Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Server still down :O

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Server still down :O

Sooooooo... What goodies do we get for this extended downtime

Soulwalker

Apparently Greenscale's massive bulk is causing the servers to go overtime on the update.
    NO ETA AT THIS TIME - will update you when we have more info!
    Brasse

What does Greenscale have to do with the NA/ EU live server update?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter79 View Post
    Apparently Greenscale's massive bulk is causing the servers to go overtime on the update.
    Brasse

What does Greenscale have to do with the NA/ EU live server update?
    The fact that prime and live aren't separate?
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

I have this interesting mental picture of the Trion team trying to shoehorn a massive dragon through a funnel into a server.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yayinde View Post
    I have this interesting mental picture of the Trion team trying to shoehorn a massive dragon through a funnel into a server.

I had a more NC-17 thought.

Soulwalker

Default NO ETA AT THIS TIME

Anytime i do any kind of data transfer of any kind i always see an ETA. Seems to me problem isnt with the transfer of data to the server. Just a guess, the patch is bonked in some way.

Shadowlander

One hopes those of us in EU/UK will not get penalised for missing daily log in....

Soulwalker

Atm, im just hoping for some form of communication on whats going on. This is the 1 thing that drives me mad when crap goes sideways. This obv is not a problem with migration of data to the server. It would never take the almost 5 hours that the server has been down to do. Yet we are being told "Apparently Greenscale's massive bulk is causing the servers to go overtime on the update.
    Brasse"
    This post after this amount of time is obv a bone being thrown our way. How about a little more honesty

Champion

Boy, am I glad that Prime will not take away from Live. /sarcasm

I frankly don't give a rat's furry crack about Prime. It's obnoxious to lock Live because of it. Yes yes, they didn't buy enough hardware or whatever to keep them separate. I just wish they had done whatever they need to do to not have them linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipezilla View Post
    Atm, im just hoping for some form of communication on whats going on. This is the 1 thing that drives me mad when crap goes sideways. This obv is not a problem with migration of data to the server. It would never take the almost 5 hours that the server has been down to do. Yet we are being told "Apparently Greenscale's massive bulk is causing the servers to go overtime on the update.
    Brasse"
    This post after this amount of time is obv a bone being thrown our way. How about a little more honesty
    What more info do you need? I think they've done ok holding us updated of the situation. Is it always a need for some people to dig into negativities, I am thankful if there is problems and issues that they try to fix before going online. I don't wanna DC every 5 min cause they didn't do the proper job. Try to taste some real life for a few hours, it doesn't hurt

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...5-16-18-a.html

Prime: Soulwhisper <3

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    One hopes those of us in EU/UK will not get penalised for missing daily log in....
    We are not penalised, because the reset is tomorrow 16.00 (summertime). And if you missed it, you get all items one day later. The calendar stopped always after 24 days. So you have a few days to catch up.
    Last edited by Maelya; 05-16-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Shadowlander

It's raid time.... just remove that quest or disable it and fix it..
    Officer of Temple of Light, DBozMen@Zaviel

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenia View Post
    What more info do you need? I think they've done ok holding us updated of the situation. Is it always a need for some people to dig into negativities, I am thankful if there is problems and issues that they try to fix before going online. I don't wanna DC every 5 min cause they didn't do the proper job. Try to taste some real life for a few hours, it doesn't hurt

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...5-16-18-a.html
    The problem is not the lack of info provided. Its the info they provided being misleading or unrelated to the actual reason of the length of downtime involved. I quote original post "Apparently Greenscale's massive bulk is causing the servers to go overtime on the update.
    Brasse"

We were told the problem was just a migration of data. This obv was misinformation. Im using that term in the efforts of just trying to be nice. At this point its obv a bonked patch. Im just saying Id rather an honest reason then to be thrown a bone

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    We are not penalised, because the reset is tomorrow 16.00 (summertime). And if you missed it, you get all items one day later. The calendar stopped always after 24 days. So you have a few days to catch up.

People do work!! And the re-set seemed to be noon in the UK, with BST being a factor obv. I thought they handled (as a newb) the mount issue very well; might hope for the same here..

Shadowlander

Default buff nerfs?

so which is it? buffs with the patch? nerfs? what? it says what has changed, but which way, and on what souls?
    do we have to jump on practice dummies too work it out?
    do we have too stand with others too work out if we got screwed over or not?
    are some souls now worthless to raid on ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast