to 10% nerf on dru/cab. I will change it to account for quantization error in parses from before and after so add +/-2% to those percentages for a more accurate description of nerf percentages. They also have a lingering threat placed on clerics for even more ludicrous nerfs because these specs actually depend on procs proccing procs. For instance LIOB/EOL combination. You can also add in the rather poor scaling and enormous dependency on eternals they may not consider when doing the "balancing." If you can even call what they did balancing anyway. It just seems like overall nerfs to everyone. Not sure about mage but at least primalist is still "high" DPS. Inquisitor seems like it wasn't impacted too much though or won't be so at least you have that.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-12-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Plane Walker

Jeez it almost sounds like these micro level changes to classes were done poorly, without a lot of attention to detail and have a great impact on the macro level of game play.

It just seems over and over Trion gets things wrong. When was the last time they got something right? I would have to say CoA w the difficulty modes and a pretty well done raid instance. It has been a long drought and this patch makes me even more certain that we have gone past the point of no return.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    Speaking generally, I think that a lot of the guilds that were progressing in BoS are going to take a real hit, and have a MUCH harder time killing those bosses...I think this will hurt most of the guilds except perhaps for the few that have had BoS on farm for a long while and quick with making adjustments. Just my thoughts and observations.
    This Is so true. I have said it was going to happen in the PTS thread as well. Glad some players and maybe devs finally get to see what I meant in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    ....I can only assume they would have to nerf current raid bosses if they are going to shift the meta that much. Having Tier 2 gear is meant for the next raid not to be able to clear Tier 2..

Soulwalker

While I typically avoid posting in the forums, I have to say wow. Our guild has been clearing BOS for some time now. However tonight, we could not get past the first boss enrage timer. 2 primalist 4 rogues 3 mage and a cleric. It was such a let down, some of my raid team announced they would no longer be playing. Given the diminishing number of players, filling the raid team was hard enough, quality pugs are even harder to find. Now Trion is chasing away the quality players we did have. We streamed the joke of a raid just to show how terrible it was. Might be time to find a new game.

Soulwalker

I'd like to get some kind of official word about what the eternal weapon "procs" are intended to be affecting.

I've personally noticed that the eternal weapon no longer seems to affect: rogue weapon enchantments, tactician curative remote (see below), shaman vengeance weapon buffs, purifier sign of wrath, and probably others that I have not tested or observed yet (harbinger weapon buffs have also been reported to no longer benefit from the eternal weapon).

I understand the issues revolving around mentoring with eternal weapon-boosted weapon enchantments, but weapon enchantments boosted by the eternal weapon added a non-trivial amount of dps to rogues and shamans. To compensate, maybe consider boosting the base damage of those buffs by some proportion (say 50-75%) of attack/spell power that would scale properly with mentoring.

With respect to Curative Remote: I did some testing last night and tonight and...it seems like it very rarely will heal for close to the tooltip amount, but in general it heals for about 1k base healing instead of 30k base healing. I've tested with the eternal weapon equipped, without the eternal weapon equipped, reapplying curative remove before it drops off, waiting until it drops off before reapplying, using it without the legendary curative engine buff, and nothing seems to make any sense. If there's one thing I noticed it's this - when it does heal for the expected amount it's almost always upon applying it out of combat; but it doesn't happen every time. I'd say about 5-10% of the time when I apply curative remote out of combat it seems to heal for the correct amount but again, there's no other pattern I've been able to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddie View Post
    If there's one thing I noticed it's this - when it does heal for the expected amount it's almost always upon applying it out of combat; but it doesn't happen every time. I'd say about 5-10% of the time when I apply curative remote out of combat it seems to heal for the correct amount but again, there's no other pattern I've been able to see.
    Take off Omnox trinket
    Nixia@Greybriar

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Toddie View Post
    shaman vengeance weapon buffs,
    Are you sure they are not being buffed by eternal ?

Just before servers went down for hotfix #1 I did a test with a cleric from my guild. We tested dmg of Luminous Weapon (harb) and Veneance of the Primal North (shaman). First we used pvp weapons then eternals. The dmg of shaman buff was still increased by a lot (avg dmg and tooltip dmg). Maybe it's lower than it used to be but I think it's still benefiting from eternal.

Luminous Weapon gained nothing from eternal proc.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Default Legendary Tactics

Warrior: Legendary Tactics doesn't benefit from the level 64 mastery Precision Strikes. Raises the question of what else it doesn't benefit from that it probably should.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzkatz View Post
    Don't know how you're testing this. Yes the damage done is far less than what the tooltip says however the stacking is working as intended. It seems like the tooltip is trying to update itself to the total damage with three stacks. Don't know why it would be like this but if it's not the case than yes the damage is much much lower than the tooltip.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Sword of Telara

I know there is a lot of negativity at the moment but I would like to take the time to say there are some positive things from this patch
    • Increased Storm Cell drop rate is good along with more currency being dropped. Obviously we need to address the inadvertant buff to BoS through the reduction of damage to most classes but this should be better in the long run I hope.
    • T2 currency from weeklies is nice. I don't know if clearing BoS will cap your T2 currency now but my guild can't clear it anyway as we struggle for players so good for me!
    • Flattening out the chance for each suffix on gear is good. It makes me sad that this wasn't the case in the first place, pretty mean frankly but good now it is sorted.
    • The move away from Lockboxes and just putting mounts on for cash is very good. Lockboxes I find immoral and a predatory business practice which is a cancer on the gaming industry. So well done for killing them off!

Lastly, I believe that perhaps Salvatrix may have been given more free reign here to make postive changes to the game. If so let's try to encourage the team to keep making those positive changes. I know we need more permanent content and I know the classes (especially my beloved warrior class) are in a strange spot and I will make another post specifically about that but there are some positive signs here
    Last edited by Balidin; 07-13-2018 at 05:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast