+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Mrwidoes

Thread: GM, players, game confusion about intel and lfr/ez TD

Shadowlander

Default GM, players, game confusion about intel and lfr/ez TD

Hey guys, I need your help.... I'm affraid that could be a long post.

We were running ezTD Tuesday night to farm intel, we got the bug of rolling for intel so that only one player gets intel per boss and they were getting about 9 intel per boss. As a player I make a bug report and a ticket because I know this isn't supposed to happen (shard --> tulan 1722, time 7:15p svt and we entered physically in the portal). That info is all given in both bug report and ticket.

I receive an answer (I will not give the GM name here I do not want to bash on their heads).
    "I greatly apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may be causing you, however we have been unable to identify any malfunction in regards to the Captured Intels at this time. The currency is only received once per boss per week, so repeated completions of the raid can be rolled on for a chance for loot but otherwise the currency is provided only once. If you believe that there is still a bugged issue at hand, please feel free to submit a bug report in game."

Thinking that the GM might be confusing intels from nmTD and ezTD I send a reply saying that for ezTD intel will drop for everyone on each boss and you can do 100 ezTD per week and intel will still drop in the same fashion. The same GM replies with the following:
    "I understand this might not be clear, but regardless of the loot in Normal Tartaric Depths, during Tartaric Depths LFR, the currency rewards are received only once per boss per week, and if you do it again, any repeated completion of the raid will provide a chance for loot instead. If your raid didn't receive any currency at all and any loot at all, that would be a different matter, but the situation you described is working as intended. If you wish to open a discussion about this issue, I would recommend to do it on the forums so other players can participate, and this could be reviewed by our team."

So here I am, could anyone please reply to the tread here, I am trying to find an official post about the way intel drops in ezTD. I do think the problem here is that this GM doesn't play rift. For my ticket to go farther on I need a official post from a Trion staff member....

This issue raises the problem of are GM even aware how loot/currency drop works because players have been farming the hell out of ezTD for the specific reason that you can get intel endlessly without rolling a IRC. Or was this a bug for all that time?

So any help, tips and comments are welcomed here.

Shadowlander

Default Making a tiny bit of progress

While wondering why I am the one supposed to find such info for the GM regarding my intel issue, I am making progress. I found this thread

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5331589

So reading the original thread to get the complete info....

RIFT 4.3: Hotfix #8 12/7/2017

== FEATURES ==

CAPTURED INTEL AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE!
    Captured Intel currency can now be earned from more sources:
    * Zone events in Scatherran Forest, Gedlo Badlands, Xarth Mire, and Ashenfell
    * Defeating bosses in Celestial Adventures
    * Completing any level 70 random expert dungeon when expending a dungeon charge
    * ANY Looking For Raid boss kill!

Now I need your help to find something that says it is not linked to IRC and it is repeatable...
    Last edited by Paprica; 06-14-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Shadowlander

From what i know about this, it's a known issue for a while.

If, for example, you'r group leader just did a ROTP and had masterlooter and he/she is using the same group for TDem, it will bug out. Best way to solve it is to remake the group en keep it on free-for-all.

Last time i also made a ticket about it and the GM was anything but usefull. So I left it as it was.
    Officer of Temple of Light, DBozMen@Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Default Ignorant CS is not surprising

This doesn't surprise me. I have entered a total of 6 bug reports that pertain to my characters specifically in the last couple weeks. 1 was solved, 2 were stupid answers that showed the CS rep didn't even understand the problem, and 3 were just form letters saying that there was nothing they could do with no solution offered.
    Deepwood- Linn, Mina, Mordana, Nif, Sif
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Shadowlander

Default My biggest concern

My biggest concern is that this particular GM seems to think that intels in lfrTD are dropping once per boss, per group, per week. And it seems to be my job to prove him that they have been dropping once per boss, per member of the group, each time you do the instance and that you can do the instance many times and it will still drop in the same fashion.

This is why im asking for help here because I know that more than only me know how the intel drops.

Plane Touched

The csr reps (gms) of rift are pretty much useless. They don't play the game and have almost no idea how the game works at all. I'm surprised they know what TD is. But this is a bug that gets fixed then comes back in a later patch for some reason. So do not believe the GM. This is a bug that Rift team does not have the resources to fix at the moment.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

We had this bug in TDNM the other day. Intel is one of the few reasons that LFR/T1 is still run these days. This bug needs to be fixed asap and Intel also needs to be added to iRotP.

Also, a LFR/T1 raid weekly that rewards a few Legion Datagrams would be nice and bring some more activity in there again. Actually you might want to change the rewards of all existing weeklies and zone event payouts a bit, as the current rewards aren't very appealing for most end game players anymore.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Wow that's embarrassing. I would have just told that person "no, you are quite clearly wrong", link him to a forum patch or something, or even link him to this thread, otherwise they'll still end up replying with utter garbage.

This is a horrible bug, destroys TDNm and 2hr token farms.
    Last edited by Refuge; 06-14-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Champion

Don't allow the ticket to be closed, continue to reply to the email you get and request it be bumped up. CS objective is to close as many tickets as they can as quickly as possible. Just keep requesting it remain open. I realize this puts the burden on the customer but it's the only way that works.

Shadowlander

Default Thank you

Thank you guys for the replies and support. I will not close the ticket at the moment. I am still looking for more info so the more people reply to this thread the better. I still haven't found any "official" info regarding the repeatability of the intel farm (though I know that lfr stuff can be repeated as much as we want per week because they don,t have a lock).

Shadowlander

Default Closure

Ok, so after linking this thread in my ticker and asking to talk to someone else I got a reply that made more sense.

" I apologize for the confusion this issue has caused. I've made some changes on our end, so I want you to try completely closing your game and patcher, and then log back in. This will trigger our authentication servers and should cause everything on your account to refresh. If you’re still having this issue after logging back in, please update this ticket.

I have awarded you the intel for one run. If you encounter any further issues regarding TD, please report them via the bug feature in game in order to provide us with valuable information regarding this issue."

Though I do not know what got changed, and overal I could have used the extra time I took to deal with that issue to do another TD for intels.
    Last edited by Paprica; 06-16-2018 at 11:52 AM.

I thought the bug was that if you entered physically into the zone, you could bug out the intel, however if you join through the LFR, then it won't. Unless i read something wrong in the OP's post. I do hope they fix it though
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Well this still continues to persist, despite there being supposed fixes in the patches. I can't fathom why they haven't fixed this yet, as this completely puts me off doing 2hr TD ez runs or TD Nm to help lowbies. That results in players not wanting to raid or buy transcendent tokens, which then leads into a loss of appeal and no incentive to fork out real money for plat or credits.

Surely it's an easy fix on their end...
    Last edited by Refuge; 07-07-2018 at 01:27 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread