+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: June 1 Livestream Summary

Default June 1 Livestream Summary

Copied from The Ghar Station here: https://www.thegharstation.com/2018/...y-june-1-2018/

Thank you to Holyroller for helping fill in some of this info!
    • Captain Cursor jumped in right at the start to scare everyone because he can. And did.* My ears are still ringing as I write this.
    • Yaviey is returning as Rift’s Community Manager, with Brasse returning to her duties in a Director role.
    • Balance work is not done. *Warriors are still the focus. *The team knows that balance changes are long overdue and is needed. *
    • They are evaluating things like legendaries, eternal weapons, cleric healing and dps, and warrior dps. *They want to get this fixed up before they add a new tier of content, because adding bigger numbers on top of broken balance causes problems.
    • Shiny Shenanigans might be coming back. *No ETA.
    • The team is happy to see how constructive the Legendary Abilities forum thread turned out to be.
    • The team is updating PTS to allow both Live and Prime testing to run simultaneously after the lack of Live testing on the Prime balance changes that occurred on PTS’s Omega server.
    • Some legendaries and ability locations will be shifting in the trees. *Expect changes in the near term.
    • Fragment upgrade prices are being looked out, targeting for June, but could slip to July.
    • Live store is being looked over top to bottom. *There is a lot of stuff there that does not set a positive perception, and are not high sale items in the store. *It makes no sense to keep those items there, so they are looking to remove them.
    • Re-reviewing the Challenge 2 winners. *Thanks to Keepro & Clowd.
    • Summerfest start date is scheduled for July-ish. *Hopefully this will not slip into August.
    • Scott Hartsman (CEO of Trion Worlds) joined in on the stream to participate and presumably show his support for Rift and the Rift team.

Q: ETA on the two Horn wardrobe models that were shared on the forums. *
    A: Soon-ish.

Q: What will be the new upgrade item for crafting items & eternal weapons?
    A: Unknown right now, a new item level for the next content tier has not been selected.

Q: Will there be changes to mechanics of bosses in GSB?
    A: Maybe? Going to look at least at pulling bosses to the entrances.

Q: Will there be additional ways to obtain Legion Datagram without running BoS?
    A: Punted to Tacitus. In chat: “More added to activities outside of BoS”

Q: Will you be giving us some weeklies like you did in SL and NMT (Dendrome and PTW open world weeklies) with likewise currencies for Live PoA?
    A: No plans to add these to Live with PoA at this time.

Q: Still planning on Moonshade/Droughland IAs?
    A: No.

Q: Unisex tutu for wardobe? Need this for male dwarfs!
    A: Uhh… good question

Q: When will the new datamined dragon mounts come out?
    A: While we do love datamining, just because you find it there doesn’t mean we’re ready to talk about it. *There ARE plans for them.

Q: Fatestone for the Tyrant’s Throne zone event Leviathan?
    A: Not out of the question.

Q: Will you do “gigantic” raids again?
    A: 10 might be a lot. *The team does not think they will see a raid with more than 5 bosses at one time. *That does not count out a winged raid that might release more than one wing at a time.

Q: Will there be new lockboxes?
    A: Debating this. *Probably under a new format once again. *Making something “not ****ty” (team’s words). *There are people who do enjoy lock boxes, but the team is always evaluating them. *The team is looking for ways to make lockboxes more “stellar” and interesting.

Q: Conquest on prime?
    A: This has been discussed. Ideas are being thrown around, like opening up twice a week, making it an event thing where everyone is bolstered to a certain level.

Q: Any cool rewards for conquest?
    A: Uhh… we need to decide on Conquest first!

Q: Any more details on RoS opening?
    A: We are reworking the RoS opening event. *It will not be like the launch version, we don’t want to do that fiasco again. *We want to bring this River of Souls related opening event to Live as well.

From chat:

Q: Does the team have any plans to address the platinum issues that a lot of people seem to have? I know that fragments are being worked on, but short of playing the AH or farming crafting rifts all day and selling matrixes, there aren't too many efficient ways to farm the large amounts of plat you still need in the meantime to level up fragments. We haven't heard anything since the nerf to dust
    A: Tacitus: We are interested in places where the NEED for plat is out of whack more than we are interested in arbitrarily increasing the supply of plat.
    Last edited by Clowd; 06-01-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Default Kinda unrelated to Live Stream.

First off - MANY MANY thanks to Clowd and Holyroller. You guys do a bang-up job and a LOT of us really appreciate all your efforts.

And in a somewhat tangential note - In regards to a "summon Zone Event - Leviathan in Tyrant's Throne" lure/item. It's been my experience that Unstable ZE do not spawn in Tyrant's Throne, nor do any other ZE other than Leviathan. ZE spawn based on zone population and time since last ZE. Since none are spawning out there, getting the zone filled up with some people should be enough to get it to work.

We tested the theory (once) last night. We had 15 or so people come to the zone, all on the same shard. Between the time I started recruiting with only 3 folks on the zone and when it actually spawned - it was about 15 minutes. That does not preclude getting a little toy to get this ZE to spawn, but it works in the mean time.

From what I remember, Leviathan would spawn all of the time during NT, but no one ever bothered to do it nor did they know how to do it when/if they arrived which is partly why people skipped. There usually wasn't anyone or at least not a lot of people in the zone at the time of its spawn so i'm curious if that got changed between then and now?

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Soulwalker

With regards to that last segment there.... Callweddi still requires a TON of plat. -.- And even more if you're a dimmer like me and need jellyfish or things like that from the vendors. If plat amount for thing are being cut, can the cost of oh idk 15k plat of glue be reduced?

Thank you for posting this by the way. The rest of the stuff has me looking forward to the future, but as someone who was not around for a lot of NMT, going back to do the puzzles for this is just not feasible for me at this time.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Colynna View Post
    With regards to that last segment there.... Callweddi still requires a TON of plat. -.- And even more if you're a dimmer like me and need jellyfish or things like that from the vendors. If plat amount for thing are being cut, can the cost of oh idk 15k plat of glue be reduced?

Thank you for posting this by the way. The rest of the stuff has me looking forward to the future, but as someone who was not around for a lot of NMT, going back to do the puzzles for this is just not feasible for me at this time.
    I would like to second that, I got this done with the 15k reduced cost but it seems unreasonable with Tok's having no entry costs that Calweddi should be entry upon completing tasks the same as Tok's entry relies upon finding the contraptions in the Celestial Lands, making this a plat sink just precludes too many other players from the content

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Colynna View Post
    Agree with this. I always loved the puzzles available in this game. When I heard about Callweddi, I immediately wanted to set out to do it, but once I discovered that I would need twenty thousand plat to finish it, I didn't even bother starting. Maybe there are plenty of people in this game for whom 20k is an easy number to just acquire and then immediately spend but I am not one of them. It felt like a disappointment that this wasn't so much of a puzzle requiring cleverness and perseverance, as much as it was a plat sink.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Thanks so much for putting this together, guys! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Thanks so much for putting this together, guys! Great work!
    its put together mind keeping us apprised of what looks good to change and what doesnt regardless of your plans so we know for certain which suggestions will be completely discarded and which ones are being given serious merit?

It helps the community to know what you think of our ideas so we can refine the suggestions we make to be more useful to you, if all we ever see is what you end up doing we dont know what you would have liked to do or what you found down right ridiculous to begin with, your feedback is as valuble to us as ours is to you

They are evaluating things like legendaries, eternal weapons, cleric healing and dps, and warrior dps. *They want to get this fixed up before they add a new tier of content, because adding bigger numbers on top of broken balance causes problems.

From this I understand that officially we wont see new tier content update until they are done with class balance
    So any new content may come from September+

To me personally it sounds like it'll be something like this:
    (Note: Pure Speculation)

June - The month of bringing PTS up and getting balance changes and testing on there as well as pushing out some warrior changes that are potentially ready to go.

July - Further testing as well as Summerfest.

August - We may start hearing news about whatever new content (SFP story being continued) and any possible raid that may be coming or zone.

Other things like the store will most likely be changing over the course of those months. It's unfortunate that there won't be much of anything on the raiding side of things, but this is all stuff that needed to happen eventually. Sooner would've been better, but setbacks with Devs like Keyens leaving threw a few wrenches into getting to these issues sooner.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 06-02-2018 at 10:16 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    To me personally it sounds like it'll be something like this:
    (Note: Pure Speculation)

June - The month of bringing PTS up and getting balance changes and testing on there as well as pushing out some warrior changes that are potentially ready to go.

July - Further testing as well as Summerfest.

August - We may start hearing news about whatever new content (SFP story being continued) and any possible raid that may be coming or zone.

Other things like the store will most likely be changing over the course of those months. It's unfortunate that there won't be much of anything on the raiding side of things, but this is all stuff that needed to happen eventually. Sooner would've been better, but setbacks with Devs like Keyens leaving threw a few wrenches into getting to these issues sooner.
    It just amazes me that:

1) enabling PTS to work for live and prime is an actual accomplishment

2) many months of worth on relatively minor balance changes are a major accomplishment. We used to get more changes reguarly in Rift than we will we get in this whole year and, to date, the changes are themed to prime first, live second. Go back and take a look at old patch notes lol - its ridiculous.

3) that fixes to the store - we have been ripping people off for a long time now and so many people have quit over it and now we need to fix it enough to stem the bleeding - qualify as a major accomplisment.

There has been nothing really to suggest that they have the ability or vision to make ANY kind of new content. This was easily the worst expac and despite talk we seem not much closer to correctly balanced classes (they nibble at edges), new content in PVE, new content in PVP, new legit events (hard to believe this company brought us Volan), etc. Literally, every single thing they have done has worked out badly the last two years. I dont know what else to say. If Prime is the big success, then why are there so few raiding guilds there? Why do WF queues take so darn long to pop, why has my friends list there started to resemble lives (very few online) etc. I hate to be doom and gloom but it really feels like rather than struggling this thing is nose diving into the ground and people are talking about better cabin service and the no smoking sign has been fixed.
    Last edited by dundare; 06-02-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

BMX
    Plane Walker

Dundare, this expac was, indeed a travesty on many levels.
    The nerfbat, all the while some classes were left out in the cold with not a buff to be seen.
    It also lacked the imagination or effort to bring forth a raid that wasn't Intrepid, which is nothing more than a repeat.

The other items needed to stem the player exodus has been stated many, many times, DUMP GAMBLING REQUIRED content, period! Return to the style employed during Storm Legion, get your notoriety, go to the store, select the essence, pay the zone marks and planarite, voila! You have the essence you wanted instead of getting stuck with something to runebreaxk. How bloody hard is a simple, well established methodology to replicate in terms of gearing?
    Banned

General of Telara

The game needs content.

We haven't had any new dungeons in well over a year. 4 dungeons for an expansion is ridiculous.

There needs to be more for players to do in general. There is no excuse you could give for the lack of content in this game right now.

Oh and seriously Tacitus needs a team of people not just him to do all of the live content management. I would pause with Toks and ask Simon to help Tacitus in the short term at least to get the many requested changes into the game as quickly as possible.

Plane Walker

Do I appreciate the effort of the devs who are left to continue working on my favorite game. Yeah... Definitely.

But if I go to a restaurant and pay for a high quality dinner and all that came of it were a few moldy dinner rolls and a flat soda I'd demand better. (And a refund)

I paid full price when the xpac hit and have maintained patron the whole time as well. It's not like all this doesn't cost the same as other AAA games out there.

We deserve and should expect better.
    Last edited by Skiye; 06-04-2018 at 02:18 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Dundare, this expac was, indeed a travesty on many levels.
    The nerfbat, all the while some classes were left out in the cold with not a buff to be seen.
    It also lacked the imagination or effort to bring forth a raid that wasn't Intrepid, which is nothing more than a repeat.

The other items needed to stem the player exodus has been stated many, many times, DUMP GAMBLING REQUIRED content, period! Return to the style employed during Storm Legion, get your notoriety, go to the store, select the essence, pay the zone marks and planarite, voila! You have the essence you wanted instead of getting stuck with something to runebreaxk. How bloody hard is a simple, well established methodology to replicate in terms of gearing?
    Couldn't agree more

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast