+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 5/18/2018 Developer Stream

Default 5/18/2018 Developer Stream

As always, these are very rough notes I took and tried to get as much as I could, but certain missed a number of things so always be sure to actually watch the recording rather relying, jumping to conclusions or responding just to the notes alone.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/262792314?t=01s

Questions Reference: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...l-patch-q.html

Intrepid Greenscales Blight
    Based on what was stated in the stream, part of the reason and probably the biggest one that IGSB has been delayed is due to a rather large gap that has opened up with a content designer moving on "due to personal reasons". The Devs said they're of course very happy for this person, but it also leaves another big pair of shoes to fill and it's not just a matter of hiring new people and then pushing out tons of new content. These people have to be trained and learn quite a bit before they're able to pick up from where the previous member left off and it's something that takes time. {Personal Note: Thank you for being honest with us in this regard.)

Server Downtime Compensation
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hello all!

The RIFT team is going to apply a bonus XP weekend to both Live and Prime for next weekend (May 26-27) - I do not yet have the build info for the exact date range, but we will post an announcement with the details as soon as we have it (likely early next week).

Please watch the announcement thread next week!
    Brasse
    - A lot of questions couldn't be answered on the live stream as there are certain things they're not ready to talk about, but many of the questions will also help focus the development letter so they can address a lot of those unanswered questions there. Look forward to that on May 31st.
    - New sales will be coming to live as well as some other things this weekend.
    - New power pack going on Sale next week. Three of the packs were given out as prizes on the Stream. The winners will not receive them until the packs going up for sale on the store and then sometime after that they will sent out. Keep your eyes peeled if you won a pack.
    - Live PTS (Alpha) will be coming back up "Soonish" and then will likely (no ETA given yet) start getting into the 2nd round of live specific balance changes for more specific and high end abilities, including legendary abilities. The recent changes allowed them to set a baseline where they can now move forward from.
    IGSB Related - Due to the gap that had been left open, they're currently working out a new and hopefully better schedule with team members based on what set of skills everyone has and what portions of the game people are working on so they can smooth out the development process. The goal is to also better align the development of both versions of the game and admitted that Prime has taken a lot of the focus (again, thank you for being honest) and again, assured us that content is and will continue to be developed for live.

Scott Hartsman Interrupts the Stream
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/262792314?t=07m52s

- Scott stated that he was just in his office with Archonix (prior to entering the stream room) and was being given ideas and things that Archonix would like to start bringing over from Prime to Live. "He was throwing out about 100 ideas".
    Prime and Live "Sibling Rivalry" - One isn't more important than the other, but one of the most difficult things about long lasting games such as Rift is bringing in new players. Everyone in the room has had a lot of experience and all 3 (Scott, Brasse and Amary) have worked on EQ1/2 at certain points together. Prime was and continues to be something that brings in a lot of new players and they have even seen a lot of people start up and or return to live as well. (Watch the stream for the more in depth discussion)
    Mega Server - Prime is currently using their most modern hardware that they have available which is what's allowing everyone from both regions to play together. It's something they have always wanted and would still like to do for live, but it's sort of on the back burner mainly due to technical reasons. The multiple live servers have 7 years worth of data from every person that has ever played and or worked on Rift. It's no easy task to just put everything on a hard drive and copy it over to a new mega server. They are however about 80% of the way there to eventually making one. They do understand that there are certain perks to having multiple servers like farming materials, articts ect, but they also don't see a need for multiple auction houses anymore and there were steps being taken towards the goal until new priorities such as balance and prime came along. A shared auction house across all servers is still in the que.
    - Higher end crafting recipes will be coming to Prime "soon tm".

That's pretty much it or at least what I was able to get.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

I encourage everyone to watch Scott Hartsman talk about RIFT!

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I encourage everyone to watch Scott Hartsman talk about RIFT!
    I was so happy to see him on the stream! I love, love, LOVE HIM.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I was happy we had a chance to show folks how deeply rooted in the games Scott is. He is usually way too busy to hang out on stream!
    Scott does indeed bring his coding skills to bear when needed, especially when teams are trying to diagnose issues.

Now, y'all need to go find out who his character is on Prime, hehe.

Thanks as always for the notes, Holyroller - we really couldn't answer a lot of the questions, but as mentioned, it helped us clearly identify the info that needs to go into the May Dev Letter.
    THANK YOU!
    Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I was happy we had a chance to show folks how deeply rooted in the games Scott is. He is usually way too busy to hang out on stream!
    Scott does indeed bring his coding skills to bear when needed, especially when teams are trying to diagnose issues.

Now, y'all need to go find out who his character is on Prime, hehe.

Thanks as always for the notes, Holyroller - we really couldn't answer a lot of the questions, but as mentioned, it helped us clearly identify the info that needs to go into the May Dev Letter.
    THANK YOU!
    Brasse
    any word on getting a new lockbox to replace the thanksgiving and christmas ones pls?! I wanna buy another $300 worth but not on mounts that no one wants anymore

Thank you HolyRoller, your notes are greatly appreciated, especially for those of use who often miss the start of the stream!

Telaran

Default megaserver?--impossible!!!

you forget about lots of players that created more than 13 chars on each region--I myself have 66 chars on EU region--all valuable-most of them lvl 66-70--no way I'll be able to fit all on one server--same problem on US region--too many for one megaserver

Quote Originally Posted by Batsy View Post
    you forget about lots of players that created more than 13 chars on each region--I myself have 66 chars on EU region--all valuable-most of them lvl 66-70--no way I'll be able to fit all on one server--same problem on US region--too many for one megaserver
    That would be one of the first questions I'd ask too. There's a lot more questions than that to ask in regard to mega servers, but it's best to save them for if/when that actually happens. For now it's nothing to stress over.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Unhappy

Well this livestream was 90% about Prime. PVP was not uttered even once for Live. I guess that pretty much sums it up for PVP. Not expecting much from the dev letter. My hopes sinks that Rift will ever get PVP going again.

So disheartening, the PVP in Rift was some of the best.
    Last edited by Volorian68; 05-21-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Telaran

Volorian i don't know if you play on live too, but the pvp is more alive there than on prime. Give it a try. For what i saw on eu pvp players are a bit less stuff than on na so you may have more chances to devellop some gameplay there and not be killed in repetition.
    see you

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    Volorian i don't know if you play on live too, but the pvp is more alive there than on prime. Give it a try. For what i saw on eu pvp players are a bit less stuff than on na so you may have more chances to devellop some gameplay there and not be killed in repetition.
    see you
    Thanks Sylaen, yes I am on the Live server. I started playing Rift when it launched. My home shard is Seastone and it is a wasteland these days. Other than WarFronts (at which I really enjoy) we have had no new PVP content and all our old content has been removed. I was hopeful when I read that with the launching of Prime PVP in general would get so much needed love. Heck at this point I would be happy with them reinstating our old content.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    ... For now it's nothing to stress over.
    Holy I love your eternal optimism.

On the other hand, back in December I distinctly remember hearing about challenge servers and thinking "what? why? that would just divide us". But I never said anything because 1) the forums didn't lead me to believe this was a thing and 2) I thought it was so ludicrous that how could someone think about doing something like this?

So I will stress over this. Trion seems to have a habit of not communicating about "the big thing" that they think will be a "great idea" and then doing it when actually it seems like most of the people I know and play with are left thinking "really?"

Okay, hyperbole and bad sample sizes aside (I'm sure my viewpoint is not the same as everyone's) I have learned a couple of things during the past several months.

1. Trion does not say everything on the forums. I don't care to go to third party sites or FB or twitter. They need to have a centralized location (i.e.the forums) where everything that they post in those other places can be summarized. This way if you are one of those other places, there is always an official place to come back to that will catch you up on what you may have missed.

2. If it sounds like a crazy idea (especially one that needs testing) then it will probably happen and welcome to the live beta.

3. I'm sure I've learned more than this, but my interaction with this company lately has just made me tired. I'm hoping the dev letter will be awesome. But then I also thought that about the letter back in January (that they made us wait for until after the new year). Underwelming.

> Holy I love your eternal optimism.

It's so much more pleasant than eternal everythingsucksism.

Plane Walker

>

True enough. I am glad he took the time to write up these notes and as you say I should go watch me some Hartsman.

Ascendant

> Holy I love your eternal optimism.

Both the "everything's wrong" and the "everything's fine" people are wrong, that's for sure. But seeing how many people left the game after their *constructive* criticism has been ignored for years, I guess Trion should have paid more attention to the negative posts. In the end, a customer who complains on the forums is way more valuable to a company than a customer who leaves silently, and spends their money somewhere else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast