+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Onebutton
  • 1 Post By Seshatar
  • 1 Post By Merlin666

Thread: Is this real? Good grief

Default Is this real? Good grief

Hey, i submitted a ticket to Trion to remove my ascend-a-friend list since the friend list bug is probably not going to be fixed and here is what i got. I don't ever remember being asked these types of questions. FYI. I don't even use Steam. Just checking before i give out any info like this. thanks!
    ------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your RIFT account. In order to make changes to your account, we will need to verify your ownership via email.

To verify ownership, please provide all applicable information:

What was your childhood nickname?
    What is your oldest cousins first and last name?
    Date of birth on file (mm/dd/yyyy):
    Your RIFT or Defiance Game product code:
    First and Last name:
    Last 4 digits of the credit card on file (if any):
    PayPal email address on file (if any):
    Steam ID64 (You can find this ID by copying and pasting your Steam Community Profile link into this web page: https://steamid.io/):
    The creation date of your account (mm/yyyy):
    Glyph Tag (including 4 digit number):
    Character and Server name:
    Order/Transaction IDs:
    Billing Address:
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Let me live again. Let life come find me wanting. Spring must strike again against the shield of winter. Let me feel once more, the arms of love surround me, telling me the danger's past, I need not fear the icy blast again!"

Rift Disciple

Default really?

I wouldn't know where to find half of that information even if I thought it would continue a meaningful CS discussion ( hint: it won't).
    Deepwood- Linn, Mina, Mordana, Nif, Sif
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

I was asked the same back then via live chat. This action is irreversable and is on account level not in game, so they have to ask. You don't need to provide ALL of them, if you give 3-4 so they can verify you it's fine.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    I was asked the same back then via live chat. This action is irreversable and is on account level not in game, so they have to ask. You don't need to provide ALL of them, if you give 3-4 so they can verify you it's fine.
    I submitted back a response saying basically I'm not sure how i feel about responding to all of these questions lol, and if we could simplify the questions to insure ownership!

I have never seen this type of response from CS, so being cautious. Gotta be careful these days.
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Let me live again. Let life come find me wanting. Spring must strike again against the shield of winter. Let me feel once more, the arms of love surround me, telling me the danger's past, I need not fear the icy blast again!"

ive had them ask these questions before when doing a rollback on my account which i requested after i was hacked..
    the first two questions are the security questions you would have set up when creating the account
    the rest of it will be 'best guess' if you know it or leave it blank/explain why if you dont have it

just try to give them as much info as possible and im sure they will help you

good luck!

I personally would just leave the ascend-a-friend list as is, rather than provide all of that.

I have seen this come up before - I'm guessing games will outsource this service, as I've seen mention of it on other game forums as well.

The problem I have is it seems to ask for information that was never provided. (Unless that matches your security questions, but I've seen other posters elsewhere report this was not the case.) So why would I want to provide that heretofore private information to ... well, to whom, really? lol

Get ready for the request to provide a picture of your driver's license, and other sensitive ID that I can't even remember now ...
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Thanks for the replies. I had hope a Dev would have chimed in and said, yes that is normal and our process, so without that, i am holding off for now and will just suffer with the huge ascend list populating

Let's hope they can fix that at some point. it would be cleaner too.

i don't get it. i don't mean to come off as a jerk but they only asking you to verify somehow that that account is yours, not a big deal. if your really that uncertain about who you talking to then i guess you could always fly down to there office and speak to them in person as I'm sure they would love the visit from you. if you choose to do that don't forget to bring the answers to the above said applicable questions ...
    -> Morrewin@faeblight lvl67 -> Christinuum@wolfsbane
    -> Anywho@faeblight lvl70 -> Lyie@hailol
    -> Seagrams@hailol lvl65 -> Gaviil@hailol
    -> Chrisss@greybriar lvl69

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    i don't get it. i don't mean to come off as a jerk but they only asking you to verify somehow that that account is yours, not a big deal. if your really that uncertain about who you talking to then i guess you could always fly down to there office and speak to them in person as I'm sure they would love the visit from you. if you choose to do that don't forget to bring the answers to the above said applicable questions ...
    "I don't get it. I don't mean to come off as a jerk" - that's all I needed to read, because you are. If you don't have anything to contribute to the conversation, why say anything at all.

Some people are more concerned about their account being hacked than others (me among them). I don't see anything wrong with the way the OP is approaching this issue.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    "I don't get it. I don't mean to come off as a jerk" - that's all I needed to read, because you are. If you don't have anything to contribute to the conversation, why say anything at all.

Some people are more concerned about their account being hacked than others (me among them). I don't see anything wrong with the way the OP is approaching this issue.
    Maybe you missunderstood him now because you refused to read his full answer.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    Hey, i submitted a ticket to Trion to remove my ascend-a-friend list since the friend list bug is probably not going to be fixed and here is what i got. I don't ever remember being asked these types of questions. FYI. I don't even use Steam. Just checking before i give out any info like this. thanks!
    ------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your RIFT account. In order to make changes to your account, we will need to verify your ownership via email.

To verify ownership, please provide all applicable information:

What was your................?
    What is your .............................?

Date of birth on file (mm/dd/yyyy):
    Your RIFT or Defiance Game product code:
    First and Last name:
    Last 4 digits of the credit card on file (if any):
    PayPal email address on file (if any):
    Steam ID64 (You can find this ID by copying and pasting your Steam Community Profile link into this web page: https://steamid.io/):
    The creation date of your account (mm/yyyy):
    Glyph Tag (including 4 digit number):
    Character and Server name:
    Order/Transaction IDs:
    Billing Address:
    The first two questions: I would have other questions here and only someone with the authority can ask me these special questions. Nobody knows them except you and an authorificated GM. You should delete your personally questions here.
    Last edited by Maelya; 06-14-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Other big MMORPGs do this too btw, they also often request photos of ID cards, passports or drivers licenses to verify you are the account owner.

Some examplse that got official responses to it:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9952095890

There would be no need to block anything on the ID and in fact if information is blocked out we may not even be able to accept it, I know sending your ID anywhere is always daunting but let me reassure you again that it is used once for the issue it is requested and then destroyed.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3082028757

In order to recover the account you have 2 options.

The first option, and most easiest, is to phone us. You mentioned you had the authentication keys for a couple of different accounts in your home so be sure you have them all when you phone. Once you are able to properly verify if the account, we will link it to your current Battle.net account, update your contact information, and unlock the WoW account. Once you are able to log into this account, you would then submit a ticket if anything appears to be missing.

The second option, if you choose not to call us by phone, is to send over a copy of your government issued photo ID. One of the responses in your ticket advised you to review http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/40149 The section concerning sending in your ID falls under section 4: "Recover Your Account". Submit the required documentation and you should be golden.
    Most of the info Trion requested isn't very critical and you don't have to answer all the questions. I'd just skip the very private ones and answer the stuff that is in your Glyph account anyway:
    • Glyph tag
    • Transaction IDs (see Transaction History in your Glyph account and just pick a few)
    • First and last name
    • RIFT product code (if you still have it)
    • Character and server name
    • Creation date of your account (usually the month/year when you hit level 10 achievement on your first RIFT char)

Trion got this info anyway in your account, so you really don't give them anyhing new - you just verify yourself. (If you ever added a PayPal or Credit Card they have that info and your Billing Address too, btw.).

I assume the first 2 infos they requested are your security questions, so you also might have to answer these 2.

Also make sure, you always update they ticket in the support system and not via e-mail. You can just go on the official support site, look for your open tickets and and insert the info there. This way it can't be an e-mail scam.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 06-14-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

bhahaha omg.. I needed to change email some time ago and couldnt because of that
    I was so confused after first two quesitons

What was the name of your first stuffed animal? - what??? nothing like that in my past
    Who are you secretly in love with? (first and last name) - what??? who??
    Date of birth on file (mm/dd/yyyy): - I remember! but I dont remember if I wrote my real birth, because why?
    Your RIFT or Defiance Game product code: - whats that??
    First and Last name: - Trion doesnt know that so how can they verify?
    Last 4 digits of the credit card on file (if any): - Trion doesnt know that so how can they verify?
    PayPal email address on file (if any): sorry, no paypal
    Steam ID64 (You can find this ID by copying and pasting your Steam Community Profile link into this web page: https://steamid.io/): - I have steam but no Rift on it so.. Trion doesnt know that so how can they verify?
    The creation date of your account (mm/yyyy): where check this? I only remember year
    Glyph Tag (including 4 digit number): where was that thingy?? I think I saw something like that in Glyph many updates ago on main screen but not now.. I asked GM but he didnt know where this could be
    Character and Server name: ok that I can know
    Order/Transaction IDs: what?? applied codes? "I applied Tuskar in year/m/d" something like that?
    Billing Address: Trion doest know that so.. yea?

lets see, I could answer on birth (if I wrote the real one), account creation (if lvl 10 achiv is enough), maybe glyph tag if you tell me where is it, char and thats it... heh but it was not enough for Trion to change my email..

does it makes sense? I wrote to GM from my account, so I knew password etc.. If I wasnt me and my account was hacked this person after log in would know answers like creation, glyph, char, and rest (credit card, paypal, history etc if I had that).
    Last edited by TankGirl; 06-16-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Thank you guys for all the replies. I think if i decide to submit any info, i will just probably answer 3-4 of them like you guys suggested, but for now, i just decided not to pursue.

The reason I submitted this here, was just to see if it seemed legit. You know you get a lot of spam these days and people trying to hack you.. I like Trion and sometimes you can never be 100 percent sure if someone was trying to pretend to be them to get info from you, but i am pretty sure it is from Trion now, and just a bit overwhelming was all and just seeing what people thought in here! Many thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread