Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Downtime compensation

Soulwalker

Default Downtime compensation

Servers were down for 11 hours. Some players were unable to login at all for their limited amount of play time. Will there be compensation? There are lots of players that pay for Patron. Due to the extended downtime paying players were unable to access a product they paid for. I believe some sort of compensation is due.

Plane Touched

24 hours is 50 cents at 15 bucks for 30 days, so 25 cent credit should do it for 11 hours.
    Last edited by Drillo; 05-16-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Soulwalker

Players missed out on dailies, zone events, getting a head start on the new event, etc. Fair compensation would consist of something like: captured Intel, sparkle caches, notoriety boosts for SFP zones, xp potions (for those players that would have leveled during these downtime hours), etc. I'm not asking for money but for items that would have been normally earned during these hours.
    Last edited by Sadisticmofo; 05-16-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Drillo View Post
    24 hours is 50 cents at 15 bucks for 30 days, so 25 cent credit should do it for 11 hours.
    Players would consider it the opposite in their eyes if it were like that. They would rather pay 15 bucks for 30 days of actual play time. This means as soon as they log off they won't be playing for the hours they are logged off then and they would have to actually play 720 hours for it to count as 30 days.

In my opinion those who have been patrons for the down times and double/triple restarts or double patching per week or extended down times along with the "blame it on DDOS" attacks should have some compensation for all that downtime. Maybe a week of patron time added at the least. I mean the excuse that it is free to play can only go so far.. and it shouldn't be abused as an excuse for not offering compensation when this is happening almost every other week or so and both live and prime players have to suffer for the problems that eachother have because of each of the types of services are synced for restarts even if just one has a problem.

A week of free patron will for sure bring some players back.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Soulwalker

Prime will probably get compensated and live will get nothing. ive never seen anything like it.

Rift Chaser

I logged in this morning before work for a few mins and nothing..... What a joke? A whole day unable to play and nothing.... And they wonder why their player base is dwindling..... I've only been back 6 weeks and starting to remember why I walked back in 2013....

Default I asked a similar question

Can we get an official response saying yes, no, maybe?

Plane Touched

I would much rather they took the time to release updated working content rather than unfinished broken content because they're forced to worry more about deadlines than quality. I was frustrated yesterday too, but I am much happier with the end result than I would have been with hours of downtime only to result in a rollback with no update. If they had gone that route there would have been another thread on here demanding compensation because the update didn't go through. There really is no winning with some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    I would much rather they took the time to release updated working content rather than unfinished broken content because they're forced to worry more about deadlines than quality. I was frustrated yesterday too, but I am much happier with the end result than I would have been with hours of downtime only to result in a rollback with no update. If they had gone that route there would have been another thread on here demanding compensation because the update didn't go through. There really is no winning with some people.
    There absolutely is winning. It does, however, require releasing content at a reasonable pace with a limited frequency of major issues. The fact is that nearly everything that hits this game's server is both late and severely botched. If Trion wants patience from it's customers, that has to be earned by substantially improving the pace and stability of updates. I I don't think most people would mind if something is occasionally delayed or occasionally doesn't go as planned, but the current state of affairs is just plain ridiculous.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Prophet of Telara

They did absolutely nothing during the multiple EU prime time unexpected downtimes during Carnival, so I don't expect them to do anything for this one.
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteDonkies View Post
    There absolutely is winning. It does, however, require releasing content at a reasonable pace with a limited frequency of major issues. The fact is that nearly everything that hits this game's server is both late and severely botched. If Trion wants patience from it's customers, that has to be earned by substantially improving the pace and stability of updates. I I don't think most people would mind if something is occasionally delayed or occasionally doesn't go as planned, but the current state of affairs is just plain ridiculous.
    Almost the entire dev team has been changed out, including at least one producer since the starfall prophecy nonsense. how about give the new team a chance to catch up and judge them on their own merit instead of prematurely condemning them for trying to fix what was handed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    Almost the entire dev team has been changed out, including at least one producer since the starfall prophecy nonsense. how about give the new team a chance to catch up and judge them on their own merit instead of prematurely condemning them for trying to fix what was handed to them.
    I think you might be mistaken. I can certainly point to several devs who have left in the last couple years. But I struggle to find any examples of staff being added to the team to replace them, with the exception of Amary. All of the evidence points to the team being smaller than ever despite having effectively double the workload. That said, it has been at least four months since she was added to the staff. Do you not think that that is enough time to make any impact that is to be had apparent?
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Shadowlander

Default compensation?

ok, fair option, make the phenominal sparkles quest, a tier 2 armor drop, not tier 1 .
    how will this be fair ?
    you have to be patron to get the quest and hand it in, so only those who really suffered any loss will compensate for it.
    rather than a 1 day, not even that, or patron time, which most of us lose either way at some point , days off, weeks away, this would be a fair, equal idea.
    those who are free to play crying?
    you lost nothing, as you gain nothing on free to play.
    so in its self, its a fair reward if at all to all those true patrons.

Default So, nothing...

Just going to ignore it? hmm... ok.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast