+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Soul Patch Feedback!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL: Soul Patch Feedback!

Full Patch Notes:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...16-2018-a.html

Share your thoughts with us here!
    Brasse

General of Telara

The notes about buff stacking groups. The list doesn't actually state which groups they are in, only which buffs were changed. Could you plese clarify or perhaps list the stacking groups or am I being thick.

Yes I posted quick again^^

Live testing best testing
    Nixia@Greybriar

Plane Touched

I think this may help... not sure if anything was added/changed.

Player_Passive: all talents and passive skills/abilities including Synergy Crystals.
    Player_Active: all active buffs a player can put on him/her-self.
    Legendary_Skill_Buff: all the active bonuses form Legendary Skills, sometimes they are multiplicative with eachother inside the group!
    Player_Debuff: all debuffs on target that can be used only by player.
    Legendary_Skill_Debuff: debuffs coming from Legendary Skills that can be used only by the player.
    Damage_Modifier: toggled skills and certain passives that reduce/increase your damage by x% (e.g. Plaguebringer from Reaver).
    Raid_Active: all active buffs that are shared with others in party/raid.
    Raid_Debuff: all debuffs on the target that are shared with others in party/raid.
    Legendary_Weapons_Buff: the bonuses from Legendary Weapon raid buffs fall here. Note that for Primalists these fall into Player_Active category for some reason!
    Masteries: all the passive/active damage bonuses provided by Masteries.
    Mitigation: damage reduction due to targets Armor/Resist values.

Soulwalker

The changes to Souls are very welcome, but are these all or there will be more coming in future patches? Warrior sure got a lot of attention here, and I was quite dissapointed seeing only minor changes to others. E.g. Mage's Souls that are barely used even as secondary choices, or (Prime specific) Clerics struggling to get a good proc chance items due to nature of their abilities (Shaman, as first thing that comes in mind).

Hopefuly the great work does not end here.

I certainly hope this can bring warrior ST dps on Prime up from 1k to 2k and on live get souls other than Chantion up from below 1m to 2m for raids that req so much dps on the dps checks

at the moment depending on how these changes look like in action only one warrior is of any use in any raid on prime and live due to buff over riding debuff not stacking so that the one soul warriors are good in on either server cannot be used by more than one warrior per raid

Soulwalker

Default servers are still down?!

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Full Patch Notes:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...16-2018-a.html

Share your thoughts with us here!
    Brasse
    servers are still down?! how on earth?! its 5:18 PM (5/16/2018) US east coast and i still cant log in...WTH?!

no communication on log in window, nothing.

"excellent" customer service

Quote Originally Posted by Inannii View Post
    servers are still down?! how on earth?! its 5:18 PM (5/16/2018) US east coast and i still cant log in...WTH?!

no communication on log in window, nothing.

"excellent" customer service

There have been several posts on the forums, and a few posts on the official twitter involving updates.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omgitslos View Post
    There have been several posts on the forums, and a few posts on the official twitter involving updates.
    Not everyone is going to, let alone knows to flock to social or these forums to get a status update. A logical location for status information would be direct on the patch/glyph client.
    --BC

Soulwalker

Still ignored how bad mages need buffs. Still leaving both the necromancer and elementalist pets complete and utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaximus View Post
    Still ignored how bad mages need buffs. Still leaving both the necromancer and elementalist pets complete and utter garbage.
    been playing necro for awhile now, leveled up one to 70 and working on another alt. I have to 100% agree. the necro is weak. I stopped playing elementalist awhile back. Just seems blah. sad though because I was totally into elementalist in the beginning.

Rift Disciple

Well we had an interesting time raiding tonight, our guild had a raid scheduled for 6pm server time a few minutes prior to the servers coming online, so we had zero time to prepare or test things out on live prior to the raid.

Our Primalists dps was abysmal tonight compared to usual the best one in the group was struggling to get to around 1.05mil on the first boss in BoS versus his usual 1.6mil~
    Likewise our warriors using chantion did poorly the stronger of the 2 managing 850k < I'm happy about this, this abomination shouldn't have been allowed to live as long as it did, but they didn't have a different competitive dps build to fall back on.
    I lazied it up with Ele/Pyro on the first boss and was sitting around 1.38mil so not to far off the normal for me.
    Our one rogue we had slotted in to dps tonight didn't make it on so I don't have anything to say about their performance currently.

So either our 2 Primalists and our 2 Warriors we had dpsing got hit pretty hard with the patch, were playing super poorly, or were suffering from some patch day wonkiness, who knows... we'll see how this shakes out over our other BoS runs this week.

I wish I knew more about other classes, though even that may not have helped me to understand the changes with the buff stacking.

I can't see any changes for Primalists or Warchanter, so are you telling me their nerfs came in form the form of the corrections to buff stacking? Well it sounds like they've corrected something, so if balance goes out of tilt due to this it certainly isn't a bad thing, its progression to more control and understanding of how dps is being generated by abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishimui View Post
    Our Primalists dps was abysmal tonight compared to usual the best one in the group was struggling to get to around 1.05mil on the first boss in BoS versus his usual 1.6mil~.
    If this is true then it's about time they were knocked off the spotlight ^^.

Either way, it's so refreshing to see a balance change like this, I don't play warrior, but this excites me greatly. I honestly don't care if this messes up balance even further, it opens up room for experimenting again, changes to specs, a change of pace and a sign of further understanding from Trion Devs, so thanks Trion!

Sure there's still lots to do, but guys, please hold off the "well my mage still sucks" until you've actually had a few weeks to see the changes. This is brilliant to see, give them a bit of praise for once, and let them now focus a bit of a new raid/intrepid.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-16-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I can't see any changes for Primalists or Warchanter, so are you telling me their nerfs came in form the form of the corrections to buff stacking?
    This was the confusing part to me as well, there wasn't anything that clearly said hey 'this is a nerf' to those.
    The buff stacking changes were very vague in that they didn't really mention at all how the stacking of any said buffs changed just that they changed. It's going to take a lot of testing to see what all this has effected.

As I mentioned in my other post we were raiding right after the servers came up, so it could have been some other strange patch day lag/problem. I'll report back with more info after our other 2 BoS runs this weekend.
    Last edited by Ishimui; 05-16-2018 at 10:56 PM. Reason: don't type that well when i'm half asleep :P

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimui View Post
    This was the confusing part to me as well, there wasn't anything that clearly said hey 'this is a nerf' to those.
    The buff stacking changes were very vague in that they didn't really mention at all how the stacking of any said buffs changed just that they changed. It's going to take a lot of testing to see what all this has effected.

As I mentioned in my other post we were raiding right after the servers came up, so it could have been some other strange patch day lag/problem. I'll report back with more info after our other 2 BoS runs this weekend.

Primalists have had inflated DPS because of the way buffs were stacking. Now that they're all in line, they're closer to what they should have been all along. I tested on a dummy and was at 1.1 in vulclord. One button derv is junk now... ~850k ish. All T2 gear, but most not upgraded, and I didn't swap my trinket/Sigil from my rogue.

Rogues top specs(61 NB and 54/22) didn't get much of a change. Bout 1.3mill with 54 and slightly higher with 61 on a dummy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast