+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Please make VOLAN relevant again!

Default Please make VOLAN relevant again!

Volan is by far the best event ever made and it must have cost a lot to program this amazing event. In my opinion, this event should always be re-balanced to a level 70 event (he should hit much harder) and have chances on amazing rewards.

- Weekly quest that rewards 1.000 Captured Intel, 250 Legion Datagrams and 50 sparkles for the patron monthly quest
    - 50 Captured Intel and 25 Legion Datagrams per event stage completed, 100/50 on kill
    - Medium chance on mounts, companions and wardrobe bundles on kill
    - Medium chance on T1 gear
    - Low chance on Eternal Armor pieces

The event should also have a fixed schedule and only pop up once day on every cluster (choose one shard that runs the event only).

My recommendation:
    Mon 6pm ST
    Tue 8pm ST
    Wed 6pm ST
    Thu 8pm ST
    Fri 6pm ST
    Sat 2pm ST
    Sun 4pm ST

This way everyone should be able to complete the event at least once a week and it's not able to farm it off too much.

I think, as Conquest is planned to also only run a few times a week, an in game event schedule would be nice! Also maybe a server announcement 30min before event start.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Telaran

Default Volan

Yes! We want upgraded Volan, best event ever!

Soulwalker

That would be great!

BMX
    Champion

Seshatar,

On the Volan front, I agree to the extent that it be on par with the event however, it should be fresh an set a precedent at this point. This precedent should indicate that the dev team is again bringing content forth that is new, imaginative and shows that they actually care about the community as a whole!

There were some changes and tweaks mentioned lately that might also improve the lack of QoL.

Here's the deal, we have not had new content until TD EZ came forth. Right away it was made Intrepid, we got iRoTp and BoS was a one room, 3 boss experience. With BoS being fresh, it needed more of a raid style environment that was indeed available.

All the intrepid content has been ok, I guess however, the community has not seen it as great, like we did in vanilla and other expansions. Playerbase numbers have suffered severely due to this and gambling. Delivery of content has also been too far and few between. Bring back the franchise to what it can be with opportunity, with immersive experiences in content.
    Banned

Volan was an awesome event, although I tend to agree with the above post that new content should be the emphasis at this point.

I agree with the original post with the exception of the fixed schedule. Players in differing time zones, second and third shift workers as well as others bound to odd schedules already suffer from missing the opportunity to play in 'prime time' and the benefits of the quicker queue times. Being totally alienated from such a popular activity would not be fun at all.

+1 this idea
    |AoC|Exposure|Mutiny|Crayons|Virus|Trinity|DoT

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Seshatar,

On the Volan front, I agree to the extent that it be on par with the event however, it should be fresh an set a precedent at this point. This precedent should indicate that the dev team is again bringing content forth that is new, imaginative and shows that they actually care about the community as a whole!

There were some changes and tweaks mentioned lately that might also improve the lack of QoL.

Here's the deal, we have not had new content until TD EZ came forth. Right away it was made Intrepid, we got iRoTp and BoS was a one room, 3 boss experience. With BoS being fresh, it needed more of a raid style environment that was indeed available.

All the intrepid content has been ok, I guess however, the community has not seen it as great, like we did in vanilla and other expansions. Playerbase numbers have suffered severely due to this and gambling. Delivery of content has also been too far and few between. Bring back the franchise to what it can be with opportunity, with immersive experiences in content.
    I would like to second some of these thoughts and add a slightly more elevated idea

go in and rehash the gear drops that came from these, make it so if we go in and master these at a mentored level we could have other oportunities at aquiring T1 grade gear and re invigorate chieve farming on Vanilla, SL and NT raids and Sudo ZEs like the RoS world events, Dendrome release events, Volan, Fragment of Kaaz'Ra and the like on Dusken, and Leviathan let us mentor down for old raids and these ZEs like we would for other activities that allow us to mentor and get lv 70 grade relevent rewards

you guys love rehashing and this small adjustment to gear and drops could buy you a bit more time with all the old content made worth replaying for us here on live the way Prime is attempting to grind the broken versions of it all

BMX
    Champion

At this point, we deserve content that is fresh, really fresh. The idea of everything intrepid is less likely to be attractive enough to the dormant player.

Revenue stream is only as strong as playerbase numbers. Since this (Trion) is a business, they need to deliver to increase the playerbase. That delivery needs to be on a scale that will bolster interest in a very positive way. It would be great if the team out did themselves and received renown on some of the game publications! Think of how powerful that advertising is, in and of itself!!

Break out a damn nice SL sized expansion, make the content amazingly immersive and promote the daylights out of it! This franchise deserves that, don'tcha know!!
    Banned

Default Great Idea

The event is also a hallmark for teaching mechanics and very relevant lore in a very fun way.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Seeing as i'm a slacker i'll just copy and paste my suggestion for Volan from well over a year ago.

Thought a bit more on the Volan angle and it seems like it would require a lot of time and resources to have him attack Sanctum/Meridian....but, if Volan wouldn't come to the lowbies, bring the lowbies to Volan.

The tech is already there, just have a Cluster wide warning that the Volan event is about to start soon would you like to port there? up pops a teleport button and everyone gets ported there, use the Instant Adventure tech to bring everyone up to level 60, job done, new players get to experience Volan.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5324932

It's true, I think we ourselves without realising have put our expectations so low that we wait in anticipation for the next 'exciting' possibility of 'new' rehashed content. Saying this, Volan is definitely one of those that deserves a second breath of life.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Shadowlander

Such a great idea (to make Volan relevant). I would always drop what I was doing and RUN to a volan event! PLEASE make it relevant and fun again! VOLAN! VOLAN! VOLAN!!!!
    Last edited by blizzard60; 06-10-2018 at 10:52 AM.

The concept of players tackling a giant boss doesn't bother me, but I think the execution of Volan left a lot to be desired for me.

The first issue was the crippling lag. Shard hoppers contributed to this, sure, but the mix of event rarity and the rewards it put out over time compared to other events artificially inflated the traffic.

The second issue was the relatively blah nature of the conflict. The first phase basically had him standing still while we chipped away at his body parts for 10+ minutes. Melee specs also had a harder time contributing with parts moving out of range regularly while being more prone to damage. The second phase goes on to introduce adds, but with this being a mix of defense and DPS race, there were a lot of Volans where I saw this phase fail either due to lack of "organization" or server conditions contributing handily to player performance.

Now, the later phases get more interesting since player controlled cannons come into play, but it's otherwise a repeat of stage one with some different attacks and people having to ping-pong across the platforms. The rare moments of being able to get on his back should have had greater purpose, but in the end were a more a consolatory nod to those suffering melee specs. More cannons would've been nice.

In the end, should they revisit the idea of a giant zone boss, I want it to be an encounter that spans the whole zone it spawns in in a random order of operations. More manned defenses should be littered about. Things like vehicles for players to fight with and ride on between phases should be a thing. Maybe have non-combat objectives that'd let players cobble together a Voltron-esque counterforce to help the effort. Power up options to make someone temporarily gigantic could be a thing, too. Basically, a little more Attack on Titan, little less tank and spank raid boss.

BMX
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by blizzard60 View Post
    Such a great idea (to make Volan relevant). I would always drop what I was doing and RUN to a volan event! PLEASE make it relevant and fun again! VOLAN! VOLAN! VOLAN!!!!
    And make another "Intrepid"??

I vote fresh...
    Banned

Plane Touched

Default Volan used to rock- but...

I just can't help but think that either Volan would be reworked then drop nothing of any value- or have a value based on luck. Sorry- I know I am cynical but there are reasons for this. As BMX said- please- not Intrepid Volan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast