+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree320Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Maintenance mode for Rift Live

Prophet of Telara

Default Maintenance mode for Rift Live

Can you just please tell us the truth so we can move on ?

You keep telling us that "you are not done with live" or "prime won`t affect live once it`s up" but your actions prove otherwise.

I`ve been a loyal subscriber/patron since closed beta 4 and from my personal point of view I can tell that Rift Live is dying.

It`s never been that bad. Ever. I was always a PvP/PvE player (started as pure PvP) so stages where we didn`t have much to do in PvE weren`t that bad beacuse I could always do PvP (WF, Conq, World PvP). PvP is dead so I can`t even do that.

I`m not gonna list all the issues with Rift Live. They have been posted here many times.

My year sub will run out in 20 days. For the first time in 7 years I`m seriously thinking about canceling it.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Τhey said 3 big updates on Live and a new zone.
    Hope till summer we get one of these big updates.
    Seriously no content update till October ?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    Τhey said 3 big updates on Live
    Summerfest, Autumn Harvest and Fae Yule ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Hope around this time but not just the events

It is unlikely any further assurance on the future state of Live will be coming your way, and certain there will be no confirmation of a maintenance mode. At most they will simply repeat or rephrase promises already made.

If you're unhappy with the pace of development, perhaps temporarily letting your subscription lapse is a good idea. You'll still be able to access Live and can subscribe again when you feel it worth doing so.

The very earliest I can see them being done with Live is 2019.

And even then, only if Prime is a super disproportional success.

Instead I'll rather predict, assuming moderate success for both:
    2018 - Live continues/ends Prophecy of Ahnket, Prime advances Classic and Storm Legion.
    2019 - Live ends Prophecy of Ahnket and starts 5.0. Prime advances Nightmare Tide and Prophecy of Ahnket.
    2020 - Live continues 5.0. Prime is decided (sub server? close and transfer? different servers?).

I don't see Live entering maintenance mode in the short term, and likely not mid term. A slowed development pace is by far not a maintenance mode, and look around the MMORPG genre to understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Even if so, still at least a new zone.

But really more likely 2-3 more true content patches. Whether they'l be of the size and content that one desires is another matter.

What won't be happening is a numbered version expansion, but its not necessarily the case that one will never happen (it could just be waiting for any time 2019).

EDIT: And by the way, go ahead and unsub. You wouldn't be alone, really whatever.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 04-25-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    It is unlikely any further assurance on the future state of Live will be coming your way, and certain there will be no confirmation of a maintenance mode. At most they will simply repeat or rephrase promises already made.

If you're unhappy with the pace of development, perhaps temporarily letting your subscription lapse is a good idea. You'll still be able to access Live and can subscribe again when you feel it worth doing so.
    That sounds great in theory, however the beginning of last December, I decided to take advantage of the patron offer and re-subbed for a further 12 months taking my current subscription to May 2019. I have been patron continuosly from the beginning of FTP thinking I am supporting a fantastic franchise I just wish there was some way of getting a refund on my stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadykadie View Post
    That sounds great in theory, however the beginning of last December, I decided to take advantage of the patron offer and re-subbed for a further 12 months taking my current subscription to May 2019. I have been patron continuosly from the beginning of FTP thinking I am supporting a fantastic franchise I just wish there was some way of getting a refund on my stupidity.
    Well, I was replying to someone on the cusp of renewal, making it a quite viable option. It is obviously less attractive to someone still committed for some time.

Whether it remains viable depends on if the money you spent on Patron status is such that it allows or prevents seeking replacement entertainment.

Your time has value too, and we only have so much to spend on what we enjoy.

It may be that you get more value in terms of fun for your time by spending it doing something you enjoy than you would lose in value in terms of money by moving on before you Patron time expires.

After all, the money will eventually replenish. The time once spent is gone, making it all the more important to spend wisely.

I'm afraid that new content / new zone just means VP clone : main questline, new reput and intel (or other name) endless boring grind, helm and ranged upgrades with planarite /crifts farm, and so on...
    They don't have enough devs for create new dungeons or raids so pve content is just doing the same dailies ad nauseum.

Plane Walker

I think you already know the answer to your own question. You are in a perfect position though because you can just let your sub expire and re-sub later as soon as new content comes to Live. If you want to check out Prime then just keep your sub. I was in a similar position as you a while back- having played since launch and maintained patron pretty much the entire time until this expansion. I decided to let my sub expire for now and wait for the right time in the future to re-sub. I still have all my plat and credit so whenever the situation is right I will sub again. For now I'm enjoying FFXIV.
    Last edited by Gurgi of Prydain; 04-26-2018 at 05:25 AM.

General of Telara

We are in maintenance mode in all but admission from Trion.

In my view this state would only change when content is added to the live game and balance is addressed. Trion can say anything they like but it will only change (again in my view) when they actually do something.

Words mean absolutely nothing at this point. Nothing at all.

Please note I post because I care about Rift. It makes me sad to see what is happening. If positive things happen I will be one of the first to acknowledge it.

BMX
    Plane Walker

All it would take is honest to God effort from the top down to get this franchise where it needs and deserves to be.

The current content could use a little care and it could use fresh (read, non-repeat) instances along with resolving the soul system and balance of em.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, we have the talent, we need a few more seats filled to properly maintain Rift as it should be maintained.

There could be some real and appropriate communication from our devs and others in Trion, yes! This does make an appearance of maintenance mode, perhaps.
    Banned

Solutions are always easy to those that only have to speculate about them on a forum as opposed to those that must actually determine and then implement them, all within the constraint of available resources rather than imagined ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    For now I'm enjoying FFXIV.
    FFXiV you say?

I heard that's a pretty good game.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast