+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory
  • 1 Post By Learan

Thread: Mages crappy DPS

Default Mages crappy DPS

I have been a solo player for years and just joined a guild and started raiding. I now see my dps is horrible to other classes. It was find for soloing but when did the mage get nerfed compared to all others. Mages are suppose to be heavy damage but a glass cannon, now they are a glass cannon that can't do the damage of others. I have tried the various recommended builds, followed the rotations, use all the buffs/enhancements, etc. Working with the correct fragments, working on the eternal weapons/gear. Not even the pyromancer does what I think it should. Are others seeing this too?

Only useful mage spec right now is Archon. Better learn it quickly.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    I have been a solo player for years and just joined a guild and started raiding. I now see my dps is horrible to other classes. It was find for soloing but when did the mage get nerfed compared to all others. Mages are suppose to be heavy damage but a glass cannon, now they are a glass cannon that can't do the damage of others. I have tried the various recommended builds, followed the rotations, use all the buffs/enhancements, etc. Working with the correct fragments, working on the eternal weapons/gear. Not even the pyromancer does what I think it should. Are others seeing this too?
    Without a fully upgraded eternal weapon the typical mage specs like 58 Ele or 61 Pyro are very weak because they are too dependent on the Legendary Elemental Forces.

If you want to see how the mage is doing in the endgame, maybe this spreadsheet will help you to compare the single target damage of the classes.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    Not even the pyromancer does what I think it should. Are others seeing this too?
    Pyromancer is probably the spec that benefits most from Equip and Raidbuffs. Because of Pyromancer's Armor you have to be at spell crit cap (42240 SC) and cp soft cap (9074 CP) to be competitive with Pyro. With worse equipment 61 Harbinger or 61 Warlock are better but these specs are more complicated to play and take a lot of time to learn. 58 Ele is currently the best all round spec but needs a completely upgraded Eternal weapon.

Telaran

Post youre intel spelpower etc, and we can help you

Telaran

Oh and by the way mages are pretty good dps these days

I suggest you check out some twitch videos for more relevant data. Mages seem to be able to do well in DPS. Over 1.4million and over 1 million with a full support is not bad at all.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-20-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I suggest you check out some twitch videos for more relevant data. Mages seem to be able to do well in DPS. Over 1.4million and over 1 million with a full support is not bad at all.
    This statement is very misleading. Very few mages can do over 1 mil dps in support and only on specific fights. The 1.4mil dps you cited also includes cleave. Should we look at what rogues do with cleave? Its a lot more than 1.4 mil.

Druid is the highest parsing spec in game. Shaman is a very strong dps option with great cleave but most don't run it because the 5% magic in inq.

The point is we can all cherry pick examples of how x class is fine but every class needs major adjustments and balance.

Telaran

1.4 mil on ele spec is easy to do, my mage is my alt and all t1 plus 3 non upgraded t2 peaces .
    Oh and it pure st, with cleave for example vindicator you can do around 3 mil dps .

So i think people have to stop complaning and learn specs better😃

I think there is onely i class that is behind in dps and that are warriors exept then for the warchanter hybrid spec, but for the rest all classes are pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by faabs View Post
    1.4 mil on ele spec is easy to do, my mage is my alt and all t1 plus 3 non upgraded t2 peaces .
    Oh and it pure st, with cleave for example vindicator you can do around 3 mil dps .

So i think people have to stop complaning and learn specs better😃

I think there is onely i class that is behind in dps and that are warriors exept then for the warchanter hybrid spec, but for the rest all classes are pretty close.
    Youíre right. I need to learn how to mage better.

2 things: if youíre doing 3 mil dps on Vindicator then your group must have some bad dps for the adds to be up that long. My groups tend to melt the adds pretty quick so 2 mil is about normal maybe less depends on the comp.

Please link your easy 1.4 or higher ST parse in T1 gear. Iím sure we could all benefit from your exceptional skill.

-nMe

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Only useful mage spec right now is Archon. Better learn it quickly.

I actually have an archon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Pyromancer is probably the spec that benefits most from Equip and Raidbuffs. Because of Pyromancer's Armor you have to be at spell crit cap (42240 SC) and cp soft cap (9074 CP) to be competitive with Pyro. With worse equipment 61 Harbinger or 61 Warlock are better but these specs are more complicated to play and take a lot of time to learn. 58 Ele is currently the best all round spec but needs a completely upgraded Eternal weapon.
    I do have an harb now but my favorite has always been a necrolock and seeing it's not good damage in raids was depressing. So now my harbinger and archon are what I take into raids now.

+ Reply to Thread