+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: June 1 Livestream Summary

Plane Walker

Don't forget PvP planar fragments. Yes, it is a a thing. You are lucky to have chose a class where your best in slots or second best in slots boost your damage more than others who primary best in slot is less of a boost and is some of the rarest ever to drop. This is a big problem.

Compare level 3-4 best in slots vs. level 1-2 best in slots and it is something close to 8 drops vs 1 drop. You are allowing some classes to actually purchase 8 lotto tickets for the same price as others who purchased 1 because of how rare the best in slot is to acquire! And I would like to see a war fragment that actually dropped with Tier 1 primary stat. I have never seen one actually drop.

The crazy part of it all is the class with the lower tier best or second best in slots actually scaled their damage or healing higher throughout this expansion and it was only until they band aid fixed the classes which also required the rarest best in slots with eternals and direct balance changes did they ever become competitive.

Something as confusing as this is to explain shouldn't be in the game to be honest. I feel it would be best to streamline all the stats across all the pvp gear including PvP fragments and fix class souls that show a very high dependency on eternals to be competitive and even function properly without requiring it. PvP should not have this much RNG.

PvE fragment cost reduction seems appropriate if you open up the other side since then you would possibly allow enough RNG to be slotted that everyone could possibly maximize their soft caps. However, this would still be very difficult to deal with from players who use multiple roles and even worse for those who multiclass and use multiple roles in each class.. and even more worse for those who multiclass, multirole and play pvp on multiple roles for each class. Imagine how much they would need to invest in fragments.

The cost is high especially for replayability, the drop rate for best in slot primary are extremely low even though there is no significant advantage to acquiring them for some classes because it just places you on par with other classes and in many cases those classes generally perform better even without their best in slot primaries because of class imbalance issues, the secondary stats are almost always terrible for the rarest ones as well.

Over time the requirement for entering raids gets raised naturally. And you keep basing those requirements on players having the best in slots who are spinning some of the highest and rarest fragments found with the PTS boxes because of unlimited chances. With a dwindling live player base, partly due to lack of replayabilty and content, getting rare fragments are becoming increasingly more difficult over time as well.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 06-04-2018 at 10:28 AM.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

For folks looking for more on the Challenge II winner concerns:
    We're working on it!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...rs-issues.html

Brasse

Champion

Default Fragment cost reduction

Just got bored and popped into the forums. So one of the main reasons I left the game over a year ago (fragments) is finally being addressed? I'm actually kind of shocked.

Probably won't be coming back, but hopefully things get easier for newcomers and people trying to gear up and whatnot. I really do hope things get better for those who've weathered the storm.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Just got bored and popped into the forums. So one of the main reasons I left the game over a year ago (fragments) is finally being addressed? I'm actually kind of shocked.

Probably won't be coming back, but hopefully things get easier for newcomers and people trying to gear up and whatnot. I really do hope things get better for those who've weathered the storm.
    They've been "working on them" for a year, don't get your hopes up for this or any meaningful balance.

It's going to sound harsh, but we've been strung along on these two points and more. My opinion wont change until something gets done besides lip service.

Sorry dev's, if theres not enough of you, hire more. If theres not enough money, rethink how its being spent. You (the dev's) know it cause your baby prime is dying also (why else are you giving everyone a free week of patron to try prime).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2