Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 156
Like Tree110Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Server still down :O

  1. #16
    Rift Disciple Shadykadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattscooby View Post
    so which is it? buffs with the patch? nerfs? what?
    Well with 6 hours 15 mins downtime so far, it could even be a full scale Expansion.
    Last edited by Shadykadie; 05-16-2018 at 10:17 AM.

  2. #17
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    40

    Default

    * * * Prime server will not penalize Live Servers * * *

  3. #18
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    People do work!! And the re-set seemed to be noon in the UK, with BST being a factor obv. I thought they handled (as a newb) the mount issue very well; might hope for the same here..
    And as I also wrote: The calendar stopped always after 24 days. So you have a few days to catch up.
    Last edited by Maelya; 05-16-2018 at 10:25 AM.

  4. #19
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    9

    Default

    At this point, i suggest just reverting the files. Its pretty obv theirs a large problem in the patch. Requiring more work/testing. Or we can just keep the server down all day + and hope we just bumble across the problem.

  5. #20
    Shadowlander Dravenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    And as I also wrote: The calendar stopped always after 24 days. So you have a few days to catch up.
    That is the calendar, so how is it with daily patron gift and all loyalty we are missing out?
    It is not postponed and it is lost.
    Takes 3 hours for EU server to be logged in and 3h for NA server to be logged in that makes 6h. At this point in my country it is 9:30 pm so I am not going to be able to play through night to get all I am entitled to get as patron on both NA and EU. The time I'll be able to login tomorrow this days loyalties will be gone.


    Prime: Soulwhisper <3

  6. #21
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Well im tired of waiting. They could have done the smart thing and just reverted servers. So people in other countries dont lose out on daily patron gifts/rewards. As its getting late for them. Instead lets just keep the servers down in hopes we just figure things out. Ill just go on about my day i guess. Pointless to keep waiting for the server to come up. Obv at this point they dont intend to bring it up till they get this patch working, which can be another hour or 12 hours...

  7. #22
    Shadowlander Dravenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Log in between May 16 – May 31, 2018 to claim an Itsy Bitsy Dragon Hoard!

    This bag can be claimed by ONE character per Prime account. Inside the adorable Verde gazes back at you. He is bringing a gift of his own: a Platinum Planarite Pouch and 5 Sigils of Primal Valor!

    What’s more, in response to popular request, and because Archonix really IS a nice guy, all Prime accounts will receive one extra character slot on Vigil with the patch on May 16th. What new character will YOU create?

    Thank you for playing on Prime, and good luck on the raid!


    https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...13-soul-patch/
    Last edited by Dravenia; 05-16-2018 at 11:18 AM.


    Prime: Soulwhisper <3

  8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snipezilla View Post
    Well im tired of waiting. They could have done the smart thing and just reverted servers. So people in other countries dont lose out on daily patron gifts/rewards. As its getting late for them. Instead lets just keep the servers down in hopes we just figure things out. Ill just go on about my day i guess. Pointless to keep waiting for the server to come up. Obv at this point they dont intend to bring it up till they get this patch working, which can be another hour or 12 hours...
    Usually a "simple revert" can take longer than actually fixing what's wrong. It's not as easy as pressing a big red button and suddenly having everything be ok.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks


  9. #24
    Shadowlander Dravenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Usually a "simple revert" can take longer than actually fixing what's wrong. It's not as easy as pressing a big red button and suddenly having everything be ok.
    Will it still take a long time before the servers are up? It is now 10:30 pm in my country and I am not able to play 6 hours to gain my daily loyalty on NA and EU server, are we going to have any compensation for that and daily gift?
    Then I also play on Prime so I appreciate some answers of duration or is it any use to stay and wait anymore tonight?


    Prime: Soulwhisper <3

  10. #25
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Usually a "simple revert" can take longer than actually fixing what's wrong. It's not as easy as pressing a big red button and suddenly having everything be ok.
    Hello,

    Just use the same procedures which you used to make the patch work on your Pre-Production/UAT/Test environments, where you surely tested the finalized package.

    Best Regards,
    Unhappy EU Customer

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dravenia View Post
    Will it still take a long time before the servers are up?
    I can't speak for this as I'm not currently working on this issue, others are.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlienF View Post
    Hello,

    Just use the same procedures which you used to make the patch work on your Pre-Production/UAT/Test environments, where you surely tested the finalized package.

    Best Regards,
    Unhappy EU Customer
    All the patches are tested, things just sometimes don't always go as planned once they are deployed. And if you want the same procedures, then well you might be in for a surprise because we haven't yet developed a way to instantaneously patch servers, it still takes a long time internally.
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 05-16-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks


  12. #27
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dravenia View Post
    That is the calendar, ....
    Yes, and I referred also only the calendar. No one of us had written about affinity points. Hereward wrote also in his second post about the "mount" issue. So my answer was in some way affirmed.
    The "affinity points" are your toppic.

    Oh, and one could have also corrected me friendly, instead of writing "People do work!!". Im not responsible for the waiting time. Only my opinion.
    Last edited by Maelya; 05-16-2018 at 11:42 AM.

  13. #28
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlienF View Post
    Hello,

    Just use the same procedures which you used to make the patch work on your Pre-Production/UAT/Test environments, where you surely tested the finalized package.

    Best Regards,
    Unhappy EU Customer
    Here is the point : the package is not relevant talking about Rift infrastructure as it is not a simple software but a virtualization based environment.
    There is not package for servers as they are separate specialized instances of virtual machines. So everytime they encounter a bug such as deployment and state bugs to areas, they have to repackage the whole system, OS included and to make a test serialization test against the database.

    The only relevant package is the ones that are deployed client side.

    As we actually know, it is the GSB instance image wich actually cause problems (i suspect it is not registering right with the database and instance ID status)

  14. #29
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    All the patches are tested, things just sometimes don't always go as planned once they are deployed. And if you want the same procedures, then well you might be in for a surprise because we haven't yet developed a way to instantaneously patch servers, it still takes a long time internally.
    Hello,

    If this happens, then you have a serious flaw in your processes and systems, which you can't overlook and pray it goes away on it's own. I'm not talking about instantaneous patches. I'm talking about using equal environments, backups, mirrors, whatever and trying the entire patch on it before actually affecting Prod. More than once if required.

    Best Regards,
    Unhappy EU Customer

  15. #30
    Telaran BigBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlienF View Post
    Hello,

    If this happens, then you have a serious flaw in your processes and systems, which you can't overlook and pray it goes away on it's own. I'm not talking about instantaneous patches. I'm talking about using equal environments, backups, mirrors, whatever and trying the entire patch on it before actually affecting Prod. More than once if required.

    Best Regards,
    Unhappy EU Customer
    In this day and age, I would have thought they tested all patches and updates on mirrors that are exactly the same too. If not their tech team sucks.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts