+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Balidin
  • 3 Post By Seshatar
  • 1 Post By Innomorata
  • 1 Post By Hellishly

Thread: Silver Tier Event: The Seeker - Rewards (Please reward everyone)

General of Telara

Default Silver Tier Event: The Seeker - Rewards (Please reward everyone)

Silver Tier Event: The Seeker is going to commence this week and I thought I might ask the dev team one last time to make the reward scheme of this event more inclusive.

As we all know there is a lot of contention within the live playerbase about content for the live game. We don't have a lot of content to do currently and so any type of cool event Trion puts on would be really awesome to be inclusive as possible.

I believe that although it could be exciting to put up a special super reward for a few small amount of people, rewarding all participants is a much better way to go. From the small community of my guild at least, people were quite excited until they learnt that only a minute amount of the playerbase would actually earn anything.

I can obviously see that this was a challenge set for the Prime server, being set in mathosia with a small reward pool but Live is not a challenge server and is a community where people like to pitch in. It's cool for have it for both communities but for us at least please be nice to this long standing part of the overall Rift communtiy and spread the rewards around for Live.

I would suggest the following (on top of the silver tier)
    • Each box found contains items such as plat, a pet, etc.
    • At certain breakpoints (i.e. every 20 fouind) a player recieves something nice in the mail such as a reward token
    • Perhaps a bundle of artifact troves, pets or something for completing the whole thing.

Please think about this. I fear there will be a very low engagment from the Live community if it stays as is. This is a good opportunity to show you are listening and gain some good vibes from the Live community
    Last edited by Balidin; 05-13-2018 at 11:08 AM.

I agree there should be additional rewards. I personally would love to see the boxes rewarding (once per box/character) Community artifacts (the ones Dead Simon dev events usually reward) and Captured Intel for level 70 characters (Void Stones for lower characters). Plat is not a good idea imo, as there is no need to fire up the inflation even more. I also agree with milestone achievements at 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 boxes that reward something special. This will also make people work together (after the first player got all) instead of only competing and should drastically increase overall participation (tbh I wouldn't even participate right now if I didn't have Silver Tier already).
    Last edited by Seshatar; 05-13-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

General of Telara

Some good suggestions. Perhaps plat may not be a great idea I agree. I like the idea of the community artifacts and intel.

I just hope they go with any suggestions that might make it more enjoyable and fun for the wider community

Excellent suggestions from Balidin and Seshatar!.

Another example of players trying to help Rift team to engage more effectively with their community, after all that is what Live and Prime are....communities of players.

I think the rewards structure and amendments suggested above is both sensible and cost effective as it is not introducing much in the way of plat valued items (other than perhaps some artifacts) whilst giving players a sense of a level playing field, a chance at getting something nice, and it will not disenfranchise those players who even whilst being patrons may not have lots of extra time available to divert from a more mundane daily routine of grinding intel/DRR/Rifts etc for eternals

TRION and Rift team in particular are always keen to suggest they value critical feedback as long as it is balanced and fair and I think the above suggestions would allow for an event that feels more inclusive for all players.

Cant wait to make the attempt for a prize, but equally aware that given my time constraints it is unlikely so being able to feel included with small rewards would also feel like a win!
    Last edited by AtoningUnifex; 05-15-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default time, participation

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    Excellent suggestions from Balidin and Seshatar!.

Another example of players trying to help Rift team to engage more effectively with their community, after all that is what Live and Prime are....communities of players.

I think the rewards structure and amendments suggested above is both sensible and cost effective as it is not introducing much in the way of plat valued items (other than perhaps some artifacts) whilst giving players a sense of a level playing field, a chance at getting something nice, and it will not disenfranchise those players who even whilst being patrons may not have lots of extra time available to divert from a more mundane daily routine of grinding intel/DRR/Rifts etc for eternals

TRION and Rift team in particular are always keen to suggest they value critical feedback as long as it is balanced and fair and I think the above suggestions would allow for an event that feels more inclusive for all players.

Cant wait to make the attempt for a prize, but equally aware that given my time constraints it is unlikely so being able to feel included with small rewards would also feel like a win!
    I personally AM able to no-life the game if I want, due to personal circumstances. but I still won't bother with this event, as its so unrewarding. the above suggestions are at least an attempt to improve it. i'm not one of those "give everyone a trophy to feel special" people, but there should be SOME incentive to participate.
    Deepwood- Linn, Mina, Mordana, Nif, Sif
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Quote Originally Posted by Innomorata View Post
    I personally AM able to no-life the game if I want, due to personal circumstances. but I still won't bother with this event, as its so unrewarding. the above suggestions are at least an attempt to improve it. i'm not one of those "give everyone a trophy to feel special" people, but there should be SOME incentive to participate.
    I can do the same. But won't go out of my way to complete it because RNG always hates me, so I know I won't be one of the special 3.
    When it was announced a few weeks back in a post on Rift's facebook page I commented then as did others that it only rewarding 1+3 people for the huge amount of work it will take to complete sucks and needed to be rethought out. Trion's reply was "that we will get an achievement, that will be enough".
    Well no it is not enough. And if they want it to be a success, they need to rethink the rewards.

Rift Disciple

Each box contains level appropriate food (Taranis Dumplings for my 70 mage), some planarite, and plat. 10-11 so far in my experience (4)

+ Reply to Thread