+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread: Should Conquests Make a Comeback?

Conquest was pretty fun... when was it - 6 years ago? I can't remember when I last played it.

Are there enough players to regularly fill 3 full PVP raids though?

Plane Touched

It was fun at level 50 and full servers. As Aileen wrote, one should consider the actually situation. Many things had changed and the last battles were not played anymore.
    Last edited by Maelya; 06-03-2018 at 03:30 AM.

Default Yes

If it is introduced along the lines of what Producer Archonix discussed on the June 1 livestream, yes to both.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 06-02-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Default NO CQ

Add a new content to the live server, it will be better

Plane Walker

As long as it does NOT do two things:

- Take any time away from iGSB development

- Mandatory for pve raiders like it was originally

Super Super Super Super Super Yes!

But you must also bring back the pvp Changes that had been done before the pre-Nightmare tide, so you could boost the rift population by a big margin.

Other than that, seems like we are going in the right direction.

Yes.

Trion should also chat with some of the players who actively played/led in CQ to get some feedback on how to improve it and make it better.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

First take a brief look at one of the primary reasons Conquest was deemed a failure.

During the first two years of Conquest being an available activity it was generally considered a success in regards of participation.

The final two years of Conquest demonstrated a consistent decline in activity.

Why?

The primary difference between these two periods in Rift's history is the playerbase of pvp enthusiasts. I would suggest rebuilding a pvp community through other means prior to the reinstatement of Conquest, otherwise the exact same issues that plagued Conquest will do so once again.

as i always wished, you should make something like dark age of camelot. just make a pvp zone with 3 factions, 3 towers and a central keep to be captured.

There are 3 major issues with Conquest:

- No commander

You cannot have large scale pvp without a commander, except if you want a chicken farm to be more organized than what going on the PVP map. Elsewhere you have community servers to handle this or if there shall be no voice chat you need a command wheel or something. Because of the lack of a commander, we had the everlasting back and forth if premades should or shouldn't be allowed.

- Maps not state of the art

Siege engines missing, destructible walls missing, castles to defend/conquer missing. And what's there (all these extractors) is kinda boring as it doesnt create too interesting scenarios and situations. It's telling that the second Conquest map got removed, never to return, however the original map feels like a placeholder for what Conquest should be.

- Not rewarding

Apart from a super low RNG chance to get an upgrade token, Conquest wasnt rewarding. If you wanted the good stuff you did go raiding, you didnt go conquesting.

So overall Conquest needs a massive overhaul. Otherwise its just there, but it isnt too exciting.
    Last edited by Ongar; 06-02-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Ral
    Rift Master

I loved conquest at its inception and through SL, but no, it should not come back at this point.

The dev team in NT lacked the resources or was unwilling to support conquest, and let it languish for a year while it's neglected state caused it to be not worth bothering for most. This lead to 20 man premades vs 2-3 randoms on other teams that were mostly just afk. This just turned to 5 man premades when the limit was changed (the only attention it received in a year) but by that point no one really cared anymore and it made no real difference.

Unless the dev team gains the resources from Trion itself to not only support conquest the way it deserves, but other aspects of the game as well, any efforts to activate it will simply lead to it being neglected, ignored and misused again.

At this point Rift really needs to bottom to top reevaluation as a whole before it can hope to compete. I thought possibly Prime could do this, but it seems unlikely that Prime can complete in a reasonable time being paced no faster then live. It also seems likely Prime will evolve the same issues live already has when the dev team does not have the resources to support all level points/aspects of the game simultaneously for neither Prime nor Live let alone for both.
    Last edited by Ral; 06-02-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Yes, for live. i don't care or play Prime so maybe yes to both since people enjoyed it.

The only thing to consider is to try and prevent a full premade from entering the zone until another group of 20 has formed, because sometimes you would enter and a full premade group would come in and get all bases and end the game in 5 minutes, because only a few were on the other teams.

Another thing: Add better (a lot better) prize rewards for actually winning such as cool mounts, cool pvp AND pve items and perhaps even a rare chance at a storm cell!(hehe)! true! If the incentive is there and prize rewards are *good* then you might get guilds forming to play against the PVP premades, which would/could create better balancing.

Add new achieves!
    Last edited by Onebutton; 06-02-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Shadowlander

NOT BEFORE VERY THOROUGH BALANCE CHANGES IN PVP

You guys cannot in any seriousness bring back Conquest with the current state of PVP in live or prime. It will be a complete troll fest. Do you guys remember CQ leaders filling raids with at least 5 dominators because of their mass CC abilities? Imagine that but now just imagine it filled with tanks and healers. It will either be complete chaos capturing extractors, or it will be a **** show fighting over one extractor as no one dies.... If you want proof, check my latest video, a simple 10v10 and no one dies with just a couple healers and a couple tanks. Imagine a raid filled with healers and tanks.... it will be the biggest joke ever. Again SERIOUS balance changes needs to happen in PVP before conquest can come back with any seriousness.

THE state of Rift Live PVP... I'm sorry that I don't have Prime's state, because it's completely dead.

Wasn't a fan, but I'm also not a PvPer. As others noted, one of the cardinal mistakes of early CQ was basically tying exclusive and useful (let's face it, mandatory in MMO speak) rewards to the system. CP was just salt on the wound.

Well, since there isn't a PvP population large enough to fill Warfronts to capacity regularly, I don't see what the point of trying to revive CQ would be. Regular old Warfronts still need help. There's still massive imbalance and the pain of trying to gear up. Nobody wants to spend hours upon hours upon hours grinding for PvP gear or hunting for decent PvP fragments. Try addressing issues there first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast