+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: About Rift Prime, interesting, but...

  1. #16
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    No it wasn't.

    You had 2 factions, which most MMOs have. It was not PvP centric at all, because the PvP DID NOT matter. You could play on PvP shards and run around and mock each other on an open killing field for no purpose at all.

    I saw no reason to join or do PvP during the launch and after that into Storm Legion. If you had elements of zones or key buildings to be owned by either faction, then it would be PvP centric. It was 2 factions disliking each other based on beliefs, despite both made stupid errors, nothing else.
    None of the MMOs which doesn't focused on PvP not have two factions stuff, most PvE focused MMOs rather have classes/races instead of factions. If you watched trailers and see amount of PvP shards more than PvE shards on original launch, can easily notice that game was PvP centric,even if you check forums itself when dungeons/raids section and adventures in telara sections has 15k total forum threads and around 230k posts, PvP section has 24k forum threads, 543k posts itself.

    I can understand you don't like PvP but denying this game was originally PvP centric is funny, that faction unification effected whole lore and we saw that Regulos who was introduced as real baddy wasn't our actual enemy but Crucia, like tempest bay being hub for both factions on SL etc.

    When PvE population become drought on HK launch and progress like I said above we got faction unification even on that period there was more PvPers than PvEers on the game.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  2. #17
    Plane Touched Gharn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I can understand you don't like PvP but denying this game was originally PvP centric is funny, that faction unification effected whole lore and we saw that Regulos who was introduced as real baddy wasn't our actual enemy but Crucia, like tempest bay being hub for both factions on SL etc.
    Question really is how fast did the PvP shards shorten down and became merged vs. the PvE shards? I played during beta and pretty much concluded there was no reason for playing on a PvP shard, unless it was the random grief while doing PvE you liked. Nothing important to capture, no downside killing camps and so on. Attacking main cities was just a slug fest for what? Favor? Yay! >_<

    The unification doesn't matter. It's a STORY and stories evolve. It started out as a hate towards each other, but what is the point when something more bad wants to end both sides? Now Crucia is no longer the danger, but more of a lesser evil to deal with the Tenebreans.

    I don't read pvp sections, but safe to say it's likely a spamfest of QQ, whine, tears, OP classes threads, cheats and random screenshots of people flexing their healing or damage numbers. Not a lot of that has any relevant info to anything being PvP oriented.

    Only previous MMOs mastered this well, or currently EVE Online as said, but it's vastly different to "regular" MMOs.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

  3. #18
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    Question really is how fast did the PvP shards shorten down and became merged vs. the PvE shards? I played during beta and pretty much concluded there was no reason for playing on a PvP shard, unless it was the random grief while doing PvE you liked. Nothing important to capture, no downside killing camps and so on. Attacking main cities was just a slug fest for what? Favor? Yay! >_<

    The unification doesn't matter. It's a STORY and stories evolve. It started out as a hate towards each other, but what is the point when something more bad wants to end both sides? Now Crucia is no longer the danger, but more of a lesser evil to deal with the Tenebreans.

    I don't read pvp sections, but safe to say it's likely a spamfest of QQ, whine, tears, OP classes threads, cheats and random screenshots of people flexing their healing or damage numbers. Not a lot of that has any relevant info to anything being PvP oriented.

    Only previous MMOs mastered this well, or currently EVE Online as said, but it's vastly different to "regular" MMOs.
    PvP shards didn't die like you claim, fun fact EU's most populated shards were PvP ones on vanilla, Whitefall then Icewatch and Icewatch was famous with its own ability lags.

    Trion after unifaction basically killed PvP by theirself, alienated PvP players, made PvP objects like side feature needed for being best on PvE enviroments etc.

    Even games own guild quest mostly focused on PvP like every week previously 2 quests of 3 quests available to do was win warfronts and kill players granting favor etc.

    I bought this game for PvP purposes after hearing team who made EQ2 was behind it and specially for names like Hartsman etc then turned into raider like becoming raid and guild leader of Heresy on vanilla then switched to Special Olympics on ID progress.

    As a guild master of one of the biggest guild on vanilla and raider of one of the top ranked raiding guild, we basically suffered amount of available players until unification but after unification we could easily recruit guardians on our shards.

    Many players were focused on PvP and PvP population was more than PvE players, I don't know how did you play vanilla at all.

    Features like PvP souls, PvP rifts, PvP only stats, exp locking for low level PvP etc all was pointing how much PvP was like main target, after unification and specially on SL PvP abandoned and PvP players alienated.

    I seriously do not care if PvP resurrected right now same for PvE, I just want trion showing they care for game, instead of empty promises.

    I asked same question and pointed my concerns for Prime before they launch, even said prime will stay for max 3 4 months knowing how trion focused on game.

    Original launch had 130 devs including engineers, artists and designers right now art team is belonging whole trion so they serve stuff depending on queue of it (thats my assumption which is only logical way), engineering mostly done by 2 guys focused on rift and other engineering needs shared by other engineers on trion when needed, designers like 4 to 5 people.

    So when they claimed they gonna serve vanilla experience for to people it was good dream but so hard to accomplish, I personally asked many times for increasing team member count, open beta for prime etc but of course mostly comments from people like me do not get consideration because we are not looking things thru pink glasses. I always said what I believe is truth, when trion does good thing I applaud, and support them but when they not I will say what's wrong for their and games own good.

    I hope one day trion will remember their eldest child and make it great again but don't know when its going to happen.
    Last edited by aileen; 06-09-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  4. #19
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    EU's most populated shards were PvP ones on vanilla, Whitefall then Icewatch and Icewatch was famous with its own ability lags.

    Icewatch was the shard i rolled with on day one of early access and it was never PvP.


    It eventaully became so bloated with players it got split into what's now Gelidra and Zaviel today.

  5. #20
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Icewatch was the shard i rolled with on day one of early access and it was never PvP.


    It eventaully became so bloated with players it got split into what's now Gelidra and Zaviel today.
    Oh yea my bad I meant Icewatch had most pvp activities on pvp dailies they were amazing to do on Iron Pine Peak, Stillmoor and Shimmersand.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  6. #21
    Soulwalker Volorian68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    PvP shards didn't die like you claim, fun fact EU's most populated shards were PvP ones on vanilla, Whitefall then Icewatch and Icewatch was famous with its own ability lags.

    Trion after unifaction basically killed PvP by theirself, alienated PvP players, made PvP objects like side feature needed for being best on PvE enviroments etc.

    Even games own guild quest mostly focused on PvP like every week previously 2 quests of 3 quests available to do was win warfronts and kill players granting favor etc.

    I bought this game for PvP purposes after hearing team who made EQ2 was behind it and specially for names like Hartsman etc then turned into raider like becoming raid and guild leader of Heresy on vanilla then switched to Special Olympics on ID progress.

    As a guild master of one of the biggest guild on vanilla and raider of one of the top ranked raiding guild, we basically suffered amount of available players until unification but after unification we could easily recruit guardians on our shards.

    Many players were focused on PvP and PvP population was more than PvE players, I don't know how did you play vanilla at all.

    Features like PvP souls, PvP rifts, PvP only stats, exp locking for low level PvP etc all was pointing how much PvP was like main target, after unification and specially on SL PvP abandoned and PvP players alienated.

    I seriously do not care if PvP resurrected right now same for PvE, I just want trion showing they care for game, instead of empty promises.

    I asked same question and pointed my concerns for Prime before they launch, even said prime will stay for max 3 4 months knowing how trion focused on game.

    Original launch had 130 devs including engineers, artists and designers right now art team is belonging whole trion so they serve stuff depending on queue of it (thats my assumption which is only logical way), engineering mostly done by 2 guys focused on rift and other engineering needs shared by other engineers on trion when needed, designers like 4 to 5 people.

    So when they claimed they gonna serve vanilla experience for to people it was good dream but so hard to accomplish, I personally asked many times for increasing team member count, open beta for prime etc but of course mostly comments from people like me do not get consideration because we are not looking things thru pink glasses. I always said what I believe is truth, when trion does good thing I applaud, and support them but when they not I will say what's wrong for their and games own good.

    I hope one day trion will remember their eldest child and make it great again but don't know when its going to happen.
    I commend you Aileen but we are wasting our time to deaf ears on a dieing game. I know I have struck a few nerves as they have warned and banned me several times when I call out the repeated false info just to keep the cash cow flowing! The truth hurts!I might be back after they ban me again just to be a thorn!! LOL (sniffle sniffle oh here comes the ban hammer please Trion....nah I'm just kidding ban away LMAO!)

  7. #22
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Rift was actually PvP centric with having 2 factions, not being able to join a guild with other faction etc or even couldn't form raids with other faction even on PvE shards.

    Let's check how many PvP shards and PvE shards were there on launch by going this old wiki
    Original launch had 48 PvP Shards including PvP-RP ones, 45 PvE Shards including PvE-RP ones and 3 full RP shards.

    Almost all lore was focused on which faction going to come over cultists and write future on what they believe, resulted all warfronts were actually trying to get relics, objects belong to cultists and take over them, Port Scion which is actually original "Conquest" warfront focused Faction vs Faction vs Endless.

    RIFT's current Game Director was original head of PvP development as well.

    RIFT still had many pvp focused patches , changes till Storm Legion and faction unification.

    One of the reason of faction unification was actual drop on vanilla playerbase, after disastrous Hammerknell launch, due to reasons like difficulties of bosses, bugs and delayed gates etc cost many raid guilds quit on HK launch as well.

    When ember isle introduced most raiding guilds actually didn't have enough players from their own faction as a result of faction unification we were able to form raids, guilds etc with each other faction, this even caused problems with healing etc like people turned pvp mode on while raiding.

    Even games own trailer when you launch game is focused on open world PvP, two defiants were casing guardian which all of us know, which you can see it again on below.

    Watch this trailers too


    Specially this one


    then tell me RIFT wasn't pvp centric specially after this words of Daglar, "because players are most dangerous game".

    Anyway let's get the point what I was saying on other post, while I know you trying to "transfer" what we have been told, I'm asking this once again with more detailed way as a person did you believe this to happen at all for the possibility of having another prime server with even PvP ruleset on with how currently things are going on?
    Nice work! Kudos for actually bringing the real to the forums of what Rift's pvp focus was. I'm shocked that anyone quoted an unreliable source who has made unbeneficial and unverified comments before. Comments that split the playerbase rather than helped grow it. The details here support that Rift did indeed have a strong pvp design and feature in this game.
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 06-09-2018 at 02:28 PM.

  8. #23
    King of Slackers
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    644

    Default

    RMS Titanic (/taɪˈtænɪk/) was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early hours of 15 April 1912, after colliding with an iceberg during its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City. There were an estimated 2,224 passengers and crew aboard, and more than 1,500 died, making it one of the deadliest commercial peacetime maritime disasters in modern history. RMS Titanic was the largest ship afloat at the time it entered service and was the second of three Olympic-class ocean liners operated by the White Star Line. It was built by the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast. Thomas Andrews, her architect, died in the disaster.[2]

    Titanic was under the command of Capt. Edward Smith, who also went down with the ship. The ocean liner carried some of the wealthiest people in the world, as well as hundreds of emigrants from Great Britain and Ireland, Scandinavia and elsewhere throughout Europe who were seeking a new life in the United States. The first-class accommodation was designed to be the pinnacle of comfort and luxury, with an on-board gymnasium, swimming pool, libraries, high-class restaurants and opulent cabins. A high-powered radiotelegraph transmitter was available for sending passenger "marconigrams" and for the ship's operational use.[3] Although Titanic had advanced safety features such as watertight compartments and remotely activated watertight doors, Titanic only carried enough lifeboats for 1,178 people—about half the number on board, and one third of her total capacity—due to outdated maritime safety regulations. The ship carried 16 lifeboat davits which could lower three lifeboats each, for a total of 48 boats. However, Titanic carried only a total of 20 lifeboats, four of which were collapsible and proved hard to launch during the sinking.[4]

    After leaving Southampton on 10 April 1912, Titanic called at Cherbourg in France and Queenstown (now Cobh) in Ireland before heading west to New York.[5] On 14 April, four days into the crossing and about 375 miles (600 km) south of Newfoundland, she hit an iceberg at 11:40 p.m. ship's time. The collision caused the hull plates to buckle inwards along her starboard (right) side and opened five of her sixteen watertight compartments to the sea; she could only survive four flooding. Meanwhile, passengers and some crew members were evacuated in lifeboats, many of which were launched only partially loaded. A disproportionate number of men were left aboard because of a "women and children first" protocol for loading lifeboats.[6] At 2:20 a.m., she broke apart and foundered with well over one thousand people still aboard. Just under two hours after Titanic sank, the Cunard liner RMS Carpathia arrived and brought aboard an estimated 705 survivors.

    The disaster was met with worldwide shock and outrage at the huge loss of life and the regulatory and operational failures that led to it. Public inquiries in Britain and the United States led to major improvements in maritime safety. One of their most important legacies was the establishment in 1914 of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), which still governs maritime safety today. Additionally, several new wireless regulations were passed around the world in an effort to learn from the many missteps in wireless communications—which could have saved many more passengers.[7]

    The wreck of Titanic was discovered in 1985 (more than 70 years after the disaster), and remains on the seabed. The ship was split in two and is gradually disintegrating at a depth of 12,415 feet (3,784 m). Thousands of artefacts have been recovered and displayed at museums around the world. Titanic has become one of the most famous ships in history; her memory is kept alive by numerous works of popular culture, including books, folk songs, films, exhibits, and memorials. Titanic is the second largest ocean liner wreck in the world, only beaten by her sister HMHS Britannic, the largest ever sunk. The final survivor of the sinking, Millvina Dean, aged two months at the time, died in 2009 at the age of 97.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

  9. #24
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Let's check how many PvP shards and PvE shards were there on launch by going this old wiki
    Original launch had 48 PvP Shards including PvP-RP ones, 45 PvE Shards including PvE-RP ones and 3 full RP shards.
    I agree with you. But I noticed a mistake on that page. Immerwacht was a PvE Server. I started in March 2011 on Immerwacht.
    Last edited by Maelya; 06-09-2018 at 08:24 PM.

  10. #25
    Shadowlander sceptre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Yeah Everquest 2 killed the pvp, sadly I kinda like that game. But the problems with EQ2, that game isn't meant to be for pvp. Totally unbalance.

    Now for Rift, it is a lot better than EQ2 imo. But still someone gonna have disadvantage and complaining about something. Same thing happen on World of Warcraft too. Blizz kept changing skills, talents and other details around too much. I remember when WoW first came out, I had a blast and missed the good ol' days esp on pvp. Just not like that anymore and infact they have taken out so much roleplaying features out of that game.

    On World of Warcraft, back then I did however enjoy working up my skills, buying arrows for my hunter and keeping my pet happy. Guess a lot of players were complaining and Blizz took them out

  11. #26
    Plane Walker MissGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptre View Post
    Yeah Everquest 2 killed the pvp, sadly I kinda like that game. But the problems with EQ2, that game isn't meant to be for pvp. Totally unbalance.

    Now for Rift, it is a lot better than EQ2 imo. But still someone gonna have disadvantage and complaining about something. Same thing happen on World of Warcraft too. Blizz kept changing skills, talents and other details around too much. I remember when WoW first came out, I had a blast and missed the good ol' days esp on pvp. Just not like that anymore and infact they have taken out so much roleplaying features out of that game.

    On World of Warcraft, back then I did however enjoy working up my skills, buying arrows for my hunter and keeping my pet happy. Guess a lot of players were complaining and Blizz took them out
    THIS!!!!
    But here is my two cent, don't put it in the game if it was never going to be a priority!! EVER!!!!
    PRIME NO LONGER HAS PVP!!! I get it , that it was not intentional but why have it in the game at all then??? I'm gonna tell you right now that half the or more than half the mmorpg players are pvp savvy! When it is not an option in any game, say goodbye to people because SMH, it's a part of the reason people show up to your game ! You either get rid of it all together or don't invite it period! I have been pvping since the launch of mmorpg's and trust me on this, most people want that option in a game.

    So, yeah Prime is sinking because of that reason(one of the reasons), the reason that pvp is a glimmer in the back of the game's mind. Do you realize how many people showed up to this game to play that alone? come on!!!!

    But here it goes, ...Trion won't be successful till they get it. You need that player base!!!!! Pvp is what keeps half the game alive!!! I know because I am one of them and so are many of my guildmates on PRIME. Now, I go to live to pvp....seriously..its sad.

    And bring back the damn pvp ranks to prime again, already!! Why was that even taken out???

    Lot's to figure out Trion but it's a little too late. I mean who wants to stick around anymore? Not many...Prime is DYING!!!!!!! and yes one of the reasons is lack of pvp, so put that in your pipes and smoke it. Because as far as I can tell/see is that the only ones left are those that love their guildmates so much, and also the ones who put so much effort into their toons are left. I personally am ready to be done after supporting this game for years upon years.

    where is the diversity that the game had originally??Pvp was one of them.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

  12. #27
    Shadowlander sceptre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    One thing for sure if you succeed doing this, you gotta be creative and also need to spend a lot of time on it. It is not like one time deal that everything is done, you will have to stick around for months trying to make thing smooth, so the players are happy with it.

    So becareful what you do, esp listen to players that want this or that, that can really ruin the game itself. Happen to most MMOs out there.

  13. #28
    Rift Disciple Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    103

    Default Over and over again,

    Don't you guys are bored of empty promises ? I'm just curious because everyone is sharing feelings about the game but nobody cares isn't it. Even if we try our best to explain something we are getting answer like I'm sending this to team we dont have ETA yet and blah blah.

    I just want to know what will we see in near future. I dont wanna hear empty promises I just need to know do we see a new raid, dungeon, expansion, new zone or new event.


    Even if rift has a small team what they are working on ? It's good that they add some kinda balance updates but that was just a small one.

    I'm just doing repetitive things and its simply boring. Why trion is not caring playerbase ?

    Why we cant get clear answer ? Is rift team have some kind of problem that we didn't know ?

    I'm not expecting too much thing from rift team but expansion came out about 1.5 years ago and we are doing the same things everyday.

    For a god sake can someone save this game...
    Last edited by Omerr; 06-10-2018 at 02:36 AM.

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Last Dawn

  14. #29
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptre View Post
    Yeah Everquest 2 killed the pvp, sadly I kinda like that game. But the problems with EQ2, that game isn't meant to be for pvp. Totally unbalance.
    I know, I mentioned EQ2 cuz best days of EQ2 when Hartsman and his co. was around thats why I bought RIFT and specially hoped same or better experience I will get on it.

    So far RIFT is only MMO, I keep returning after quiting, didn't touch WoW since 2009 and do not think I'll return ever because specially graphics is top reason for it.

    I just really wanna see RIFT becoming best again, we need content and things to do ingame, stuff like auction house, artifacts etc nice but not actual multiplayer experience except selling and buying them but things like dungeons, raids, warfronts are actual multiplayer experience and as a top end hardcore raider on vanilla and whenever I played, I can easily tell you even hardcore raiders did PvP lots on vanilla and you had designated raid days, times even when playing for world first kills, when we were not doing raiding we mostly did PvP on this game.

    RIFT's problem is alienating players and player bases, first PvP community died now PvE community is dying, I hope they will fix this before it's so late.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  15. #30
    Shadowlander Malificarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Behind a big heavy desk
    Posts
    48

    Wink

    The posts from people in this thread claiming Rift wasn't PVP focused, or that it didn't have open world PVP rewards or inducements are hilariously ignorant.

    Clearly they didn't even play the game in the first couple years.

    I seem to recall endless slaughter at PVP rifts, daily PVP quest hot spots being a non stop killing field, proudly linking my hard earned PVP focus in guild chat and even the earliest days of summoning zone specific raid bosses by murdering enough blues that they would stop flipping certain wardstones so we could summon them and call in the rest of the guild, giving our more junior members first pick of the loot. Also virtually all the balance patches were focused around PVP, not raids. Raid balance came way later.

    But yes PVP wasn't really a thing in Rift. Sure.

    I'll grant you this was all a long time ago. But if you weren't there why make the claim you know what you're talking about?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts