+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By SonoMoenia
  • 1 Post By SonoMoenia
  • 2 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Tuasemper

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Estrodian Wings

Default Estrodian Wings

I love me some wings.

I picked up the package that "also unlocks the matching Estrodian Wings wardrobe appearance". I got first on shard to acquire "Estrodian Wings". No wardrobe unlock at that time. The package was in my bags. I opened it. I got 2 new messages - acquired "Estrodian Cosmetic Wings" and acquired "Estrodian Travel Wings". There was no message about a new wardrobe unlock in among those comments.

I have the mount, but I can't find the cosmetic wings. Is this an error? I'm putting in a CS ticket also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Estrodian Wings-chat-wings.jpg   Estrodian Wings-capes-wings.jpg  

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Damn. That is on me.

We have never done a mount/wardrobe combination like that, and I spent hours trying to figure out the best combination of how to bundle these two things as a last minute addition on Monday.

And I forgot the auto-consume wardrobe items sent via mail fail to unlock the appearance.

Getting a fix in now, and will update this thread as soon as I have an eta on the solution (but it will likely require a new build). You can, of course, contact CS, but the solution should not require a CS response once it goes out.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Thanks for the answer. I figured this was tricky and it was probably some sort of glitch. I'll wait for a fix or a CS response or whatever.

Good to have the info though to share with my guildies and in chat - for when others run into it.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

The wings will be set to no longer auto-consume in the next update (we are figuring out that now, but almost certainly in the next 24 hours).

To self-fix the issue once the hotfix goes out, you will be able to get the wardrobe unlock by logging in any character that has not yet claimed the mount and wardrobe item from the mail (or create a new character to do so) and go claim the wings from the mail.
    Rift Team Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

So it would be better NOT to claim the mount & wings from the mail yet, until the fix goes out? Am I understanding that right, or I can claim them from the mail now & it will be unlocked when the fix goes out? Which is better & easier?

Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Faeblight by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post
    So it would be better NOT to claim the mount & wings from the mail yet, until the fix goes out? Am I understanding that right, or I can claim them from the mail now & it will be unlocked when the fix goes out? Which is better & easier?
    You can claim them but the style can't be used, the mount is still useable

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post
    There are two easy options as soon as the patch is done.

1) Log in with a character - any character - that has not yet claimed the mount and wardrobe out of their mailbox, and claim it with that character. As the wardrobe appearance is region-wide once any character claims it, all your characters will have access to the appearance then.

2) If you already logged in with all your characters, just make a new character (could even be on Seastone), and claim it from the mailbox in the starting area.

Hope that helps.
    Rift Team Designer

Very much so, thank you. I understand now.

Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Faeblight by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

+ Reply to Thread