+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 8 of 11 roles reset

Im gonna suggest the next time Trion does something so drastic you try to remember the average user who doesnt watch every dev post, who doesnt watch video streams, perhaps use the ingame system for more than white noise by posting MOTD to backup your builds so you have a starting point in an attempt to recover them. This was a huge fail, disappointment and quite simply rude to the average user.
    Last edited by Tigsman; 07-11-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Shadowlander

Currently I only see reaver, warlord and paragon (both with riftblade finishers of course) as the stable dps specs we currently have because they broke tempest and at least I haven't found a way to make it viable. Riftblade might be another useful spec but why riftblade when on paragon you have grasping the horizon and good easy dps with warlord?

Heal souls will have to be adjusted because of chanter and lib changes. I don't tank so I have no clue on tank souls. And I bet it's going to take them 2 months to fix tempest and adjust legendary tactics which to me is useless. Then again it took them what, like a year to take down chantion? Honestly I don't expect much anymore. I'm just here to have fun with guildies.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tigsman View Post
    Im gonna suggest the next time Trion does something so drastic you try to remember the average user who doesnt watch every dev post, who doesnt watch video streams, perhaps use the ingame system for more than white noise by posting MOTD to backup your builds so you have a starting point in an attempt to recover them. This was a huge fail, disappointment and quite simply rude to the average user.
    Pretty much this. Plus I'd prefer some token to reset more so I don't have to rebuild several souls on every char.

Please remember we play this game for playing, not for clicking skill trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigsman View Post
    Oh quit your yappering!

If it wasn't done, you'd likely have whined about having to spend plat to reset your skilltrees, right? Right!?

It's not like it's rocket science to enable your talents, max 1 tree and click the remaining needed. 3-4 mins of your life is not a total disaster.
    Aside from that, this has ALWAYS happend when certain souls recieved major changes.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

BMX
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Chickie View Post
    This is ridiculous. Warrior has always been my main and there was no warning that I'd login today to find that I have ZERO specs. Class balance and changes - fine. But wiping all of my specs for me, NOT FINE. This game has been feeling less like a game and more like a job and now requiring me to spend hours rebuilding all of my specs - not acceptable. Some kind of warning that you were going to completely reset my roles would have been nice. I think most everyone knew that "class balance" was coming but there was no warning that I'd have to completely rebuild my character. You guys are insane if you think this is going to make anyone happy.

Most of us were thinking class buffs as opposed to class nerf. Here we go again, Nerf-A-Thon is on...
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    Oh quit your yappering!

If it wasn't done, you'd likely have whined about having to spend plat to reset your skilltrees, right? Right!?

It's not like it's rocket science to enable your talents, max 1 tree and click the remaining needed. 3-4 mins of your life is not a total disaster.
    Aside from that, this has ALWAYS happend when certain souls recieved major changes.
    Explain rogue then. None of my specs in rogue were reset. So this doesn't ALWAYS happen. And complaining about a couple of plat to reset my soul trees on my terms... I for one would definitely not complain. When specs have changed in the past, classes nerfed, specs changed ,etc, I've always respec'd and never complained. And the way you build your specs... seriously? Just fill in one tree and randomly click the other 15 points into whatever off souls and call it a day? Okay....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chickie View Post
    Explain rogue then. None of my specs in rogue were reset. So this doesn't ALWAYS happen. And complaining about a couple of plat to reset my soul trees on my terms... I for one would definitely not complain. When specs have changed in the past, classes nerfed, specs changed ,etc, I've always respec'd and never complained. And the way you build your specs... seriously? Just fill in one tree and randomly click the other 15 points into whatever off souls and call it a day? Okay....

Rogue had a couple of bug fixes. It didn't have any abilities completely deleted and replaced with new ones like warrior Legendaries were. If they had deleted or completely changed Call: Razorbeast, every single rogue soul would get reset. lol

This has happened before why are people complaining now

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    This has happened before why are people complaining now
    That's exactly why.

Soulwalker

Absolutely filthy and disgusting. What a disgrace! I want to vomit on this update.

An even more pressing warrior problem: Warrior could definitely use a small dps buff. Paragon is close to other classes but needs a 100k-200k buff to be right on par with the other classes. I'm not sure how reaver parses post patch (maybe someone can help me out?) but I'm assuming tempest is terrible now since it was reliant on stacking and critting your big pulse/arc/sergeant's together. My point being, warrior dps is bottom of the barrel at the moment with all gear being as equal as possible.

We cleared BoS this week like normal but, once again, our warrior was relegated to healing the entire instance. Lib on boss 1, 61 WC on 2 and chantion on 3 (the tank damage on 3 is nonexistent so we took some more damage on boss). I suppose playing 3 different specs in raid kept it sort of fresh for our warrior, but for how long?

Warrior needs some form of a small damage buff to bring it in line with the other classes or it is basically a healbot which is only in a raid for the eternal weapon buff. It's very possible that BoS could be cleared without a warrior in the raid. We're at the point that even have one character from an entire class has become a luxury in raid rather than a necessity.
    Last edited by Allegory; 07-12-2018 at 04:37 AM.
    Allegory@Deepwood
    Nuances@Deepwood R.I.P <Nephilim>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Hi all! There were some Warrior changes that caused some builds to be reset. We try to avoid this whenever possible, but we missed one of them. We're not rolling anything back, but we'll continue to actively avoid having to do resets when possible. Thanks for your understanding.
    After all these years, have you REALLY not come up with a method of NOT doing thiis in-game before players have a chance record their souls?

I mean, is it beyond your devs to figure out how to do something to record our souls BEFORE resetting (screenshot, w/e) them so we can refer to them when trying to get back to where we were?
    Last edited by Kerin; 07-12-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    After all these years, have you REALLY not come up with a method of NOT doing thiis in-game before players have a chance record their souls?

I mean, is it beyond your devs to figure out how to do something to record our souls BEFORE resetting (screenshot, w/e) them so we can refer to them when trying to get back to where we were?
    I know it's pee poor to put it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Allegory View Post
    An even more pressing warrior problem: Warrior could definitely use a small dps buff. Paragon is close to other classes but needs a 100k-200k buff to be right on par with the other classes. I'm not sure how reaver parses post patch (maybe someone can help me out?) but I'm assuming tempest is terrible now since it was reliant on stacking and critting your big pulse/arc/sergeant's together. My point being, warrior dps is bottom of the barrel at the moment with all gear being as equal as possible.

We cleared BoS this week like normal but, once again, our warrior was relegated to healing the entire instance. Lib on boss 1, 61 WC on 2 and chantion on 3 (the tank damage on 3 is nonexistent so we took some more damage on boss). I suppose playing 3 different specs in raid kept it sort of fresh for our warrior, but for how long?

Warrior needs some form of a small damage buff to bring it in line with the other classes or it is basically a healbot which is only in a raid for the eternal weapon buff. It's very possible that BoS could be cleared without a warrior in the raid. We're at the point that even have one character from an entire class has become a luxury in raid rather than a necessity.

Warriors aren't suppose to be a dps build but a tank, then comes rift with allowing all classes to be everything confusing everything. Top dps should go this way, rogue, mage, cleric/guardian/tank. I'd be happy if they took away all the abnormal roles for each class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubarb View Post
    I know it's pee poor to put it mildly.
    Watch what you say, I got an infraction for say P.O.S in my post. Inappropriate Language/Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast