+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 5/18/2018 Developer Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Both the "everything's wrong" and the "everything's fine" people are wrong, that's for sure. But seeing how many people left the game after their *constructive* criticism has been ignored for years, I guess Trion should have paid more attention to the negative posts. In the end, a customer who complains on the forums is way more valuable to a company than a customer who leaves silently, and spends their money somewhere else.
    Well said! For months players have been trying to communicate with Trion but the questions they want to answer are cherry picked. Which leaves the rest of wondering what just happened?!?!

As you can see by my post count I was never a poster on the forum until I came back after my break.It wasn't because I didn't care, I was too busy playing Rift and running a guild. The game was very social back in the day but now I find myself going from zone to zone with no one but the NPC's to keep me company. So I decided to make my voice heard, I figured I cant complain if I sit on the side lines and do nothing. But unfortunately as stated in the dev stream they are willing to let players asnwer questions without any official confirmation. Nothing against the wealth of knowledge that the player base shares but at the end of the day their statements do not hold any weight without the official stamp from Trion.

If I didn't care I wouldn't be wasting my time right now sitting in my car in a parking lot waiting for my next client meeting. I think all our concerns as paying patrons should be addressed officially. It might not be what everyone wants to hear but at least we know.

Respectfully,
    KingofKings
    <ShadowGuard> formally leader of <DoubleTap>
    Shard Seastone

Shadowlander

Careful I got a 2 week ban for asking the exact thing posted above me...

I too asked about why no one responds and how it makes people feel alienated when there is no reply or feedback to questions asked and most people do not enjoy asking / complaining but they feel compelled to as they love this product but its being let down so much the people running it.

Maybe you will have more luck

Where are the new sales on store and the new power packs , shouldn't they come this week ?

Soulwalker

Idk how much difference it will make as it stands but to me over the past month or so it seems to me at least the population has been steadily declining. Unless peeps are just taking a break till something happens but i fear that might only be a portion. I really do enjoy this game but its disheartening to say the least about live as it stands for new content, quality of life changes, ect. Im optimistic as I really do enjoy my rift time but im also getting concerned.

Shadowlander

Honestly I don't know how much longer we can log in , do Irotp, goto BOS (we still derp on first boss) and then sit there until next week...

We have a great guild of people who log in stay online for some time I guess leveling alts etc. Let's face it leveling alts is pretty much all we have left.

I asked my partner last night who also Rifts why are we even still playing this game? And I was serious. We love this game to absolute death but there is nothing left for us to do..we sit about in TB or Margle and watch the night slide by doing nothing.

Running tdez or minis has become like rubbing glass over your face and the mere thought of doing them once again is painful yet what else is there?

Bless Online arrives this week and I'd say many here will be playing it day one just for something to do..

Trion you need to realise we NEED something to do..please!

Sooooo Dev letter still planned for tomorrow 30/5 ?

They said the 31st which makes sense as they'll probably go into further detail/discussion on the day after during the livestream. Hopefully anyway.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Telaran

Megaserver on Live would be the final deal breaker for me. I have too many alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    They said the 31st which makes sense as they'll probably go into further detail/discussion on the day after during the livestream. Hopefully anyway.
    You were right
    They gonna talk about whats coming to Rift this summer.
    Waiting for the dev letter. Praying for new content

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    You were right
    They gonna talk about whats coming to Rift this summer.
    Waiting for the dev letter. Praying for new content
    No new content for you or anyone on live...
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Rift Disciple

Default alts & shard hopping

Quote Originally Posted by Tarindil View Post
    Megaserver on Live would be the final deal breaker for me. I have too many alts.
    Yeah I don't like the mega-server idea. I find shard hopping too useful for too many things to want to give it up. And I too have alts on other shards, and certainly don't want to have to buy character slots for them cause of a server merge.
    Deepwood- Linn, Mina, Mordana, Nif, Sif
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Volorian68 View Post
    Well this livestream was 90% about Prime. PVP was not uttered even once for Live. I guess that pretty much sums it up for PVP. Not expecting much from the dev letter. My hopes sinks that Rift will ever get PVP going again.

So disheartening, the PVP in Rift was some of the best.
    Oh my gosh!! That is terrible there is no word on what's going on with PVP?!?!?!?! I am a returning player from back when Rift started and the PVP was the best!!!! What happened?!?!?! What is a girl to do....smh!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Volorian68 View Post
    Well said! For months players have been trying to communicate with Trion but the questions they want to answer are cherry picked. Which leaves the rest of wondering what just happened?!?!

As you can see by my post count I was never a poster on the forum until I came back after my break.It wasn't because I didn't care, I was too busy playing Rift and running a guild. The game was very social back in the day but now I find myself going from zone to zone with no one but the NPC's to keep me company. So I decided to make my voice heard, I figured I cant complain if I sit on the side lines and do nothing. But unfortunately as stated in the dev stream they are willing to let players asnwer questions without any official confirmation. Nothing against the wealth of knowledge that the player base shares but at the end of the day their statements do not hold any weight without the official stamp from Trion.

If I didn't care I wouldn't be wasting my time right now sitting in my car in a parking lot waiting for my next client meeting. I think all our concerns as paying patrons should be addressed officially. It might not be what everyone wants to hear but at least we know.

Respectfully,
    KingofKings
    <ShadowGuard> formally leader of <DoubleTap>
    Shard Seastone
    Wow what has been going on since I have been gone?!?! I mean I took a long break due to real life and was hoping Rift was still going strong!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2