• 3 Post By Skiye
  • 1 Post By Taluluu
  • 4 Post By ConcreteDonkies
  • 2 Post By Waseem2k
  • 1 Post By Waseem2k

Thread: Rift Prime....

Soulwalker

Default Rift Prime....

So just returning back, I am a player back when Rift first started. I heard about Rift Prime but then I heard there is no PVP? I mean Rift was all about PVP when I played what happened???

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Taluluu View Post
    So just returning back, I am a player back when Rift first started. I heard about Rift Prime but then I heard there is no PVP? I mean Rift was all about PVP when I played what happened???
    decrease of population happened. it's hard to pvp when nobody play the game.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Hard to play the game when there's no new content
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Soulwalker

This is so bad, I keep reading about some Dev letter. Did that ever come out and did they divulge what the grand plan was for the future of Rift??

Shadowlander

This is so bad, I keep reading about some Dev letter. Did that ever come out and did they divulge what the grand plan was for the future of Rift??
    have you not looked in the other sections of the forums or on the webpage? its not hidden

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerNumber2 View Post
    have you not looked in the other sections of the forums or on the webpage? its not hidden
    I must have missed it. I don't see any listing on the forum of the official Dev Letter. Could you be so kind to help me with my oversight and link it?

Champion

I must have missed it. I don't see any listing on the forum of the official Dev Letter. Could you be so kind to help me with my oversight and link it?
    I can summarize it for you.

Summerfest will come, they promised to look into class balance (that should have been addressed a year and a half ago), and planar fragments (same). Focus on making Prime better and no new content for Live players for as far as the eye can see.
    Last edited by Skiye; 06-13-2018 at 02:13 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I can summarize other as Summerfest will come, they promised to look into class balance (that should have been addressed a year and a half ago), and planar fragments (same). Focus on making Prime better and no new content for Live players for as far as the eye can see.
    Holy Cow, nothing about restoring larger raids or PVP!!!! What the heck has been going since I have been gone....smh?!?! So that has been the extent of Trion's communication to their player base?!?!? I have seen this road before with other MMO's and the path it is going is not good for the players. What a shame, sounds like they could care less on how much we express our feelings for Rift.

So that has been the extent of Trion's communication to their player base?!?!?:
    The best part is that it took em about four weeks to write that letter.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Holy Cow, nothing about restoring larger raids or PVP!!!! What the heck has been going since I have been gone....smh?!?! So that has been the extent of Trion's communication to their player base?!?!? I have seen this road before with other MMO's and the path it is going is not good for the players. What a shame, sounds like they could care less on how much we express our feelings for Rift.
    Don't know what to tell ya, they spent most of their resources on Prime as soon as Starfall was released, We got sub par 10man raids. BoS is probably the worst raid ever released by Trion. The have effectively split their player base and that is never good for any game. We were promised changes to live as soon as Prime was released and the only changes we got mainly affect Prime. Warriors are still in a terrible spot. Eternals are still broken. There is nothing to do and the player base continues to decline. It often feels like they are purposefully trying to get rid of players.

Rift Disciple

Default BOS worst?

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Don't know what to tell ya, they spent most of their resources on Prime as soon as Starfall was released, We got sub par 10man raids. BoS is probably the worst raid ever released by Trion. The have effectively split their player base and that is never good for any game. We were promised changes to live as soon as Prime was released and the only changes we got mainly affect Prime. Warriors are still in a terrible spot. Eternals are still broken. There is nothing to do and the player base continues to decline. It often feels like they are purposefully trying to get rid of players.
    BOS worst? I ran Minds of Madness first time last night, and if I had been playing when it was current raid content, I would have left the game probably. bulls-hit spikes traps, lag and auto-run bugs sending you off the edges of cliffs to terrible respawn points, bulls-hit invisible bubbles killing you as you run for no good gameplay reason, etc
    Last edited by Innomorata; 06-13-2018 at 06:38 AM.
    Deepwood- Linn, Mina, Mordana, Nif, Sif
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Quote Originally Posted by Innomorata View Post
    BOS worst? I ran Minds of Madness first time last night, and if I had been playing when it was current raid content, I would have left the game probably. ******** spikes traps, lag and auto-run bugs sending you off the edges of cliffs to terrible respawn points, ******** invisible bubbles killing you as you run for no good gameplay reason, etc
    Have you actually cleared BoS?

MoM was a lottttttttttttttttttttttttt better than any raid in SFP. BoS is 3 bosses of boring mechanics. (MoM had 9 that were actually fun)
    Last edited by Maltie; 06-13-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Default boring vs cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Have you actually cleared BoS?

MoM was a lottttttttttttttttttttttttt better than any raid in SFP. BoS is 3 bosses of boring mechanics.
    Yes I've cleared it. But I'm a returning player from the first couple years of launch, back since a couple months ago. I haven't had BOS on farm for 6 months or 9 months or what have you, to get so tired of it. But yeah, I'll take slightly boring over cheap and dirty tricks any day.
    Last edited by Innomorata; 06-13-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Quote Originally Posted by Innomorata View Post
    Yes I've cleared it. But I'm a returning player from the first couple years of launch, back since a couple months ago. I haven't had BOS on farm for 6 months or 9 months or what have you, to get so tired of it. But yeah, I'll take slightly boring over cheap and dirty tricks any day.
    Because of various updates to gameplay mechanics as well as the so called 64 bit patch and various other reasons, a lot of things are currently broken in MoM. When it was current, it mostly worked. There has never been a bug free raid release. Mini Arak had broken bubbles that held a lot of progressing guilds back. However, there was more content and a lot of it was fixed pretty quick. Hell even Arisen Arak kept us busy for the last few months of Nightmare Tide because we were the only other guild that decided to progress on it after farming the first 8 bosses for 6 or so months.

Come BoS, the first boss is the only boss that had some effort put into it and can still cause issues for many guilds. Second Boss has rng ontop of rng. Bubbles everywhere, mines that randomly wander into the raid that has nowhere to move because one shot bubbles and a barrier. Tanks randomly getting chunked because everything decides to hit at the same time. Last boss being a complete pushover.

This is what we got after waiting almost a year, we got a sub par 10man with only 3 bosses and rng on loot drops. Preserver loot anyone? At least Nightmare Tide still had some direction. This expansion just seems like huge money grab.

Rift Disciple

Default EQ/EQ2 raids vs Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Because of various updates to gameplay mechanics as well as the so called 64 bit patch and various other reasons, a lot of things are currently broken in MoM. When it was current, it mostly worked. There has never been a bug free raid release. Mini Arak had broken bubbles that held a lot of progressing guilds back. However, there was more content and a lot of it was fixed pretty quick. Hell even Arisen Arak kept us busy for the last few months of Nightmare Tide because we were the only other guild that decided to progress on it after farming the first 8 bosses for 6 or so months.

Come BoS, the first boss is the only boss that had some effort put into it and can still cause issues for many guilds. Second Boss has rng ontop of rng. Bubbles everywhere, mines that randomly wander into the raid that has nowhere to move because one shot bubbles and a barrier. Tanks randomly getting chunked because everything decides to hit at the same time. Last boss being a complete pushover.

This is what we got after waiting almost a year, we got a sub par 10man with only 3 bosses and rng on loot drops. Preserver loot anyone? At least Nightmare Tide still had some direction. This expansion just seems like huge money grab.
    My mmo history is in EQ and EQ2, and Rift raid design is far from the best I have experienced. I don't like to compare one game to another, and I know a lot of players are from a WOW background, but the raids in EQ/EQ2 were far better imo. They had inventive mechanics rather than cheap tactics and RNG.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

+ Reply to Thread