+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Like Tree172Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: I found a contraption

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    As usual, i am the dumbest person in the room! Do we need to post that we completed the achievement somewhere, or are you guys simply picking it up through your end and finding everyone who completed it?
    you dont need to post anything at all, the list is generated automatically, everyone who completes the cheevo will be on it

Are we OK to open these contraptions? I might be overthinking on what details might be important but it's bugging me that I don't know for certain that opening the contraptions won't disqualify you in some way.

Lightbulb Whirring Contraption - Freemarch Picture

If you have spent 15+ Minutes looking for the box like I did until I someone told me. Well here's a pic that may help you. Also. It's in the frontside of the broken part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I found a contraption-whirring-fm.jpg  
    Last edited by symbiosis; 06-03-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    Are we OK to open these contraptions? I might be overthinking on what details might be important but it's bugging me that I don't know for certain that opening the contraptions won't disqualify you in some way.
    Yes its ok to open the boxes as you collect each box its added to the completed achievement list, which can be found in Achievements, Zones, Rift, Confounding Contraptions.

Do we know if the contraption scavenger hunt will be staying in the game after the challenge is over as a feature ?

Arrow Staying in

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    Do we know if the contraption scavenger hunt will be staying in the game after the challenge is over as a feature ?
    Yes, but you just have to complete it before that date to be in the draw

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mistynite View Post
    Yes its ok to open the boxes as you collect each box its added to the completed achievement list, which can be found in Achievements, Zones, Rift, Confounding Contraptions.
    Honestly, it's best to save them til at least lv50. I don't know about lv40+.
    Nereius@Faeblight

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mistynite View Post
    Thank you thank you for the achievement location! Now I can stop being paranoid I missed one.

Lightbulb Links to helpful websites

There is a spreadsheet here at this website, where you can download and make your own local copy. For mine I mark in green when I have them. Most (in the spreadsheet) have photo links where they all are.
    http://guidesforrift.com/confounding-contraptions/
    This one is better laid out but has not photos to help see where they are (well for Mathosia anyway):
    http://cadrift.bravesites.com/cheevo...a-contraptions

Question Either my eyes are bad

Quote Originally Posted by darielyia View Post
    The first shot is to show a better picture of where I stood to jump from with the jetpack. If you look straight up from my character in the second shot you can see the contraption
    Either my eyes are bad, but I can't see the contraption in this photo. I also stood in this same spot. I couldn't see it on my screen.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by symbiosis View Post
    Either my eyes are bad, but I can't see the contraption in this photo. I also stood in this same spot. I couldn't see it on my screen.
    I took a couple of screenshots with Memory Capture set on top of the contraption. Also confirmed for myself that you can indeed jetpack straight up to it, although it took a few attempts. Hope this helps.

From location where you can jetpack straight to it:
    I found a contraption-silverwood_jump_location.jpg

From the side:
    I found a contraption-silverwood_contraption.jpg

From the approach when you climb up instead of using jetpack or elf cheats:
    I found a contraption-silverwood_contraption_alt.jpg

Thumbs up Finally got it, and took screenshots up close with my JP on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabalni View Post
    I took a couple of screenshots with Memory Capture set on top of the contraption. Also confirmed for myself that you can indeed jetpack straight up to it, although it took a few attempts. Hope this helps.

From location where you can jetpack straight to it:
    Attachment 33060

From the side:
    Attachment 33058

From the approach when you climb up instead of using jetpack or elf cheats:
    Attachment 33059
    Thanks for the posts and the help in game. This took me 2-3 goes and a lot less tries than the other day. Especially, seeing what I was finally aiming for. Hopefully with a picture of the actual target (with me and the Jetpack in the final position), it will make it even easier for people to spot and get too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I found a contraption-silverwood-humming.jpg  
    Last edited by symbiosis; 06-10-2018 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Added photo with contraption

for those of you still having trouble with the silverwood humming box..
    i have added 2 more videos to my guide for this box, one which an addition to the original video which highlights the mounted jump towards the top of the fallen log
    and a second video which shows you where and how to jump up there with OPIE
    you can find these videos on the silverwood page in the contraptions guide
    http://cadrift.bravesites.com/cheevo...ons-silverwood

i hope this helps

please let me know if you would like more videos/clarity on any of the other contraptions

Quote Originally Posted by symbiosis View Post
    There is a spreadsheet here at this website, where you can download and make your own local copy. For mine I mark in green when I have them. Most (in the spreadsheet) have photo links where they all are.
    http://guidesforrift.com/confounding-contraptions/
    This one is better laid out but has not photos to help see where they are (well for Mathosia anyway):
    http://cadrift.bravesites.com/cheevo...a-contraptions
    For http://guidesforrift.com/confounding-contraptions/ I added in photo links on the spreadsheet displayed there. Will add in the rest just in case anyone wants a listing all together.
    Last edited by Alandar; 06-17-2018 at 08:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12