+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 4.5 release date and PTS update?

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft View Post
    What I expect from 4.5:
    New chronicle
    Real new PvP map
    New PvP gear set
    New expert dungeon(s)
    Reconsedering fragments system
    Return of Android/IOS App (Bug free )
    More minion slots
    These are the least you can do about a great game like rift ;)
    I wouldn't get your hopes up
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.

What I expect from 4.5:
    New chronicle
    Real new PvP map
    New PvP gear set
    New expert dungeon(s)
    More minion slots
    More minion slots to devalue crafting mats even more? Well, actually it might be the only thing of your list with a realistic chance to get into 4.5, as it costs credits to unlock those slots.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 550+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Rift Disciple

Default new pvp gear set

What I expect from 4.5:
    New chronicle
    Real new PvP map
    New PvP gear set
    New expert dungeon(s)
    More minion slots
    new pvp gear set? that's hilarious.
    Deepwood- Linn, Mina, Mordana, Nif, Sif
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Plane Walker

What I expect from 4.5:
    I think we are far underestimating what the least they can do is.

I'm wondering however, about the tidbit I saw at PCGamer recently about Defiance 2050 launching in July. Is the rift team contributing to that and taking away from their own efforts? And are they not telling us? I don't want to assume but when we don't hear anything (it's like the devs have gone dark on the forums... darker than normal), it makes my imagination start churning.

pcgamer bit posted 6/13

On a slightly related note (again that overactive imagination) I wonder perhaps if we are overestimating what the rift team can do. Didn't they start creating the game in like 2006/2007? So they were working on content for the beginning of the game like three years in advance. Are we seeing now the results of three years ago, rift slowing down their content creation? Again, all I have are questions. No dev answers just makes me ask more.

As I've wondered in a separate post, when will they open source things (or something similar) so that we can get some sort of fan created content (no I don't mean dimensions). Of course it would have to be appropriately vetted but I mean, why not?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post
    I think we are far underestimating what the least they can do is.

I'm wondering however, about the tidbit I saw at PCGamer recently about Defiance 2050 launching in July. Is the rift team contributing to that and taking away from their own efforts? And are they not telling us? I don't want to assume but when we don't hear anything (it's like the devs have gone dark on the forums... darker than normal), it makes my imagination start churning.

pcgamer bit posted 6/13

On a slightly related note (again that overactive imagination) I wonder perhaps if we are overestimating what the rift team can do. Didn't they start creating the game in like 2006/2007? So they were working on content for the beginning of the game like three years in advance. Are we seeing now the results of three years ago, rift slowing down their content creation? Again, all I have are questions. No dev answers just makes me ask more.

As I've wondered in a separate post, when will they open source things (or something similar) so that we can get some sort of fan created content (no I don't mean dimensions). Of course it would have to be appropriately vetted but I mean, why not?
    I think it is safe to say that, yes, a lot of manpower has been pulled from Rift to other projects. As for overestimating... i'd say yeah. A lot of people are asking for new content as if there is a big team working on a content drop. I doubt that is the case.

As for player created content. No way, won't happen. They won't release any sort of tools to allow players that much control. Plus it would just make them look bad.
    Deepwood- Linn, Mina, Mordana, Nif, Sif
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Quote Originally Posted by Innomorata View Post
    I posted this in another thread also. I think long-time player perception is partly to blame. They are used to viewing Rift as a large AAA mmo. It WAS that once. But it isn't now. Now it is a small F2P game like many others. It fits right in in those lists of "50 best free mmos". You have to play it like one: don't expect much from limited dev hours, most dev attention will be to cash shop, when you find a bug it won't be fixed, just shrug and say "meh, it's free". This adjustment in attitude will save you some irritation.
    It's more simple than that from my point of view.

If trion want me to pay for Rift, they have to release content.

I have a year-sub patron. I will renew it only if they give me content to justify the price of a year patron pass. They have 174 days to release content for live.
    I don't expact as much content as the beginning of Rift, but i expect something taht can justify the fact they haven't relased anything since Vostigar peaks.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2